Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

4LS Exhaust Vents!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-16, 05:16 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

It will not affect smog. No need to take them off. I don't believe inspection staff will even think a second about it. I got crushed at work on Friday. And now I'm at a bmx track with my son that has no signal. I'm at dinner now, so I have a signal.

The naysayers can say what they want. This does a good job of making a good sound and directing exhaust away from the car.

Last edited by Oliver Enterprises; 07-23-16 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-26-16, 12:27 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Tuesday Topper
Old 07-26-16, 01:45 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
It will not affect smog. No need to take them off. I don't believe inspection staff will even think a second about it. I got crushed at work on Friday. And now I'm at a bmx track with my son that has no signal. I'm at dinner now, so I have a signal.

The naysayers can say what they want. This does a good job of making a good sound and directing exhaust away from the car.
There is no naysay about it. It definitely gives it that low end growl while keeping the top end reigned in (Unlike my J-Pipes, which are just plain deafening at WOT)

Is it possible to get an experiment video with dual or even triple stacked vents to see how much more the sound can change?
Old 07-26-16, 01:49 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Can do / will do. But since about Thursday, I've been crushed with work and then out of town. I had a job interview yesterday. Looks like a very interesting opportunity. Maybe it will work out. I have to do something about my poor work / life balance.

I have some BMX wrenching to do tonight, so I won't get to it tonight.
Old 07-26-16, 01:52 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Can do / will do. But since about Thursday, I've been crushed with work and then out of town. I had a job interview yesterday. Looks like a very interesting opportunity. Maybe it will work out. I have to do something about my poor work / life balance.

I have some BMX wrenching to do tonight, so I won't get to it tonight.
No worries, good things come with patience.
Old 07-28-16, 07:58 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Thursday Topper:

Turned wrenches on the bmx bike until dark last night. But it's got new gearing now, and is all cleaned up and ready for tonight's race.

Friday, I'm going to double stack, and maybe triple stack the plates, just to see what happens. That is, unless The Gift assigns me other duties, but for now it looks all clear.

Old 07-29-16, 02:50 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

I have something to do tonight, but will try to get to it even in the dark. FRIDAY FRIDAY!
Old 07-30-16, 08:07 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by litesoarer
No worries, good things come with patience.
litesoarer - I want to thank you for pushing me to do this. I got it done this morning. Between repairing the lift gate handle on my bed cap this morning and preparing for 2 BMX races today (for my son), I managed to stack vents in there. I stacked 3 per flange.

IT SOUNDS AWESOME! Thanks for pushing me to do that! However, it is on the verge of not being LS appropriate. I'm sure there are plenty of LS purists who want their LS stone quiet, like it came from the factory, and they would not likely care for this. But I LOVE it!

I took it for a short drive, and it's amazing how it sounds. It's louder than the 1 vent per flange, but it's not twice as loud. I'm being honest when I say, it's louder where you want it to be louder. I haven't driven it on the interstate to confirm drone, but I'm 90% it's good there too. When I came home and parked in the garage, my 11 y.o. bmx son was hanging around, getting ready for his races, and I gave it a little rev. He's a motor head like me, and he said, "that sounded AWESOME." He made some other comments something like it's cool that you can make it sound like a supercar (now ... granted, he's has very limited time around supercars).

In my opinion, I would NOT want it loud on the interstate because the continuous nature of that sound would get on your nerves. But where it sounds great is: Crank up, accelerating from a stop, free-revving, around town speeds, when you're slowing to a stop you can start hearing it at maybe 40 mph and while slowing (and that actually sounds nice). But yet, it is still NOT so loud inside that your wife, or a super model would make any comment about it being loud. I'll do a video again if need be, that is very time consuming, but I'm willing. Just say the word.

Lastly, the metal vents ... that's where my cost is. I PROPOSE to sell these with enough vents that a person could CHOOSE how to run it on their own LS. 1 vent per, 2 vents per, or all 3 vents per. But because that's where my cost is, I would have to increase the cost. But I believe I could hold the cost to $150 ($30 increase).

But for you litesoarer, I'll keep the original cost as a gesture of gratitude for pushing me to do this.

And, I'm going to PM my customers. Due to their patronage, I'm going to upgrade them for free if they so choose.

Thanks litesoarer, and ClubLexus community!
Old 08-05-16, 01:30 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for hooking it up Jason! A little extra umph! would fill my cup of tea.
Old 08-05-16, 06:10 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

I'm thinking about doing this. .I wish I was in town when the pilot was going on. Interesting about the added flanges experiment
Old 08-06-16, 05:33 PM
Coleycole
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Will this work for my '08 GS460?
Old 08-06-16, 05:55 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Coleycole
Will this work for my '08 GS460?
CJITTY, I'll see you tomorrow bright and early.

Coleycole - I believe it will, from what i can tell it's the same setup as the IS. I made it work on a friends IS and he was happy with it. But i am not satisfied with what we did, so I'm going to redsign it. Problem is, at work, we just had our 5th round of lay-ups. I survived. But i have to do a whole nother guy's job. So I'm having to work like 2 shifts. I doubt I will even get an atta boy ... just laid-up too if something doesn't change.

Point is, I have less time than ever before. But I'll get to it one way or another.

Jason
Old 08-08-16, 06:37 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

litesoarer - I want to thank you for pushing me to do this. I got it done this morning. Between repairing the lift gate handle on my bed cap this morning and preparing for 2 BMX races today (for my son), I managed to stack vents in there. I stacked 3 per flange.

IT SOUNDS AWESOME! Thanks for pushing me to do that! However, it is on the verge of not being LS appropriate. I'm sure there are plenty of LS purists who want their LS stone quiet, like it came from the factory, and they would not likely care for this. But I LOVE it!

I took it for a short drive, and it's amazing how it sounds. It's louder than the 1 vent per flange, but it's not twice as loud. I'm being honest when I say, it's louder where you want it to be louder. I haven't driven it on the interstate to confirm drone, but I'm 90% it's good there too. When I came home and parked in the garage, my 11 y.o. bmx son was hanging around, getting ready for his races, and I gave it a little rev. He's a motor head like me, and he said, "that sounded AWESOME." He made some other comments something like it's cool that you can make it sound like a supercar (now ... granted, he's has very limited time around supercars).

In my opinion, I would NOT want it loud on the interstate because the continuous nature of that sound would get on your nerves. But where it sounds great is: Crank up, accelerating from a stop, free-revving, around town speeds, when you're slowing to a stop you can start hearing it at maybe 40 mph and while slowing (and that actually sounds nice). But yet, it is still NOT so loud inside that your wife, or a super model would make any comment about it being loud. I'll do a video again if need be, that is very time consuming, but I'm willing. Just say the word.

Lastly, the metal vents ... that's where my cost is. I PROPOSE to sell these with enough vents that a person could CHOOSE how to run it on their own LS. 1 vent per, 2 vents per, or all 3 vents per. But because that's where my cost is, I would have to increase the cost. But I believe I could hold the cost to $150 ($30 increase).

But for you litesoarer, I'll keep the original cost as a gesture of gratitude for pushing me to do this.

And, I'm going to PM my customers. Due to their patronage, I'm going to upgrade them for free if they so choose.

Thanks litesoarer, and ClubLexus community!
I'm glad to hear the results were successful! When you do get a chance, do post up a comparison video between 1x and 3x.

I'll likely be going back to stock muffler after vacation (3-4wks) so this should give enough time to offset any delays in production.
Old 08-22-16, 03:56 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

I haven't bumped this in a while, so here goes!
Old 08-27-16, 04:19 PM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

Last week end of August BUMP

Quick Reply: 4LS Exhaust Vents!