Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

RMI Scoops from ISS Forged MPG Increase.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-12, 12:28 PM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
I'm glad your supporting the ISF platform, but if you want someone like myself to take your company seriously than please back up your claims with scientific non anecdotal evidence. A butt dyno and a factory MPG display is rather insignificant.

Why not develop a straight though ram style intake off of this design.... ?
These are not official statements. A work in progress is just that a work in progress. The company is just letting us know what they are working on. I would rather see this, than them doing all of the work behind closed doors, then releases something that may or may not work. They are getting feedback from the community.
Old 01-12-12, 12:31 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It might or might not add mpg but Infinities new G series has an oem ram intake and they say it adds 6-9hp at higher speeds.

Plus I heard these scoops will also come in different colors, one being glow in the dark white
Old 01-12-12, 01:24 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
I'm glad your supporting the ISF platform, but if you want someone like myself to take your company seriously than please back up your claims with scientific non anecdotal evidence. A butt dyno and a factory MPG display is rather insignificant.

Why not develop a straight though ram style intake off of this design.... ?
Not sure how well aware you are of ISS but I'm sure if you do some research you will see that they're claims are not BS. Actually they're on the conservative side as they do not like to oversell their products and under deliver. If what you're looking for is claims I suggest you unsubscribe from this thread and wait for the official information thread.

Gio
Old 01-12-12, 01:32 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

^ Yo Gio what happened to your thread? Get it back on here.

btw Waiting patiently for my goodies!
Old 01-12-12, 01:47 PM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
^ Yo Gio what happened to your thread? Get it back on here.

btw Waiting patiently for my goodies!

The original thread was moved over to the Vendor section, per site rules. It kind of sucks, since I don't ever go over there unless I want to purchase something. What happens if you are not aware of a new product, what would compel me to go over there?

I think they should allow the post to be in here. Come on MODS, PLEASE????

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ed-teaser.html

Last edited by fleadog99; 01-12-12 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-12-12, 01:55 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

per site rules?? They weren't selling it just giving us a teaser and info on a new product for OUR cars
Old 01-12-12, 07:28 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,982 Likes on 2,410 Posts

A teaser is an interest gathering tool. It's what the vendor forum is for. The main forum is not for selling things, promoting things, or otherwise generating business. If you read the rules, it should be pretty clear why the thread was moved. We left the exhaust thread alone, but are unable to continue making exceptions.

Browse the vendor forum more often, there's actually quite a bit of interesting stuff there, and I know our vendors appreciate it. It's why they're willing to pay and keep Club Lexus free for the rest of the membership!
Old 01-12-12, 08:55 PM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

No offense but HOLY COW, there is ZERO organization in that Vendor announcement section. There are no sub categories. Everything is just jumbled and put together. Everything gets lost. At least separate it by Wheels/Tires, Car Audio / Navigation, Interior Mods, Exterior Mods, Lighting/Electrical, Engine/Performance. Things like that. Could perhaps include a drop-down selection box when posting, then it adds it to that section. Would make it a lot easier to get around and separate it out a little.
Old 01-12-12, 09:58 PM
Cleo
Driver

Originally Posted by Fitment Factory
Ok guys this picture is just from the first set of test we have been running. This was a 10 mile run with the AC on at 60MPH on the high way with the cruise control on. The car is stock and really the car would go from 30.x to 29.xMPG. We also did test at 70MPH = 28.x MPG and at 80 MPH it was 27.x. Also we ran the test with the AC on and off and there is no MPG change.

For those that have seen 34MPG in 10 mile stretches of road on a stock car please post the pictures. If your going down hill it doesn't count... LMAO.... I have been driving my F for over a year and have never seen that kinda MPG. Toyota claims to 23 MPG highway. We are producing a new product and this is a change we noticed and shared. We also noticed that the car goes from 50 to 120 with a lot stronger pull. We have been looking for a dyno that has a fan that can product the kind of wind speeds needed to accurately measure power gains. As we get more info we will be posting updates. We are glad to see the interest for the product is there and appreciate the support of the community!

Janoy Fuentes
ISS Forged
1. I don't see how you wouldn't detect a drop in mpg with the AC operating, even with our powerful 5.0 liter. This is not believable. Your testing methods may be flawed.
2. 23 mpg highway is just an average of 19 and 27, the official ratings for highway MPG. You can get closer to 27mpg if you're driving at ~60 mph on a flat road with no variations in engine RPMs. Some people have claimed more on a stock F. Your claim of 28mpg@70mph is not too far off, but that's still hard to believe. My first statement explains my skepticism.

