CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-10, 09:53 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It better come to Canada or I am boycotting Toyota-Lexus-Scion.
Old 02-12-10, 10:45 PM
LexFather

Possibly we don't get it initially but end up getting the CT300 or 400h.....

Not sure but it is a much needed move to help sales in Europe.
Old 02-12-10, 11:02 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JessePS
It better come to Canada or I am boycotting Toyota-Lexus-Scion.
I wonder if it will. Mercedes has the B-Class in Canada which does well.
Old 02-13-10, 08:56 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Lexus is not going after huge quantity in Europe. Just because they don't match the sales of the German brands in Europe does not mean they aren't successful.

The Lexus brand will continue to grow in Europe while still being somewhat unique to the Germans. The Lexus brand should also continue to grow in Japan, and Japan could soon provide for sizable Lexus sales.

I'm not sure what prices you're looking at exactly regarding the A6 3.0L V6 vs the GS450h.

The A6 3.0L V6 base price is 36K pounds in the UK, including VAT. The GS450h price including VAT is roughly 42K pounds. That's a difference of 6K pounds, not 10K.

As I mentioned earlier, Lexus does not want to compete head-to-head with the A6, E, or 5. Lexus wants to compete with them in a unique way by focusing on hybrids. Lexus will not go downmarket with the GS and put tiny engines in there. Lexus will continue to keep the GS as a premium midsize car in Europe. You'll never see the GS being used as a taxi like the E Class in Europe often is.

With the next generation Lexus is likely to add a GS-F. Having the GS line in Europe consist of only the GSh and GS-F would be quite unique.

To achieve more volume, Lexus is focusing on new models like the CT200h. Small cars are the biggest sellers for the German brands in Europe, which is why Lexus Europe will have more small cars to increase volume.

I guess you will simply have to agree to disagree in this case. The ES will not work in Europe period, but you seem to have your opinion decided already. The ES would only possibly work in some Eastern European countries, and that's it.

Saying the ES is the top-selling Lexus sedan globally is misleading; the sales of the ES almost entirely come from the US market. The ES is barely sold outside North America. Also you might be wrong facts-wise on this, as I believe worldwide the LS actually outsells the ES.

CT is hybrid-only; they will not make a gas-only version of it.
That's a fair response. I think we have different visions for Lexus's global strategy but thats fine
Old 02-15-10, 03:41 PM
LexFather

Hmmmm. So this should use the Prius drivetrain.....so a 45-50 MPG Lexus? Wow!
Old 02-15-10, 04:46 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thing is the HS should be getting that kind of mileage but its not lol
Old 02-15-10, 04:57 PM
LexFather

It makes 50 more hp.
Old 02-15-10, 08:02 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
does this come with dysfunctional braking system as well?
Old 02-15-10, 11:10 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Not with a 2.4L. The HS is faster than the Prius for that matter.
Old 02-15-10, 11:50 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

It would be really weird if it doesnt come to the US in one fashion or another, since Lexus was made for the United States. No other model (besides the IS220d, though we obviously get the IS) is sold in other countries and not sold here. Crazy!
Old 02-15-10, 11:59 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well with Lexus going more internationally focused, ES 240, IS 300 C, LS 600h etc, its possible that we are entering a phase where Lexus' lineup has grown such that not all models come to the US...
Old 02-16-10, 12:54 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by (Cj)
Lexus CT 200h Bound for Europe, But Not U.S.

Published Feb 12, 2010

DETROIT — The curious got a first glance at the Lexus CT 200h on Friday via a teaser shot of the car's cat's-eye taillight, ahead of the full hybrid compact's debut at the 2010 Geneva Auto Show in March. But U.S. consumers are unlikely to see this Lexus in their driveway anytime soon, Toyota told Inside Line.

"There are no plans, at present, to bring this vehicle to the U.S.," said Toyota spokesman Curt McAllister in response to an e-mail query from IL.

The hybrid is expected to go on sale in Europe, but Lexus has yet to spell out a timetable for launch of what it calls "a new gateway model" to Toyota's upscale brand.

Few details were released about the CT 200h, with Lexus only saying that it will be equipped with second-generation Lexus Hybrid Drive technology. The teaser image shows a vehicle that seems to put a premium on curves and high style, at least judging from the rear-end shot.

Inside Line says: This is one Lexus hybrid that Americans will have to admire from a distance. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent
There hasn't been any official statement from Toyota regarding the CT on availability anywhere other than it being unveiled in Geneva. The article even states "The hybrid is expected to go on sale in Europe, but Lexus has yet to spell out a timetable for launch of what it calls "a new gateway model".

I think this "rumor" isn't something to dwell on. The press conference in Geneva should tell us where and when the CT will end up next. I think people like to extrapolate, twist words and jump to conclusions fast....just like the whole Toyota recall media frenzy. Guilty until proven innocent. Moral of the story...don't read in between the lines and jump to conclusions!
Old 02-16-10, 05:13 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
There hasn't been any official statement from Toyota regarding the CT on availability anywhere other than it being unveiled in Geneva. The article even states "The hybrid is expected to go on sale in Europe, but Lexus has yet to spell out a timetable for launch of what it calls "a new gateway model".

I think this "rumor" isn't something to dwell on. The press conference in Geneva should tell us where and when the CT will end up next. I think people like to extrapolate, twist words and jump to conclusions fast....just like the whole Toyota recall media frenzy. Guilty until proven innocent. Moral of the story...don't read in between the lines and jump to conclusions!
not sure that Geneva will tell us anything about US, but they should announce start of sales this year for CTh at Geneva, which will then probably bring some reaction from US Lexus at some other US autoshow.
Old 02-16-10, 06:38 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

I really love the side and rear. hope they tone down the front way too weird for my taste.
Old 02-16-10, 06:40 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

so Just Euro only? that sucks. they should bring it here! just fix that weird fish gill thingy.

Quick Reply: New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut