Search this Thread

Old 06-15-24, 07:47 AM
Miccou
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear left window wont go down

Hello!
Anyone got next problem or any idea what to check:
Rear left window wont anymore go down on door switch.
Driver panel works normally, so you can roll rear window up and down and one touch even works.
Rear door switch will roll window up and you even able to stop rolling by pressing window down button, but window downrolling wont work from door.
Very mysterious problem.
I tried to disconnect door switch cable and connect back but that wont solve problem. Also car battery disconnect wont solve this.
Please help anyone?

-Mikko
Old 06-18-24, 07:11 AM
morganc
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

The switch, or switch module in the door could be defective. You might want to try seeing if you can plug the switch assembly from the other side of the car into the problem side to check if it works (not sure if they're plug-compatible, but easy enough to try)
Old 06-21-24, 03:59 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts

I'm pretty sure you have to normalize the system? I feel like I just ran into this when I disconnected the battery. Our Mercedes is the same way.

I couldn't roll any of the windows down other than from the driver panel.

Roll window all the way down making sure NOT to do the double click for the auto. Once it is rolled down and you still have your finger on the switch, push it in more so it clicks to the second position. Do the same thing with the window going UP. Once it's at the top pull the switch more to engage the second click.

Now go to the window control of that seat and it should work. I think I had to do this with all three windows.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
KKM (06-22-24)
Old 06-22-24, 11:09 AM
KKM
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Nigel - Noted, Good info in case I run into this issue in the future.
Old 06-24-24, 03:05 AM
Miccou
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nigel821
I'm pretty sure you have to normalize the system? I feel like I just ran into this when I disconnected the battery. Our Mercedes is the same way.

I couldn't roll any of the windows down other than from the driver panel.

Roll window all the way down making sure NOT to do the double click for the auto. Once it is rolled down and you still have your finger on the switch, push it in more so it clicks to the second position. Do the same thing with the window going UP. Once it's at the top pull the switch more to engage the second click.

Now go to the window control of that seat and it should work. I think I had to do this with all three windows.

-Nigel
This wasnt the case in 2014 lexus CT, other windows work after battery disconnect right away.
Dont know it older or newer CTs have need for initialization.

I also have 2006 Lexus GS 450h you have to initialize the windows separately, but looks like not in this car.
I also thought it will need but no.

I have to test that switch on other side window to check if its defective and also if there's some wire poor connection somewhere in door.
​​​​​​
​​​