Just because the car's computer is displaying a particular MPG, it doesn't mean that it's correct. And, for those getting really high MPG on a road trip doesn't really mean anything. A lot of environmental factors can affect fuel efficiency such as drag and road incline. If you're driving in one direction and getting spectacular MPG, it could mean that you were driving on a very slight decline or had a strong tailwind. Those two factors can catapult your fuel efficiency. To get an accurate reading, you'd have to do a roundtrip on the same exact road with similar traffic and weather conditions AND accurately measure how much fuel was used. Having the car's computer calculate it is not good enough. I'm just sayin'....

Last edited by Cleo; 01-13-12 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-12-12, 10:12 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

dont care if the ram air increases mpg, still buying it as long as it increases air flow into the engine.
Old 01-13-12, 02:17 AM
wsMB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ what he said
Old 01-13-12, 04:43 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fitment Factory
Ok guys this picture is just from the first set of test we have been running. This was a 10 mile run with the AC on at 60MPH on the high way with the cruise control on. The car is stock and really the car would go from 30.x to 29.xMPG. We also did test at 70MPH = 28.x MPG and at 80 MPH it was 27.x. Also we ran the test with the AC on and off and there is no MPG change.

For those that have seen 34MPG in 10 mile stretches of road on a stock car please post the pictures. If your going down hill it doesn't count... LMAO.... I have been driving my F for over a year and have never seen that kinda MPG. Toyota claims to 23 MPG highway. We are producing a new product and this is a change we noticed and shared. We also noticed that the car goes from 50 to 120 with a lot stronger pull. We have been looking for a dyno that has a fan that can product the kind of wind speeds needed to accurately measure power gains. As we get more info we will be posting updates. We are glad to see the interest for the product is there and appreciate the support of the community!

Janoy Fuentes
ISS Forged
A large shop style air compressor with an air blow nozzle will surly suffice Just remember more = more fuel...
Old 01-13-12, 05:55 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cleo
1. I don't see how you wouldn't detect a drop in mpg with the AC operating, even with our powerful 5.0 liter. This is not believable. Your testing methods may be flawed.
2. 23 mpg highway is just an average of 19 and 27, the official ratings for highway MPG. You can get closer to 27mpg if you're driving at ~60 mph on a flat road with no variations in engine RPMs. Some people have claimed more on a stock F. Your claim of 28mpg@70mph is not too far off, but that's still hard to believe. My first statement explains my skepticism.

Just because the car's computer is displaying a particular MPG, it doesn't mean that it's correct. And, for those getting really high MPG on a road trip doesn't really mean anything. A lot of environmental factors can affect fuel efficiency such as drag and road incline. If you're driving in one direction and getting spectacular MPG, it could mean that you were driving on a very slight decline or had a strong tailwind. Those two factors can catapult your fuel efficiency. To get an accurate reading, you'd have to do a roundtrip on the same exact road with similar traffic and weather conditions AND accurately measure how much fuel was used. Having the car's computer calculate it is not good enough. I'm just sayin'....
We were thinking of doing the MPG test in a controlled environment on a Mustang dyno. A road trip also has to many variables that will produce numbers that cant be duplicated. We have found a facility in FL that has the proper equipment to do the MPG test i.e. temperature controlled warehouse / mustang dyno / a fan that produces wind speeds that allow this simulation to be accurate. If anyone is asking why a mustang dyno, well the mustang dyno has a cool feature that allows the user to create load based on wind condition. This is key to properly run this kind of test.

Thanks for the info Cleo.

Janoy

Last edited by Fitment Factory; 01-13-12 at 06:45 AM.
Old 01-13-12, 06:03 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
A teaser is an interest gathering tool. It's what the vendor forum is for. The main forum is not for selling things, promoting things, or otherwise generating business. If you read the rules, it should be pretty clear why the thread was moved. We left the exhaust thread alone, but are unable to continue making exceptions.

Browse the vendor forum more often, there's actually quite a bit of interesting stuff there, and I know our vendors appreciate it. It's why they're willing to pay and keep Club Lexus free for the rest of the membership!

lobuxracer I know you guys are trying as hard as you can to keep the forum spam free and I am confident that you will find a balance that allows vendors to post new product information to forum members outside of the vendor section.

Janoy
Old 01-13-12, 07:02 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadog99
These are not official statements. A work in progress is just that a work in progress. The company is just letting us know what they are working on. I would rather see this, than them doing all of the work behind closed doors, then releases something that may or may not work. They are getting feedback from the community.
I hate teasers
i would rather see a finish product rather then hype
we can't even get any info on it
I would rather it be out and purchased during the excitement rather then a wait and a see

Quick Reply: RMI Scoops from ISS Forged MPG Increase.