Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** Aristo Electric Sun Shade **

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-03, 03:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by GS400kid
LOL
yea, after i spent couple mins just for staring at my rear windshield at the parking lot...i feel soooooo dumb
i felt so too. but after some experience and guidence, i don't think taking the car apart is a big issue for me now
Old 11-04-03, 02:11 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Lexus models can this shade be used on? I have a 93 GS and I would be interested if it fits this car.

Last edited by LB Lex; 12-07-03 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-13-03, 09:48 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 93LexoGS300
What Lexus models can this shade be used on? I have a 93 GS and I would be interested if it fits this car.
Bump.

So no one knows if it fits the 1st gen GS or if there is a sunshade that fits this car?
Old 12-06-03, 12:36 PM
Lexobenz
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ..Was it installed Yet??

I'm considering picking up one of these (sunshade) too, but I'm really curious to see how in-depth (I saw the instruction pics) the install turned out to be, d-i-y or professional..? So is it in?? and Please post pics
Old 12-06-03, 06:12 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts
Default Re: ..Was it installed Yet??

Originally posted by Lexobenz
I'm considering picking up one of these (sunshade) too, but I'm really curious to see how in-depth (I saw the instruction pics) the install turned out to be, d-i-y or professional..? So is it in?? and Please post pics
Fabric has been ordered for the rear deck cover, just waiting for it to get here (getting the third brake light removed / rear deck recovered and dynomatted at the same time). This stuff never moves fast when you want it to.
Old 12-07-03, 06:31 AM
Lexobenz
Pit Crew

Question

Dave, the removal of the 3rd brake light is not mandatory.. Is it?? .. and what's up with the re-covering of the rear deck? is that becuz of removin' the 3rd brake light? .. I think I'm missing something?? ... are you doing some audio work too or something? .. Thanks!
Old 12-07-03, 05:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Lexobenz
Dave, the removal of the 3rd brake light is not mandatory.. Is it?? .. and what's up with the re-covering of the rear deck? is that becuz of removin' the 3rd brake light? .. I think I'm missing something?? ... are you doing some audio work too or something? .. Thanks!
No, I don't think its mandatory but I'll try to look when we line it up before I yank the third brake light.

Yes, I'm recovering the rear deck for two reasons - 1) I'm removing the useless third brake light which has always bothered me since I put my spoiler on and 2) having some audio work done (new amp, rear deck dynamatted)
Old 12-07-03, 05:34 PM
Lexobenz
Pit Crew

Gotcha' .... Can't wait for pics
Old 01-20-04, 06:25 AM
lcc014
Driver

Dave,

Have you installed the shade yet ?? If you had, when can we see some photos regarding to the installation and the final product in your car ??

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old 02-02-04, 03:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I had an appointment two weekends ago to get my stereo stuff done and the shade installed. The stereo installer took a look at the instructions (all in Japanese) and how much other work he had to do with rebuilding my back deck, new amp install, third brakelight removal, soundproofing, and alarm install.... and decided that he didn't want to risk it.

I have an appointment this upcoming Friday with Lexus where a master tech is going to install it... more to follow!

Sorry for the extended delay on this guys.

===============================================
Arg! The lead master tech was sick today and my (trusted) service advisor didn't have another tech come available he thought would be capable of doing the install. Wants to make sure he has the best guy on it.

Rescheduling for next Tuesday.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-06-04 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-17-04, 11:33 PM
lv2000
Lead Lap

any word yet i really want one !
Old 10-01-04, 07:19 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

LOL, I am still interested to see how the end result came out.
Old 10-01-04, 10:11 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn

i thought i was the Ancient thread Bumper

LOL

but i would like to see pics also
Old 10-01-04, 10:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

The top Lexus Master tech at Hendrick Lexus tore my car apart trying to put this thing in for an entire day. None of the plugs lined up from the Aristo to the GS on either side of the car. They advised I not put it in in the end because of the extensive tapping /cutting that would be required.

I've since passed this along to another member more technically competent to me (and more willing to splice, lol) - I'll see if he has any update
Old 10-02-04, 09:52 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DaveGS4
The top Lexus Master tech at Hendrick Lexus tore my car apart trying to put this thing in for an entire day. None of the plugs lined up from the Aristo to the GS on either side of the car. They advised I not put it in in the end because of the extensive tapping /cutting that would be required.

I've since passed this along to another member more technically competent to me (and more willing to splice, lol) - I'll see if he has any update
Sorry to hear that Dave.
So............who has it now...............we won't tell

Quick Reply: ** Aristo Electric Sun Shade **