Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

PPE HEADERS for SC, LS and GS new design GB!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-12, 11:44 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by clos430
I don't think so, actually these headers will run cooler than the stock manifolds due to the coating their made of.
I'm wondering how close is that steering shaft to the header ?

dude that ish is really close. its literally on the shaft.
Old 11-19-12, 01:17 PM
GS Trilogy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's really close to the steering shaft. All this time I thought PPE would had at least one GS to test before they finalized the final set of headers. Hopefully with the removal of the heat shield my 01 gs430 will be fine. Neegroy, when u have time plz post some pics so I know what to expect. Thanks
Old 11-19-12, 01:37 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

I unboxed my headers today and I couldn't find a dimple thats supposedly there for the steering shaft its on the divert side header right? also I'm missing a 10mm bolt listed in the packing list. Did I get sent the wrong headers? Its for a 430
Old 11-19-12, 03:02 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by GS Trilogy
That's really close to the steering shaft. All this time I thought PPE would had at least one GS to test before they finalized the final set of headers. Hopefully with the removal of the heat shield my 01 gs430 will be fine. Neegroy, when u have time plz post some pics so I know what to expect. Thanks
We have had multiple GS430s in here as well as SC430s (both headers are the same). The heatshield has always come off during install since the latest update last year. We added the dimple for additional clearance. We sold 10 of these models this year before this GB and they installed OK. There is clearance when the little heatshield is removed from the knuckle. You don't have to worry about removing it, it will not cause any issues.
Old 11-19-12, 03:03 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Originally Posted by AVSRacing
I unboxed my headers today and I couldn't find a dimple thats supposedly there for the steering shaft its on the divert side header right? also I'm missing a 10mm bolt listed in the packing list. Did I get sent the wrong headers? Its for a 430
Please email me a picture of your headers and your address and I will get the missing bolt to you asap. Sales@ppeengineering.com
Old 11-19-12, 03:07 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Originally Posted by neegroy
Yes i am aware of that now, but the only thing is im worried that if i remove the shield, the shaft itself might seize. and from the looks of the amount of 'play" (or scratch marks on the headers) it needs alot for it completely clear. vertically i believe i need at least 2-3 inches.
There will be no adverse effects from removing it. It will not seize. The shield is much larger than the actual knuckle so removing it gives a good amount of room.
Old 11-19-12, 06:12 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

here is a picture of the drivers side header.

also is the exhaust tubes supposed to be different length between left and right sides? Cuz the first tube or the longest tube on the driver side is longer than the passenger side so it sticks out more compared to the passenger side, is this normal? since in your pics the exhaust tube lengths seem to be equal on both sides.
Old 11-19-12, 06:58 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Originally Posted by AVSRacing
here is a picture of the drivers side header.

also is the exhaust tubes supposed to be different length between left and right sides? Cuz the first tube or the longest tube on the driver side is longer than the passenger side so it sticks out more compared to the passenger side, is this normal? since in your pics the exhaust tube lengths seem to be equal on both sides.
Yes, the tubes are different lengths. There was no room to do an equal length design and keep stock at placement. The left and right designs are different and one is longer than the other since the banks of the motor are shifted with #1 being the furthest forward.

Also, I sent you a PM.
Old 11-19-12, 07:52 PM
GS Trilogy
Driver

Default Headers clarification

PPE, thank you very much for the quick response and for the clarification. I'm planning to install mine next week and will follow your advice and remove the heat shield.

QUOTE=PPEHeaders;7607034]We have had multiple GS430s in here as well as SC430s (both headers are the same). The heatshield has always come off during install since the latest update last year. We added the dimple for additional clearance. We sold 10 of these models this year before this GB and they installed OK. There is clearance when the little heatshield is removed from the knuckle. You don't have to worry about removing it, it will not cause any issues.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-20-12, 06:47 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Thanks for the questions guys, if there are any other concerns please post them up.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 11-20-12, 07:19 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do all the above comments for the GS also apply to the SC430?
Old 11-21-12, 06:18 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks FIGS & PPE!
Old 11-21-12, 02:07 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Sorry, I've been away from this thread. I received two passenger side headers. PPE sent me a cross shipping label to send one of the passenger side headers to Sean French. I'm assuming Sean has a shipping label to send me the driver's side so this gets resolved. Sean, PM me when you get a chance.

Mike (FIGS) and Paul (PPE)...thanks for working to get this resolved quickly.

joe
Old 11-21-12, 06:14 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by GS wanted
Sorry, I've been away from this thread. I received two passenger side headers. PPE sent me a cross shipping label to send one of the passenger side headers to Sean French. I'm assuming Sean has a shipping label to send me the driver's side so this gets resolved. Sean, PM me when you get a chance.

Mike (FIGS) and Paul (PPE)...thanks for working to get this resolved quickly.

joe
Yes very sorry this happened. This is one problem with a 2-P assembly and sometimes relying on the coater to ship things out when the timeline is already late. Hopefully we get them to their rightful home soon enough.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 11-21-12, 06:41 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FIGS
Yes very sorry this happened. This is one problem with a 2-P assembly and sometimes relying on the coater to ship things out when the timeline is already late. Hopefully we get them to their rightful home soon enough.
I sent Sean his out earlier today. Trying to find out if he's been able to ship mine to me. No word yet.

Quick Reply: PPE HEADERS for SC, LS and GS new design GB!