Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

AP Racing 6 pistons brake upgrade for GS groupbuy

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-02, 03:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: Re: AP Racing 6 pistons brake upgrade for GS groupbuy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Percy
[B]
Originally posted by rominl
This is for 98+ GS300/400/430 only.

Our stock front brakes are 2 pistons and if you are thinking about upgrade to better brakes this is going to be an awesome deal. Stillen is offering a groupbuy on the AP Racing 6 pistons setup for the GS

***Actually the stock GS brakes have 4 pistons up front, 2 in rear. So they aren't THAT terrible.... That explains why they're still one of the best in stopping from 60 to 0. Often in 112 feet, give or take a few. With the AP's, they only get better.***

Percy
um..... you sure? coz' i remember reading that the stock GS brakes are 2 pistons (someone posted saying that when they changed the pads it's only on one side not both), that's why so many people upgrade to the supra tt brakes which is 4 pistons?
Old 10-06-02, 03:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by GR8WHTLEX
Has anyone determined whether this brake upgrade works with the stock 17" wheels? One of the Stillen posts seemed to indicate that it would
if you want i can send you the wheel fitment chart and you can test it out, but i am pretty sure it won't. i have tested it on my 19" and it barely fits. in most cases you need high disk wheels in order to fit these big brakes, and the stock wheels are not
Old 10-07-02, 04:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

UPDATE:

so far we have 3 people who are firm already, and 3 other people who requested the chart from me and not yet confirmed. please guys, like i said this is one hell of a deal anything info just email me at henrykuo@ee.ucla.edu or pm me.
Old 10-07-02, 07:18 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

rominl,

How long would it take to get the parts once we place the order??
The Pagid Pads do you know if they are dusty or are they dustless like EBC.. Do you know how much the shipping will be too??

Thanks!
Old 10-07-02, 11:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
rominl,

How long would it take to get the parts once we place the order??
The Pagid Pads do you know if they are dusty or are they dustless like EBC.. Do you know how much the shipping will be too??

Thanks!
I am asking manaray about the brake dust but from what I have researched they don't produce much at all.

For other questions, I will be calling Stillen tomorrow anyway so I will include them as well. If anyone else has any questions please let me know.
Old 10-08-02, 03:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Re: AP Racing 6 pistons brake upgrade for GS groupbuy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Percy
[B]
Originally posted by rominl
This is for 98+ GS300/400/430 only.

Our stock front brakes are 2 pistons and if you are thinking about upgrade to better brakes this is going to be an awesome deal. Stillen is offering a groupbuy on the AP Racing 6 pistons setup for the GS

***Actually the stock GS brakes have 4 pistons up front, 2 in rear. So they aren't THAT terrible.... That explains why they're still one of the best in stopping from 60 to 0. Often in 112 feet, give or take a few. With the AP's, they only get better.***

Percy
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=60241

seems like the stock GS is 2 pistons setup
Old 10-08-02, 12:19 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Romini,

Theyr're 4 piston up front, 2 in back. Service manual will confirm this. If they were 2 piston up front then then one of the caliper sides would have been a "flat plate" rather than having housings for pistons.

Percy
Old 10-08-02, 04:28 PM
X-TNSIV
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can somehow get your supplier to throw in a AP big brake kit for my NSX, then you've got another buyer....

pm with prices if this is possible.

thanks,
Allen
Old 10-08-02, 09:05 PM
miko400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Upgrade

Thanks for all the help. Jeff I had suggested that I was not sure what the post was saying. But thanks for your help as well..
Old 10-08-02, 11:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

UPDATE:

OK, at this point I have gotten FOUR people in the GB, they are:

rominl (me)
jeffandi
shrshooter (would do it if it's 2599)
jwu128 (looking forward to 5 people)

couple other people have requested me about the fitment chart as well. we only need ONE more people to make the GB happen, and like i said many times it's a really good deal for what you getting. If you are interested please join ASAP

2SAVVY, i tried to call stillen couple of times but the guy wasn't there, i will try to reach him again tomorrow.

also, once i get 5 buyers or so i will post up the contact and payment info, so we can place orders together.
Old 10-09-02, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

UPDATE:

Tons of update today:

1) Quite sure there are 4 people in the GB already and we only need one more player.

2) Once the order is in, it will take them about 2 to 3 days to put the kit together. They have all the parts in stock so it will be fast. Shipping will vary between 3 to 5 days usually.

3) Shipping cost for east coast or Toronto will be around 60 to 70 bucks in most cases. 2SAVVY, I am giving them your zip code for more accurate cost.

4) Brake dust -- you will get more dust compared to stock but it's a compromise for performance. I asked manaray and he says there are brake dust but it's still acceptable.

5) For people in south cali, Stillen (the place for this GB) is around 405 and 5 so if you can do will call pick up it will save some money. Just need to talk to them ahead of time.

6) Like I said email me at henrykuo@ee.ucla.edu for wheel fitment chart.

7) Apparently you can do monthly payment for the brakes so you don't have to spill out the big chunk of money one time. I am going to get more info from them tomorrow and will provide them here.

8) Calipers will be available in either Black or Red for the same cost.

These two days I will start contacting all the buyers about order info and details, and I will also post up the info here. Once there are 5 orders they will start building and shipping the kits, until the GB ends on 10/18, where the price will jump back up to 3200.
Old 10-09-02, 11:57 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great job with this rominl. Hope you get number 5. If I had wheels that would fit, I'd do it.
Old 10-10-02, 12:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Neo
Great job with this rominl. Hope you get number 5. If I had wheels that would fit, I'd do it.
thanks, i am trying my best what rims do you have? it doesn't have enough clearance?
Old 10-10-02, 05:44 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

rominl,

I have the L-Tuned wheels. I like them just fine. Originally, I just wanted to do a few things to set my GS apart from all the stock ones. I also wanted to keep the 'L' emblem on the wheel. This wheel was my only option. I did not think about "manufacturing" an 'L' center cap like RMMGS4 did.

Anyway, I knew going in that I would not be able to upgrade my brakes with this wheel. I did not think I needed to. I did not think that I would be bit by the bug like this, though. It is all CL's fault, you know.
Old 10-11-02, 04:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

UPDATE:

Guys, got off the phone with Stillen, they are truly professional people Ayway, more update now.

I was wrong about the monthly payment, it was a misunderstanding through emails. You will need to purchase the whole kit together. The calipers are available in black and red, and they look different as well. I got pics of the red calipers and i will post them up later on.

Another thing that they want to say is that you need to maintain the brakes carefully, since it's a whole new thing now. Every time you do oil change you need to look at the pads to make sure they are ok, leak, etc...

For those who are in the GB already, you can start placing order already. What they will do is to wait until the end of the GB, as long as it hits 5 people they will charge the 2599 price. so far we have 4 firm people already, only ONE more people needed

Last edited by rominl; 10-11-02 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply: AP Racing 6 pistons brake upgrade for GS groupbuy