CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 01:23 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to have to take back my previous statements. It's certainly not boring, but it's certainly not a step forward for Lexus design in any way whatsoever. It looks like an IS hatch, which is nice because the IS is the best looking car in the lineup, but it's also a three-year-old design. Basically everything from the C-pillar forward looks like IS with a body kit :/ Three years later, and we see a concept for a car that looks basically like a hatch version of the IS. I really wish we could see something new and fresh from Lexus. Again, it's a great looking car... but it's nothing new.
Old 09-09-09, 01:38 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008
I'm going to have to take back my previous statements. It's certainly not boring, but it's certainly not a step forward for Lexus design in any way whatsoever. It looks like an IS hatch, which is nice because the IS is the best looking car in the lineup, but it's also a three-year-old design. Basically everything from the C-pillar forward looks like IS with a body kit :/ Three years later, and we see a concept for a car that looks basically like a hatch version of the IS. I really wish we could see something new and fresh from Lexus. Again, it's a great looking car... but it's nothing new.
And that's only because it's the first hatch under the L-finesse design theme. Of course it looks like an IS hatch because the IS is an L-finesse'd car too. The L-finesse theme made its debut on the GS just 3 years ago. It isn't that old.

Expect something new when Lexus comes up with the next design theme after L-finesse.
Old 09-09-09, 01:53 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^
Exactly, L-finesse is continuing to unfold, after the initial IS/GS/LS introductions (phase 1), then the more subtle refresh/evolution of the RX/HS/etc (phase 2), and now the CT/LFA (phase 3). The first phase was the best, the second phase more tame, and now it seems with the CT, they are moving towards a more emotional style (that front end certainly has an expression!). I'm glad they haven't dropped L-finesse because it helps build a consistent brand identity.

The photos show an interesting design, I am most pleased to see more character from the rear angle, which is something that Lexus hasn't always put a lot of interest in. The side view is nice, I like the chrome on the aft window; the front end seems to scowl a bit much though, and the front bumper could be tamed a bit (but not the overall design). The interior seems a bit too CS-concept, but if they move it towards the HS style with the pop-up screen, but more 1IS racer, that would be great.

I hope they bring that panoramic roof to production, and for that matter bring more panoramic roofs to Lexus models besides the ES!
Old 09-09-09, 02:36 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True but it's not like the GS, LS, RX, etc etc looks exactly alike. The CTh has the exact same V hood lines/triangular-ish headlamps etc etc etc. Especially in dumbed-down production form i feel like this will look WAY closer to the IS than any of the other L-Finesse cars do to each other
Old 09-09-09, 03:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by knihc2008
True but it's not like the GS, LS, RX, etc etc looks exactly alike. The CTh has the exact same V hood lines/triangular-ish headlamps etc etc etc. Especially in dumbed-down production form i feel like this will look WAY closer to the IS than any of the other L-Finesse cars do to each other
HAtch design like SUV design is tough. It is more of a challenge to make your car look different and not look like everything else without making people puke.

It really is hard to do. I find "Seat" to have some of the best looking hatches and I found the last gen and current Focus RS hatch to be sensational.
Old 09-09-09, 03:35 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It really is hard to do. I find "SEAT" to have some of the best looking hatches...
Funny you should mention that. I'm a huge fan of the SEAT León:

and, when I saw the first blue rendering of the Lexus LF-Ch, I made this comment on a my.IS Front Page story I wrote: "And does that white "< " shape in the C-pillar behind the greenhouse simply denote some "L-Finesse" sculpturing or does it indicate a wraparound rear window reminiscent of the SEAT Toledo? (this author certainly hopes that it's the former...)." Yet, it turned out to be the latter. Here's the SEAT Toledo rear window:

Fortunately, Lexus' execution on the LF-Ch is far nicer than SEAT's in this case...
Old 09-09-09, 03:42 PM
LexFather

Me too!! Love the SEAT Leon!
Old 09-09-09, 03:43 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

After the release of the ISF and ISC, I have faith again in Lexus' production designs. Surely the production version of the CTh will not be just like this but it will be good, only thing I' worried about is the interior quality that is suffering as each car rolls out the factory.

Lexus really needs to put back quality materials into the interior.
Old 09-09-09, 03:45 PM
Mind18
Driver

Kind of wish it ended up like this. To me this mockup seems more elegant and forward thinking without trying to hard.

Old 09-09-09, 03:46 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Me too!! Love the SEAT Leon!
Also am a big fan of the Leon. I used to love their Leon Cupra model in Mexico.
Old 09-09-09, 03:50 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Mind18

Now THAT is a good looking car. Nothing too wild (for a Lexus) and everything seems to flow. The other pictures just makes the front end look riced/aggressive (sorry if that offends anyone) and the side doors look too plain. Not a good combination.
Old 09-09-09, 05:51 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Official LF-Ch pics from the Toyota Pressroom:
http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/l...spx?ncid=16052

Last edited by bitkahuna; 09-09-09 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-09-09, 06:08 PM
L&E
Driver

Default LF-Ch Concept Officially Revealed Ahead of Frankfurt Debut

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...urt-debut.html

After several teaser images, Lexus has finally released a full selection of exterior and interior images of the LF-Ch Concept, which will officially debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show in September 15th and head into production next year.

Set to compete in the premium compact segment against cars like the Volvo C30, BMW 1 Series and Audi A3, this new Lexus hatchback will be the only hybrid in the segment. Lexus isn’t saying anything about the hybrid system yet, however, and there’s no guarantee they will when the concept debuts in Frankfurt. Lexus has filed for patents on several new names, including CT200h, which seems to indicate the car will come with a hybrid powertrain similar to the one in the HS250h.

The entire design for the LF-Ch evokes Lexus’s L-Finesse design language. While the exterior is definitely sporty with oversized rims, an aggressive stance, LED headlights and plenty of jagged lines, the interior might just be more impressive. This is no Prius. Inside there are equally as many hard and sharp lines with a sporty steering wheel (featuring paddle shifters), as well as a DVD/Navigation system that pops out of the dash. There is even a version of Lexus’s Remote Touch feature, as seen on the RX450h.
Old 09-09-09, 06:20 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks funny to me.
Old 09-09-09, 06:23 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Repost

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...pg-6-a-11.html

Quick Reply: New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut