CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Anyone good with Lexus part numbers and the last two digits for paint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-24, 07:08 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow Anyone good with Lexus part numbers and the last two digits for paint?

Long story short I'm trying to get power folding EU mirrors for my CT. I have already ordered some test JDM power folding mirrors that I hope to get in the next couple weeks which are just random colors. I wanted to just see if I can make them work with the car or if it's even possible on the USDM vehicle. IF I can, then I want to order the proper LHD painted bases/actuators...

Problem is I see a couple different paint codes that still say they are the same color. On my RCF when I did the retrofit of power folding mirrors the last number of the part number was A0 which is Ultra white.

When I bought OEM mirror caps for my CT they have an ending number of A1. Also, ultra white. (Both the RCF/CT are ultra white)

My question is for whoever might be more versed in part number or can look stuff up. What is the significance of the A0 vs A1?

I'm looking at this diagram here below: And you can see I highlighted 4 items that have the A0/A1 which would indicate they are both Ultra white... or are they?

Stuff like this gets confusing fast for some reason. I searched other threads and couldn't find anything, so figured I'd ask.

EDIT: I am going through as many emails as I have with parts I've order that have been OEM body color. When I did the rear 2018+ taillight conversion on the CT, it requires a new hatch garnish due to the taillight design change. I see that the part number I used was 7680176040A0. This is ending in A0. So now I believe A0 SHOULD be the one to go for, but still confused and curious on the A1 information.

Thanks,
-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 06-11-24 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-12-24, 05:46 AM
Clutchless
Forum Moderator

Received 1,209 Likes on 1,034 Posts

How do you plan to wire them and control them? Are you installing a switch on the door or dash? Or did you find the wiring was already in the vehicle?

Regarding the colors, you may just have to wing it and then paint them yourself. Consulting with a local body shop may provide your answers.
Old 06-12-24, 06:19 AM
nigel821
Racer

So I have two jdm mirrors coming. I also have both types of switches coming.

It's really just the right mirror switch on this. i didn't feel like buying the entire plate/dimmer and found the switch on yahoo auctions for like $8 bucks... The LHD/RHD are the same just the placement of the mirror switch is either on the left or right of the dimmer.
I feel like this is the switch that I need.

At the same time I also bought this style even though I'm almost 100% positive this won't work because there is no connector in the car that fits this. But figured this was also $8 bucks and why not try it anyways... Pretty sure this is for memory seats/mirrors, which I don't have. This switch also goes through the door modules/system module. I think the first style switch doesn't... BUT, I don't know for sure.

First test is just going to be plugging everything in. Plug the mirrors into the doors and plug the mirror switch up and push the button. Will it work? Who knows. If it works, excellent! Then I just have to buy the LHD Euro power folding mirror actuators which I think are around $250-300 each which isn't bad. If it does not work, I am going to try and use a relay/12v source and see if they fold in, If they do then it's just tapping off a 12v source in the car and running two extra wires to the driver side mirror/passenger mirror. Not a big deal at all.

I DO know that all power folding mirror wiring harness I've see have 11 wires.

USA non power folding mirror switches/harness is only 9 wires... Does this matter? No clue yet. I suspect we need 11 wires in the harness so this will be interesting to see/test.

The USD non power folding mirrors are 7 wires. Whereas the power folding ones I've see are 9.

No one has ever done a retro fit and it's time someone figured this out..lol I'm in maybe $170 for the mirrors and switches. I've got other stuff coming from japan so I'm tacking this on that order and not counting shipping. I've already chucked it up to a total loss if nothing works and will just throw it out. But I've wanted power folding mirrors on the CT. I did it to my RCF and to my knowledge the only RCF in the states with power folding mirrors. It's worth whatever it costs to me. The fact that all other countries got power folding mirrors and we didn't is annoying. Lexus really has their heads up their butt the majority of the time.

I'm pretty sure I have the color code of A0 which is what my rear hatch garnish that I changed when I did the 2018+ OEM taillight mod, and also on my RCF mirrors that I looked at on the box the last two digits are A0 which is Ultra white. I'm just trying to figure out which is the actual EU mirror base since the JDM ones won't bolt up to our cars properly. But for now I'm just wanting to test everything. IF the mirrors don't go through any control modules to open/close then it should be straight forward to figure out the wiring. IF they go through body control/door modules then it's probably not gonna be a easy/doable install. On my RCF I was happy to see everything was already there, door modules/wiring...etc. I simply needed a new door control switch panel and the correct mirrors with the two extra wires to make them fold. But with the CT I feel like we did get a stripped down version compared to the rest of the world and the fact that all the wiring probably isn't there already is going to play into it.

-Nigel
Old 06-12-24, 06:13 PM
TobiasSing
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I don't know anything about the paint question, other than to try and match it to the paint code on the door jam, but I'm going to also say that it's the first switch that works. I did this project on my previous car, the 2002 IS300. The switch needed for that car looked and acted identically to the first one pictured here. None of the wiring was in place, so it was definitely a pain and almost a nightmare for me to figure out how to make it work. I did have to run new wires throughout the car, and I had to Frankenstein the mirrors themselves to convert from RHD to LHD. I did a write up with pictures on the IS300 on a different forum, but good luck figuring it out. But I imagine you'll have to do something almost identical to what I did. I would love to do this mod on my CT, since I fold in the mirrors manually every time I park in the garage (and then have to manually unfold them). So I'm interested in how this project goes, and if needed, I can share some more about what I went through on my previous car if it helps when you get to that point.
The following users liked this post:
nigel821 (06-13-24)
Old 06-13-24, 03:06 AM
nigel821
Racer

Appreciate it! Yep that's what I am figuring with the CT. If we had ANY other model than what we have that the rest of world got we would more than likely have 11 wires in the harness and we only have 9 which is annoying. How did you get the OEM switch to work. I have read that it's opposite polarity. The older ones I can see being a link. The newer ones since everything goes through a canbus makes me wonder if all the switch is doing is sending a canbus signal and then the car is doing the rest... but i DO know, if we had memory seats and tilting mirrors we'd need the 2nd oem switch. The first one is with no options pretty much.

