Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Spring Group Buy from VAIS Technology

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-11, 05:02 AM
LS430Lexus
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
Default '02 LS430 w/Nav - Would like to add Satellite Radio

I am looking for a kit to add XM or Sirius to my '02LS430 w/Nav. An Ipod connection would be a nice bonus but not required.

Can you recommend an option? Thank you.
Old 05-09-11, 02:00 PM
Lexinton
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VaisTech
We do ship to Canada. And ML Plus is fully compatible with your car. ML Plus only has one USB input, and we recommend USB extension to be connected to it, so you can change your USB sources any time. But you are right you can only have one USB source connected at any given time.

Any other questions are welcome!
I noticed on your website as well that you have distributors/installers in Canada (Toronto). Would you be able to PM me the names of the businesses?

And this may be a stupid question, but would rather ask regardless - what type of video files can be played through a USB key on the ML Plus? AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, DivX, RM, MOV, MKV, and FLV compatible? I also assume if I attach a hard drive that I can transfer these files from the USB key to the HD and watch through that.

I'm assuming that the VML unit does NOT play video, and is strickly an audio unit?
Old 05-09-11, 03:17 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by sgretchko
I am looking for a kit to add XM or Sirius to my '02LS430 w/Nav. An Ipod connection would be a nice bonus but not required.

Can you recommend an option? Thank you.
Unfortunately we can't add Sirius into your car, but we can definitely install XM. SL2xD2 with XHD2H1 tuner will do that in MD changer emulation.
Old 05-09-11, 03:20 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Lexinton
I noticed on your website as well that you have distributors/installers in Canada (Toronto). Would you be able to PM me the names of the businesses?

And this may be a stupid question, but would rather ask regardless - what type of video files can be played through a USB key on the ML Plus? AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, DivX, RM, MOV, MKV, and FLV compatible? I also assume if I attach a hard drive that I can transfer these files from the USB key to the HD and watch through that.

I'm assuming that the VML unit does NOT play video, and is strickly an audio unit?
ML Plus will only play videos from your iPod, it will not play any videos from flash drive or HDD. As for distributors you can contact our customer service at info@vaistech.com for that information, but they are not going to be able to match the group buy pricing.
Old 05-10-11, 10:11 AM
whytry
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I am still somewhat new to this as well, I had IPOD integration in my 750i BMW before, but now I have a 04 GS430 with NAV, which option is best for me to be able to add my IPOD touch and Iphone 4 be able to play the IPOD and control it thru the stock navi screen and be able to play video thru the screen. It looks like this can be done but I want to make sure I do it correctly. I would love to be able to watch a video while driving, can that be accomplished as well? can I get my bluetooth on the Iphone 4 to work thru this as well?

THX in advance for your help.
Old 05-10-11, 10:12 AM
bmerm32002
Driver School Candidate

Hello,

My car is 2006 GS300 without Nav, I’m very interest to purchase VAIS SL2I-Up for my car, and not sure is the right product I like to buy it.
I’m living in SF bay area, did you know any shop can provide installation near the Zip code 94538 or 95123.
Old 05-10-11, 12:59 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by whytry
I am still somewhat new to this as well, I had IPOD integration in my 750i BMW before, but now I have a 04 GS430 with NAV, which option is best for me to be able to add my IPOD touch and Iphone 4 be able to play the IPOD and control it thru the stock navi screen and be able to play video thru the screen. It looks like this can be done but I want to make sure I do it correctly. I would love to be able to watch a video while driving, can that be accomplished as well? can I get my bluetooth on the Iphone 4 to work thru this as well?

THX in advance for your help.
You can get either SL2i-UP or SL2Vi for your car. Both will give you iPod integration through your screen. SL2Vi will also play videos stored on your iPod right on your navigation screen. Please keep in mind none of the devices will show text information simply because your radio doesn't support it.

SL2Vi will only play videos while the car is stationary.

Thanks,
Old 05-10-11, 01:00 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by bmerm32002
Hello,

My car is 2006 GS300 without Nav, I’m very interest to purchase VAIS SL2I-Up for my car, and not sure is the right product I like to buy it.
I’m living in SF bay area, did you know any shop can provide installation near the Zip code 94538 or 95123.
SL2i-UP is fully compatible with your car. For list of installers in your area please email us at info@vaistech.com
Old 05-10-11, 06:45 PM
chriso_86
Rookie

What about the SL2iC??
Old 05-11-11, 10:28 AM
whytry
Advanced

Originally Posted by VaisTech
You can get either SL2i-UP or SL2Vi for your car. Both will give you iPod integration through your screen. SL2Vi will also play videos stored on your iPod right on your navigation screen. Please keep in mind none of the devices will show text information simply because your radio doesn't support it.

SL2Vi will only play videos while the car is stationary.

Thanks,
SL2i-UP sounds like the better option then, correct? Also is there a way to get my bluetooth to work thru the car speakers when hooked up to this? Is that even a possibility?

THX
Old 05-11-11, 10:54 AM
whytry
Advanced

Wait I'm trying to get video's to play as well but I would like them to play while driving.... So re-looking at everything the SL2i-UP does not seem to be the best option, correct?
Old 05-11-11, 11:34 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by chriso_86
What about the SL2iC??
If you are looking to order SL2iC, call our sales line we may be able to get a you a discount on it as well.
Old 05-11-11, 11:35 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by whytry
SL2i-UP sounds like the better option then, correct? Also is there a way to get my bluetooth to work thru the car speakers when hooked up to this? Is that even a possibility?

THX
Unfortunately nothing we can do about the bluetooth. As for SL2i-UP, it's just a audio integration unit, no video. So, if you are not looking to play video from your iPod on the nav screen, then SL2i-UP is the product you want! If you would like to play videos, then you need SL2Vi!
Old 05-11-11, 11:38 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

ML Plus has been tested with 2010+ CT, GX, LS and RX model without side view cameras and is ready to ship for those models.

IS, GS and ES will be tested this or earlier next week.
Old 05-11-11, 03:56 PM
Ryoma111
Driver

Hello VaisTech,

I currently have the VML kit in my 2007 IS350 ML Nav and interested in the ML+. Is the wiring harness that goes to the back of the radio the same for both? I would really like to not tear apart my dash again! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Spring Group Buy from VAIS Technology