CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 09:25 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by joe80
so Just Euro only? that sucks. they should bring it here! just fix that weird fish gill thingy.
Please read post 252
Old 02-16-10, 09:46 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
not sure that Geneva will tell us anything about US, but they should announce start of sales this year for CTh at Geneva, which will then probably bring some reaction from US Lexus at some other US autoshow.
Trust me on this. Wait for the official annoucements.
Old 02-23-10, 11:16 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT200h brochure leak

Lexus CT 200h Full Details Leaked

An anonymous source has e-mailed what appears to be a digital press kit produced by Lexus for next week's Geneva Motor Show. The pages of the kit reveal photos and details of the Lexus CT 200h five-door hybrid, set for a debut at the Geneva event.

The full hybrid is based on the LF-Ch concept shown at the Frankfurt show in 2009. It features a 1.8-liter four-cylinder VVT-i petrol engine and a magnet synchronous electric motor. The company has not published performance details, but they do say that the motor is "powerful." Nickel-metal hydride is used for the high voltage battery. Power is sent to the front wheels via a electrically-controlled contiuously variable transmission, or E-CVT for short.

The car remains a sleek five-door, just like the concept. It has sporty overhangs at the front and back, and a well-placed rear spoiler. The car looks to have LED rear lighting. At 4,320mm long, the car is 140mm shorter than the Toyota Prius. The Lexus is 1,765mm wide by 1,430mm high; 20mm x 50mm less than the Prius. It rides on 17-inch alloy wheels, and features McPherson/front- and double wishbone rear suspension.

Lexus wants to use this car to prove that full hybrids do not have to be boring drives. They claim the car has "superior handling agility" to suit their customers' wishes, and three driving modes (Eco, Normal, and Sport) to adjust to different situations. Again, Lexus remained vague about sprint times, overtake ability, and top speed.

Hopefully, these details and more will be released at the Geneva Motor Show.

The leaked information also reveals data about Lexus LFA sales orders which states allocation will be fixed in April, while individual orders will be confirmed to customers in May. Demand has surpassed the announced 500 units set to be produced.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...concept-5.html

Last edited by (Cj); 02-23-10 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-23-10, 11:19 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 771 Likes on 539 Posts

I want to see more interior shots but I like it. Wish the exterior wasn't as toned down but it's not ugly
Old 02-23-10, 11:25 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Better pics can be found @Autoblog

Check out the specs:

Old 02-23-10, 11:27 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Old 02-23-10, 11:38 AM
FinalBurst
Driver

I like the interior design, much better design than the RX and HS.
Old 02-23-10, 11:55 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love how some blogs like Inside Line like to speak with conviction and make solid, snarky predictions like "Americans will have to admire it from afar." O RLY? They're not even attributing that to one of their usual "well-placed" anonymous sources. What a tardfest.

No way this is Euro-only. What is Lexus current total sales in Europe for all models?

Even if they sold 10,000 of the new CTh in Europe and, say, 7,000 in Japan and other Asian markets (which would be phenomenal figures), that's not nearly enough volume to justify the existence of what is presumably going to be their entry-level model.

10,000 units worldwide would be fine for a niche, high-dollar, high-performance product. This is going to be a "gateway"/entry-level model, a relatively small and affordable Lexus. So they NEED more volume behind it.

I'm sure they'll be shooting for 25,000-30,000 units worldwide to justify its development and ensure a profitable run, in which case it would most DEFINITELY have to be sold in North America.

We will see it in the US. No question in my mind. It will do battle with the 1-Series, C30, A3, and might even steal some sales from the Mini crowd.
Old 02-23-10, 12:15 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

is it only me or is the interior very BMW like? reminiscent of the old Z4s with the pop up nav screen.

Old 02-23-10, 12:20 PM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Way too conservative design. It looks like a Toyota. Toned down way too much.
Old 02-23-10, 12:23 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by venom21
Way too conservative design. It looks like a Toyota. Toned down way too much.
Sure it does. Let me see a small hatch= looks like Toyota I am sure the Lexus haters will be original with that one.

Originally Posted by RXSF
is it only me or is the interior very BMW like? reminiscent of the old Z4s with the pop up nav screen.

I thought it did too but I liked the Z4 interior. I really like the inside thus far, it has the small shifter/pattern but the interior looks very Euro and nice. Huge 8" pop up screen.

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
I love how some blogs like Inside Line like to speak with conviction and make solid, snarky predictions like "Americans will have to admire it from afar." O RLY? They're not even attributing that to one of their usual "well-placed" anonymous sources. What a tardfest.

No way this is Euro-only. What is Lexus current total sales in Europe for all models?

Even if they sold 10,000 of the new CTh in Europe and, say, 7,000 in Japan and other Asian markets (which would be phenomenal figures), that's not nearly enough volume to justify the existence of what is presumably going to be their entry-level model.

10,000 units worldwide would be fine for a niche, high-dollar, high-performance product. This is going to be a "gateway"/entry-level model, a relatively small and affordable Lexus. So they NEED more volume behind it.

I'm sure they'll be shooting for 25,000-30,000 units worldwide to justify its development and ensure a profitable run, in which case it would most DEFINITELY have to be sold in North America.

We will see it in the US. No question in my mind. It will do battle with the 1-Series, C30, A3, and might even steal some sales from the Mini crowd.
I would much prefer this to the HS as a daily driver. It seems to have less power so MPG should be higher.
Old 02-23-10, 12:23 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

So it's a Prius powertrain after all.

Double-wishbone rear suspension, should have some good handling.

The exterior looks good, the interior is very business-like/sporty. It does look similar to a BMW interior, the interior has a very European style to it.

Depending on pricing, I think this should sell fairly well in Europe.

The smaller wheels indicate fuel economy will be quite exceptional.

I can't wait to see the rumored CT300h/350h or CT400/450h.
Old 02-23-10, 12:25 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am really not liking this at all and am quite frankly, very surprised with how bland it is. Where it's not bland it looks awkward. I can't imagine seeing this car on the road in 5-6 years as the current model- it already looks 2-3 years old. A few opinions...

Front overhang is second only to the new CRZ- what the hell?

For some reason the side profile says "Matrix" with odd proportions- huge driver door with the rear part of the car looking quite small.

Those rims are awful looking.

The front end looks like they put 2IS headlights on the front of an Accord.

The interior looks pretty cool...I would like to see more but the general layout reminds me of the Audi A8.

Overall I had much higher aspirations for this car, and am very disappointed. If they plan to bring this here to target younger buyers I think there's a solid chance of it failing based on how painstakingly bland it is. They hyped this thing as being a game-changing, dramatic entry into it's class and what I see is more of the same- if not worse.

For me personally this thing gets 3/10 stars. I am ridiculously let down by the design, and hope it stays overseas.

Based on the CT, HS, ISc, and RX I am rapidly losing faith in what the 4GS will look like.
Old 02-23-10, 12:25 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

So a Prius powertrain in a Lexus. I can dig it I guess, but I'm assuming this car will be heavier than a Prius.

I'd really like to see some 300/350h's on the market. The GS and RX 450hs are great, but more efficient version will be required for Lexus to remain competitive. And we already have a compact hybrid, why another?
Old 02-23-10, 12:30 PM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd prefer this:

Hope it sells well though.

Quick Reply: New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut