Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

RMI Scoops from ISS Forged MPG Increase.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-12, 01:46 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey guys,

we've been taking in alot of orders all day.
We will have a proper product shots for you all tomorrow morning.

The scoops are constructed entirely of aluminum

will have more updates soon

thanks,
VJ
Old 04-03-12, 02:05 PM
MR Deuce
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
What does this product look like? What does it actually do? Is there any documented testing? Why are people throwing money at this product?

I would probably buy one, just dont know what I would be spending my money on...
http://www.rogueengineering.com/rogu...N/RPI-RAI.html

This is basically the same as what ISS Forged is doing for the F's.

This is demonstrating how it work. I"m not saying this is what we are getting its just an example. Hope this helps.
Old 04-03-12, 02:11 PM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
What does this product look like? What does it actually do? Is there any documented testing? Why are people throwing money at this product?

I would probably buy one, just dont know what I would be spending my money on...
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but it is a scoop that gathers and channels air into our stock airbox. There isn't any documented testing out yet, but as deprived as we are for mods I think that is why alot of people are throwing money at it, myself included. I believe it functions best at higher speeds where more air can be gathered faster so throttle is increased, and you pick up a bit of horsepower. There have been mixed reviews from systems such as the rpi ram air for BMWs and vararam for corvettes. I figure at $150 if it performs then and if not I'll take a hit and sell to someone who would like to see if it works. Hope this helps! Also love your car man. I have been considering nitrous myself, but have no experience with it so i am hesitant.

-Bryan
Old 04-03-12, 02:35 PM
MR Deuce
Rookie

Originally Posted by BryanLeISF
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but it is a scoop that gathers and channels air into our stock airbox. There isn't any documented testing out yet, but as deprived as we are for mods I think that is why alot of people are throwing money at it, myself included. I believe it functions best at higher speeds where more air can be gathered faster so throttle is increased, and you pick up a bit of horsepower. There have been mixed reviews from systems such as the rpi ram air for BMWs and vararam for corvettes. I figure at $150 if it performs then and if not I'll take a hit and sell to someone who would like to see if it works. Hope this helps! Also love your car man. I have been considering nitrous myself, but have no experience with it so i am hesitant.

-Bryan
Bryan I agree you. The point that I was trying to make is that the RPI kit is the closest comparsion to what ISS Forged is doing. I don"t think you see any HP until atleast 40 mph. But ISS will answering these questions once they run their tests. Either way I thinks its a good buy. Just my opinion.
Old 04-03-12, 02:55 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Bryan I suggest Nitrous all the way. Just make sure you install it the right way and you will love it.

The reason we are discounting them so deeply is to gather information. Who better to give feedback then the end user. I have had them on my F for 3 months now and they work properly. They don't shoot any error codes and the car feels more responsive at higher speeds. Its a simple idea, the RMI Scoops channel air into the air box lowering air intake temps and also supplying more air to the motor. Brian your right about our cars not having many mods available. That's the reason why we made these and continue making more parts for the Lexus community. We will continue releasing more and more parts for the F as the year goes on. We are a small company so we can only release one product at a time.
Old 04-03-12, 02:59 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

PM sent. Hopefully I make the GroupBuy

Originally Posted by BryanLeISF

-Bryan
Thanks for the clarification, helped a lot!

Nitrous works well with the ISF platform, so im sure you'll enjoy the experience. If you decide to go the route, send me a pm with any questions you have and ill held you out as much as I can
Old 04-03-12, 03:18 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

alright guys...the moment you've all been waiting for

we took a quick shot of what the RMI Scoops look like for your viewing pleasure

Enjoy!
Old 04-03-12, 03:21 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Installed in Blue

Old 04-03-12, 03:31 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

Are there any other pics of this scoop installed on the car (perhaps an engine shot or an overhead shot)? Its kind of hard to tell how this functions
Old 04-03-12, 03:41 PM
sudic3000
Driver School Candidate

Very impressive MPG! I usually drive pretty gently, but i can only achieve about 12 city and 24 highway
Old 04-03-12, 03:59 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

units looks good, was pretty much what i was gonna do to fab one but since you guys have done the work ill be ordering it.
Old 04-03-12, 04:23 PM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

http://www.beastpower.com/p/bmw/rpi-ram/RP-BE60M-SCP-V3

This link is for the rpi scoops. It shows close up pics of them installed on their m5 and provides a diagram of how they are intended to function. I imagine the issforged scoops are installed and function similarly
Old 04-03-12, 07:07 PM
FOVFR421
Rookie

Those look like they might be mine and hopefully in the mail today! I can't wait to get them.

What is the estimated install time?

I'll give some thoughts once I get them installed and run with them a bit.

Excited
Old 04-03-12, 08:50 PM
Straightik
Rookie

PM Sent,.. Will the Blue match the Joe-Z intake. I'm one of the ones that thought "i'll wait til the rest of the guys post their reviews," then panic'd when he said they're selling more, and pulled the trigger.

Can't Wait!
Old 04-03-12, 09:01 PM
Straightik
Rookie

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
yes, exactly... i"m TORN!! LOL... i hadn't checked CL for about 3 days as I'm on a fishing trip in the Florida keys, and WHAM! a GB on this thing I've been waiting to get... saw the flurry of posts and "I want one/PM sent" posts and HOPE I got in soon enough... if not, oh well, what's another $100 anyway at this point... LOl you def should come up to KC and check it out after I get the ARKYM rear diffuser, Lexon CF lip and the ISS RMI scoop!
No kidding, I'm stuck in NC right now at Ft. Bragg, but soon as VJ mentioned more GB's I jumped on it. I went with Blue hopefully matching the Joe-z Intake ARKYM huh, BA. I'm piling up my mods for now tho because my motor started the knocking curse. Taking it on on Friday Soon as I head to KC I'll hit you up!

Quick Reply: RMI Scoops from ISS Forged MPG Increase.