CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-09, 07:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Diemellz
a little, im always welcome to new info if im wrong...only reason i ask is 80% of lexus is a;ways have something toyota
They are not re-badges outside of the older GX with the Toyota Prado. Some share platforms like the ES/RX with the Camry.

This is supposed to be based off a Toyota, not sure which one yet.
Old 09-07-09, 08:22 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mind18
As much as the average joe won't notice these things, really wish they did a better of job of trying not to share any design cues. You have the real lights of the Sequoia being exact replicas of the GS, the blue halo around the company badge for hybrid cars, tail lights that aren't flush against the body (works on the FJ but not really a fan of it elsewhere), etc.
I agree! They need to work to separate them more.
Old 09-07-09, 08:52 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
They are not re-badges outside of the older GX with the Toyota Prado. Some share platforms like the ES/RX with the Camry.

This is supposed to be based off a Toyota, not sure which one yet.
hopefully the toyubaru.... lol lol lol
Old 09-08-09, 11:12 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

The front end has some really interesting styling cues, and the rear does as well.

Lexus, please use some of the interesting styling cues on future Lexus models, and please use that grille on future hybrid models.

Not feeling the paint or the wheels, but thankfully those won't be in production.

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Boring, boring, boring. Looks like it could be a concept for ANY car manufacturer. Mazda, Toyota, Hyundai, etc. etc. It's a fine looking design, sure, but it doesn't have a modicum of uniqueness.
Really? Those tail lights look like a Mazda, Toyota, or Hyundai to you? Lexus pretty much pioneered those "crystal jewel" style tails with the RX, and to an extent with the 1st-gen IS. Since then, many automakers have copied this style. Give credit where credit is due. The rear end features some LF-A styling cues.

The front end looks nothing like any concept from other car makers. It has a lot of LF-A styling cues, as well as styling cues from other Lexus concepts.

If you were referring to the car's sides as "boring" ... I wonder what you think of Audi's designs then. The sides of the car are very clean, subtle, elegant in their simplicity. THAT is what makes it unique, in a market filled with gaudy, gimmicky, and overstyled cars.

That is also what makes Audi's designs stand out in today's market, but of course since it's a Lexus it MUST be criticized but as long as it's an Audi it's perfect .
Old 09-09-09, 09:10 AM
FinalBurst
Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
The front end looks nothing like any concept from other car makers. It has a lot of LF-A styling cues, as well as styling cues from other Lexus concepts.

If you were referring to the car's sides as "boring" ... I wonder what you think of Audi's designs then. The sides of the car are very clean, subtle, elegant in their simplicity. THAT is what makes it unique, in a market filled with gaudy, gimmicky, and overstyled cars.

That is also what makes Audi's designs stand out in today's market, but of course since it's a Lexus it MUST be criticized but as long as it's an Audi it's perfect .
I'm going to have to disagree a tiny bit. I think it's an attractive car, as I previously said, but I fail to see how it's not a bit gaudy. Sure it's a concept car, but even so, I wouldn't compare Lexus designs to Audi designs. Audi has a consistent and cohesive design. The majority of their cars are as you said are very clean, subtle, and elegant in their simplicity. Therefore, many people call them boring. But it's boring in a uniquely Audi way. Take the A3 for example, if we took off the Audi emblem, it's still clear that it's an Audi.

Lexus of old used to be the same way. The previous generation of all of Lexus vehicles were simple and elegant, and very clean. The tail-end of L-Finesse though, seem to be trying too hard to make a statement. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but I prefer my old Lexus designs. (Nonetheless, this is an attractive concept)
The tail-end of L-Finesse that we are seeing is the complete opposite.
Old 09-09-09, 11:03 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Only thing gaudy about it is the colour, although i think the front bumper could be toned down just a tad.
Old 09-09-09, 11:49 AM
LexFather

More pics inside, a few below

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/09/f...lf-ch-leak-out

Old 09-09-09, 12:01 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here's another link to a similar gallery:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/09...rid-hatch.html

Someone leaked the images a few days early:

Originally Posted by http://twitter.com/Lexus_Europe
Source of LF-Ch image leak identified - seems like they just couldn't wait for the 10th Sept....
about 21 hours ago from mobile web

Dealing with the image leak of Lexus LF-Ch. Its not one of our official shots
11:11 PM Sep 7th from mobile web
Old 09-09-09, 12:09 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Thumbs up

Wow, pictures are looking better and better. Love the interior!!! Haven't been this excited about lexus since the 2 GS (ok LS a little also)

If lexus waters this down, I'm going to give a big f-u (sorry for my french) to lexus
Old 09-09-09, 12:24 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

The rear looks kind of weird and empty without the license plate on the trunk lid.

Doesn't seem to have a lot of rear seat legroom either.

Other than that I like it. The full frontal shot is my favorite:

Last edited by Mister Two; 09-09-09 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-09-09, 12:28 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I actually like what I'm seeing. I think it would make a fine commuter/city car.
Old 09-09-09, 12:48 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FinalBurst
I'm going to have to disagree a tiny bit. I think it's an attractive car, as I previously said, but I fail to see how it's not a bit gaudy. Sure it's a concept car, but even so, I wouldn't compare Lexus designs to Audi designs. Audi has a consistent and cohesive design. The majority of their cars are as you said are very clean, subtle, and elegant in their simplicity. Therefore, many people call them boring. But it's boring in a uniquely Audi way. Take the A3 for example, if we took off the Audi emblem, it's still clear that it's an Audi.

Lexus of old used to be the same way. The previous generation of all of Lexus vehicles were simple and elegant, and very clean. The tail-end of L-Finesse though, seem to be trying too hard to make a statement. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but I prefer my old Lexus designs. (Nonetheless, this is an attractive concept)
The tail-end of L-Finesse that we are seeing is the complete opposite.
Wait wait, so you are comparing this Lexus concept to production Audi cars in terms of being gaudy? Really? Have you ever seen how gaudy Audi's concept cars are?

The weird paint and gaudy wheels on this Lexus concept won't make production, that is guaranteed.

Boring in a "uniquely Audi" way? This is just like Lexus cars are boring in a "uniquely Lexus" way.

The tail end of the L-Finesse designs are still very Lexus. Really, the only thing you could confuse some of the Lexus vehicles with are Toyota models. Not that surprising since Audis are sometimes confused for VWs and vice-versa.
Old 09-09-09, 12:52 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That is definitely looking really good. Interior styling looks close to production.
Old 09-09-09, 12:56 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I just hope the front bumper wont' be as nasty when the production model rolls in. It looks like some of the Civic hatchback with body kits around my area.
Old 09-09-09, 12:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GSteg
I just hope the front bumper wont' be as nasty when the production model rolls in. It looks like some of the Civic hatchback with body kits around my area.
Its very bold for a Lexus...surely the bumpers will be toned down....I find the design cohesive...clearly a drop and big wheels help but I was expecting to be let down by this but it seems very well done.

I love the Aggressive front end like an IS and the rear tails.

Quick Reply: New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut