Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

MARCH MADNESS! HIDeXtra NEW Slim Matte Black HID Kit $50

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-11, 08:57 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MARCH MADNESS! HIDeXtra NEW Slim Matte Black HID Kit $50

HidExtra's all new HID Black Matte Ultra Slim HID kits. We are the only folks in the market to have this and it features an ultra sleek black matte design, built in ignitor, and ultra compact design. Only 500 kits available for this month.

Ballast comparison:

Original introductory price is $61.49

MARCH MADNESS forum discount = $50.00 shipped within USA.

Coupon code = marchlexus

Please visit www.hidextra.com and use this coupon for your special discount. Coupon valid on this new product only. Sale begins 3/7/2011 and ends on 3/13/2011.

This is a slim kit at an even lower price than the standard kit, be sure to take advantage of our deal this week!
Old 03-08-11, 11:40 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

To the top
Old 03-11-11, 11:22 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 03-11-11, 12:39 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Hey HIDEXTRA -

I still haven't received my shipment. Any reason why you don't respond to emails after a customer has an issue with your product? Thanks!
Old 03-11-11, 06:29 PM
panerai7
Driver School Candidate

The ones on the picture that you call "standard" are exactly the ones you sold me as "slim". So are these slimmer than slim? By the way they turned out to be not water proof. And the bulbs that were supposed to be 5000 are very dim and very blue. Very strange all together. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.
Old 03-14-11, 11:28 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by J2K
Hey HIDEXTRA -

I still haven't received my shipment. Any reason why you don't respond to emails after a customer has an issue with your product? Thanks!
Sorry we have a logjam on email... can you give me your email address, I will see where we are at right now and hope to get back to you by today. Thanks.
Old 03-14-11, 11:35 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by panerai7
The ones on the picture that you call "standard" are exactly the ones you sold me as "slim". So are these slimmer than slim? By the way they turned out to be not water proof. And the bulbs that were supposed to be 5000 are very dim and very blue. Very strange all together. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.
Sorry to hear that our product did not meet your expectation on many levels. Your slim kit in silver would look similar than standard in shape and color. So it'd be tough to judge by picture in terms of dimension. If you believe you received the standard kit, we can swap that out for you. Your bulbs could be defective, we can replace those if it's under warranty. Thanks.
Old 03-14-11, 08:28 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HIDXTRA
Sorry we have a logjam on email... can you give me your email address, I will see where we are at right now and hope to get back to you by today. Thanks.
greenwaverule@netzero.com
Old 03-17-11, 09:26 AM
tpham86
Pole Position

I called and attempted to order replacement bulbs for a kit I ordered in around Feb '10. (previous design). I wanted to switch colors but was told that they no longer offer replacement bulbs for those kits and that the new bulbs wouldn't work properly with the old kits. He tried to convince me to upgrade to the newer kit. I asked him what if I wanted a warranty replacement, would I be SOL? I stated the kit carries a lifetime warranty. He replies by saying "the warranty is a lifetime on the kit, which is 1 year." Convo is as follows:

Me: "youre telling me that your kit is only expected to last one year??! if thats the case, state that it has a 1year warranty, not lifetime. That is a very misleading practice."
Him: "If you want your bulb warrantied, you will have to go through an email process."
Me: "I dont want it warrantied, I want to change to 5000k. I know that you HAVE to have a supply of the 5000k for your warranty customers"
Him: "Let me look and see if we have any.. *looks for bulb* "yes we have a pair we can send you, it will be $15."

Thats rougly the breakdown of the conversation. I find it pretty low for them to try and lie to upsell a customer. I will never buy from them again

FYI: I sent a payment for the bulbs. Instead of going to HIDextra.com it goes to hid-light.com. I looked up the site and it seems to be a different company, selling the same product. What is going on with the shady business practices?

Last edited by tpham86; 03-18-11 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-17-11, 03:40 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Hi J2K, the package is on the way.

Hi tpham86, really sorry if we caused any confusion and dissatisfaction on your order. Our kits come with 1 year warranty. We do have replacement bulbs reserved for warranty purpose only at limited quantity. Our staff suggested a new kit since you did not need warranty. We had to ask for approval to pull from warranty stock to fulfill your request. That way we will have enough in case customers need to exchange.

Our other email address is strictly for payment only and we are taking orders at hidextra.com. Thank you.
Old 03-18-11, 03:49 PM
panerai7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HIDXTRA
Sorry to hear that our product did not meet your expectation on many levels. Your slim kit in silver would look similar than standard in shape and color. So it'd be tough to judge by picture in terms of dimension. If you believe you received the standard kit, we can swap that out for you. Your bulbs could be defective, we can replace those if it's under warranty. Thanks.
I have gotten a replacement set of bulbs already. They are just as dim and still too blue to be 5000k. And the balasts on the picture are the slim ones I bought, cause at the time of int order your standard ballasts looked completely different from the "slim" ones I got.
I think you guys are selling whatever junk they send you from china. Same kits as ebay $20 junk.
Old 03-18-11, 07:45 PM
tpham86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by panerai7
I have gotten a replacement set of bulbs already. They are just as dim and still too blue to be 5000k. And the balasts on the picture are the slim ones I bought, cause at the time of int order your standard ballasts looked completely different from the "slim" ones I got.
I think you guys are selling whatever junk they send you from china. Same kits as ebay $20 junk.
I'm glad others are getting the same bs I am.

www.hidextra.com and www.hid-light.com are selling the same product for the same price. Their sites are nearly identical. I find it interesting that one company would split into two seperate names to sell the same product. Buyer beware.