Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Tom's STB's.... 1st come, 1st serve...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-02 | 09:32 PM
skins990
Rookie

count me in for one front strut bar, pm me when yall get everything figured out and will send you money asap
Old 07-15-02 | 12:58 AM
Neo
The One

For those with GS300s, there was a member who had some problems putting on the Tom's front STB. When Steve first announced the Tom's bar, he said that the STB would fit the GS300's. You will probably need spacers to get it on. Therefore, your mileage may vary with this STB. This is partly why I've been waiting for the UGO bar. Although it may never get here , I have not heard of a problem with it fitting the GS300's without spacers.

If not for the fitment issues, I would definitely jump on this GP. I have a 98 GS300 so engine cover is not an issue for me (since I don't have one ).

Anyway, just a little heads up.
Old 07-15-02 | 06:34 AM
UTGS400
Instructor

What exactly is the difference between the TOM'S STB and the TRD STB??
Old 07-15-02 | 11:44 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Neo
For those with GS300s, there was a member who had some problems putting on the Tom's front STB. When Steve first announced the Tom's bar, he said that the STB would fit the GS300's. You will probably need spacers to get it on. Therefore, your mileage may vary with this STB. This is partly why I've been waiting for the UGO bar. Although it may never get here , I have not heard of a problem with it fitting the GS300's without spacers.

If not for the fitment issues, I would definitely jump on this GP. I have a 98 GS300 so engine cover is not an issue for me (since I don't have one ).

Anyway, just a little heads up.
Check it out.... I also have a GS300 and to get the STB to fit you have to raise the frontend off the ground to release the presure off the struts... Then it fits.....

As for the GB... Steve is on vacation till next week.. I emailed him and hopefully he gets back to me soon... If not I will talk to Angel at Carlson, maybe he can help me out.....
Old 07-15-02 | 03:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by UTGS400
What exactly is the difference between the TOM'S STB and the TRD STB??
well, they are both one piece. difference if you can get tom's now, and trd? not under trd japan starts shipping again

mrsypher, actually a lot of time you have to jack up the car from the front middle to "flex" the car a bit in prder to fit in the bar
Old 07-15-02 | 03:15 PM
Neo
The One

mrsypher,

So you already have yours and it fits? With or w/o the engine cover?
Old 07-15-02 | 05:17 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Neo
mrsypher,

So you already have yours and it fits? With or w/o the engine cover?
mrsypher doesn't have his yet and will be getting his with us, but he just knows this information frome some research or talking to steve. at the worst, it'll fit with three spacers per side.

where is everyone that needs one? i know there are others, damn it!
Old 07-15-02 | 05:50 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bravo261

mrsypher doesn't have his yet and will be getting his with us, but he just knows this information frome some research or talking to steve. at the worst, it'll fit with three spacers per side.

where is everyone that needs one? i know there are others, damn it!
Brav, thanks..... Yeah what he said....

Rominl, What the hell did you say to me?? I didn't get that one bit...
Old 07-15-02 | 06:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by mrsypher

Brav, thanks..... Yeah what he said....

Rominl, What the hell did you say to me?? I didn't get that one bit...
oh i am talking about the intstructions on how to put on the stb. a lot of times after some driving the engine bay is tweaked a bit and the bar won't fit. all you need to do it jack up the car from the front until both wheels are off teh ground. that way the suspension is loose and thus "flex" the car, and you cna put in the bar
Old 07-15-02 | 07:28 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl

oh i am talking about the intstructions on how to put on the stb. a lot of times after some driving the engine bay is tweaked a bit and the bar won't fit. all you need to do it jack up the car from the front until both wheels are off teh ground. that way the suspension is loose and thus "flex" the car, and you cna put in the bar
sypher said that somewhere on the first page i believe. so that makes two people confirming instructions. we're looking good now!
Old 07-15-02 | 07:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by bravo261

sypher said that somewhere on the first page i believe. so that makes two people confirming instructions. we're looking good now!
well i have to say though, my instructions are generic and it's for all cars (including my acura), and i wouldn't be surprised if i have to do that to the gs4 too.
Old 07-15-02 | 08:32 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hey guys, about these STB's I am going to speak to Angel over at Carlson Toyota because Steve is away... I hope we can clear this crap up so we can get these STB's on our cars.....
Old 07-16-02 | 09:42 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Ok here is the real break down......

STB's....

Front= $235.00
Rear= $170.00

For both= $405.00+ shipping & tax if in Cali.....

Last edited by MrSypher; 07-16-02 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-16-02 | 02:08 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Now who's in this GROUP-BUY??? So far I got......

Mrsypher= front & rear...
Bravo261= front....
a1exos= front (black)
skins990= front...

I have as maybies????

CJGS4....
Rominl...
and lopes03...

Another question for you guys.... How come evreyone is only getting the front and not the rear??? I would get the rear also and being that there is only 4 left, I would do it now instead of a few weeks from now when you decide you want it and there's none in stock....

Those of you who want the STB's now send me a PM with all your info...

name...
Address...
and method of payment....

I can have them shipped out tomorrow for you....
Old 07-16-02 | 04:26 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

sypher,

i'm not getting the rear because of the subs that are sitting right in there. i'll think about lower chassis parts though.

i'll PM you with my info tonight. thanks!!

Quick Reply: Tom's STB's.... 1st come, 1st serve...