CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Hybrid brake system!! Please read. Time to make a difference!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-23, 08:13 PM
Awells1980
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hybrid brake system!! Please read. Time to make a difference!

PLEASE FILE WITH ME. WE CAN DO THIS.

Dash lights. Car running.

After scanning vehicle.

Their response.

Hello everyone. I have seen the same question asked over and over again and I wanted to clarify the issue. When all 4 of those brake lights come on down on your cluster and your brakes suddenly feel different, you are also hearing the abs actuator buzzing more and more (mine does every 5 seconds) It is because the actuator motor turns on in the attempt to build air pressure in the braking system making its way through the accumulator, which is part of the “master cylinder “ or “brake booster”. As many may already know. Scan the vehicle and find “C1391 - Leak in accumulator”. I have many documents attached to prove this and Toyota even did an extended warranty on the 2012 Prius V model, being that they share the same part number as the CT200h. Anyway, I filed a complaint because this is a major SAFETY ISSUE. MAKE A DIFFERENCES WITH ME AND PLEASE FILE! This the root of how recalls come about in approvals. Here is the website

https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem

Here is what I wrote them last night for us all! A common problem with these Lexus ct200h, as well as Toyota Prius V models, are that the brake accumulators begin to leak internally, as they share the same part numbers. Therefore, the actuator will buzz every few seconds trying to keep pressure in the braking system to a safe operating level of gas pressure to no avail due to this leak in the actuator. After it quits buzzing from shutting the car off, you can hear the air leak hissing the pressure away. There are tons and tons of articles on this issue online as this is a major safety concern. Many have had Toyota replace the part free of charge as well due to the extended 10 year, or 150k miles, in whichever comes first. warranty. This may be perhaps because there are several more prius on the road than this rare Lexus 200h Just look up “c1391 danger” and see what comes up. I’m not trying to get ****ty, but in my opinion, as well as many, it is pathetic that an issue in which endangers the lives of others due this brake failure is not further addressed. There is Not much stopping distances when and after this suddenly occurs. In the process, the abs, traction control, brake, a yellow exclamation mark, lights suddenly all come on the dash at once and the brake feels like a sponge very suddenly, as it did me with my 4 year old daughter in the car seat. There are no external brake fluid leaks involved. for this actuator. Toyota covers it under extended warranty, although it appears as though Lexus does not(?), this is a major safety hazard and concern for a heavy amount on several different websites. The trouble code is.: C1391. If I can find the article, it happened to a lady after loosing control and crashed because of this, so she went to Lexus and drives something else now. Also, I went to The Lexus of Louisville today and he said “nope” no recalls, after looking my vin #up. It would rather be an extended warranty, first of all I’d think. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

My post on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/CT200h/s/ns1BLfCbqC
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0576.mov (16.13 MB, 30 views)

Last edited by Awells1980; 12-14-23 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Video added
Old 03-19-24, 11:49 PM
Scsyndrome
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Damn.

Not a single response. I wanted to update you all to say I have replaced the accumulator as well as the actuator and the battery is much better now. I recalibrated everything with my Techstream. Good luck to you all
Old 06-05-24, 07:46 PM
Kdfwagen
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

this is my nightmare after buying a 2013 cr200h with 160k miles. Where did you buy it?