All we need to do is have LHD mirror bases. I sent the above part numbers to someone that helped me with my RCF power folding mirrors and their contact could not tell if any of those actuators that are highlighted were power folding or not... Do we know anyone out there that can search or find out those part numbers or what the EU LHD mirrors would be?

This is the only part that is annoying. Wiring isn't going to be hard to me. We've done it in the Subie world for power folding mirrors. Ideally, I don't want to take RHD bases and mod them to either fit or take the stuff out and put it in the LHD bases since they won't line up/fit. It's really coming down to finding the LHD lower actuators.

It's annoying that Lexus makes things so difficult and even more asinine that ANY model Lexus doesn't by default have power folding mirrors as standard equipment.

-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 06-13-24 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-13-24, 01:32 PM
nigel821
Racer

UPDATE!:

Fantastic news so far. Lex Giorgio made this thread:
3IS: DIY Power Folding Mirrors - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

This is exactly what I am going to do with the CT! And I believe 100% it should work.
In a nutshell. But the JDM power folding mirrors. We are going to completely take them apart and we will ONLY use the jdm actuator motors, so it doesn't matter what color housings/mirrors you get. Take our mirrors apart and then we bolt on the JDM motor and then put the thing back together. His how-to shows that he actually broke the two motor wires away from the main harness which I love that way you can have a separate switch to activate the mirrors folding in and out. He has a picture of the wiring diagram and illustration. Apparently, the OEM mirror switch is reverse polarity, so it won't work... BUT shopping for OEM like switches you can easily find dash buttons for Toyota/Lexus that would go right in the dash of our cars and look oem.

I think that's good actually now that I look at it. With the OEM switch you'd need the entire little panel that clips in, and the LHD ones are hard to find, but the JDM ones are plentiful. The JDM version puts the dimmer on the outside and the mirror button in the inside if the car is LHD. With how ours is, we won't even touch the OEM mirror control switch and with an aftermarket dash button we'll fill in a blank spot since we have so many of them...lol I actually went on yahoo Japan auctions and bought a bunch of CT dash buttons just to fill the blank spots because it drives me nuts.

So far I have purchased the following:
- A pair of JDM power folding mirrors.
- One extra passenger JDM power folding mirror (This is going to be my test mule so if I break something taking stuff apart, depinning, etc, I have the main set to correct and not damage)
- A pair of USDM non folding mirrors bought on eBay (This is so that I can do all the disassembly and wiring /mounting on the car without having to worry if I need to drive the car, i'm not stuck because I did it to my good mirrors).
- One JDM CT mirror switch (More than likely won't need, but didn't know this two weeks ago)
- One JDM updated CT mirror switch with the Auto button in the middle (Fairly certain this wasn't going to work at all, but figured buy it just in case, and I'd rather have it than find out it was needed then wait longer or pay more for a single item from Japan)
- One right side dash piece with included the normal JDM power folding window switch WITH attached cut harness. (I figured that I might be able to use the 11-pin harness compared to our 9-pin, but again, after seeing and finding out information, it probably won't be used/needed)

I'll update and make a new thread but so far, I have a much better feeling about this. I thought I had the correct part numbers above but then having a friend check and having someone that has access to Lexus part numbers, they could not be certain if any of those were actually power folding actuators.... So, it could have been a $600 mistake easily. But since we can now just unbolt the motor from the JDM bases our mirrors won't get all weird with angles that are off... We are simply using the motor and all of the internal parts of the mirror/exterior housing parts. This is actually good because I put PPF on my mirrors and base, so I don't have to buy that again!

This is a very similar process actually when I retrofitted power folding mirrors on my 2009 w211. I bought the actual motor actuators and then swapped everything over.

*Fingers crossed but this definitely could be a thing!

-Nigel
DaveGS4 (06-13-24)
Old 06-13-24, 06:13 PM
TobiasSing
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks like you're making good headway in finding out information that is probably more helpful than anything I could share, but here's my post about the IS300:

https://www.my.is/threads/tobys-02-i...4#post-7675474
nigel821 (06-14-24)
Old 06-14-24, 07:10 AM
nigel821
Racer

That's a great post! You have done a lot! I think this is honestly going to be easier to do on the CT than what you did with the IS to be honest. I'm excited. Now looking at our switch I feel like we COULD get it to work, It appears the newers style lexus door panel switches are via canbus but from this window switch that I linked above the 9 pin toyota version is physical in terms of the switch doing the folding wiring... SOoooo, we need to figure out in terms of what the pin out is on the 11 pin power folding mirror switch. The 9 pin I'm assuming is non power folding because it's lacking the two wires. Problem is I can ONLY find the 9 pin toyota switch that looks identical. If you find a 7 pin switch that apparently is non power folding and non illuminated...

Wondering if anyone can help find out a wiring diagram or just the pin out of the switch that we use in the CT... I'm very curious is the two missing wires on our harness are in fact just the two extra pins/wires that the 11 pin folding mirror switch would control, which would make complete sense to me...

-Nigel