CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-10, 10:08 AM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The wheels are definitely not helping, but i have to agree with some on here - i also had high hopes for this car... but nothing i have seen makes me scream, "I WANT THIS!" I don't feel as underwhelmed as i did with the HS, but it's close...
Old 08-18-10, 10:17 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
I had high hopes from this car, especially from the concept pictures, but from this latest shot, it just looks like a rehashed Matrix of sorts =/
Originally Posted by MPLexus301
A big problem for this car is wheels. If I remember correctly, when Lexus did the survey on the CT concept the results came back with like 39% saying that their favorite part of the exterior was the FITMENT.

How do you look at those survey results and then create a set of 17" x 7" 10 spoke wheels that look cheap and fit like an Oldsmobile?
Originally Posted by MrMut
The wheels are definitely not helping, but i have to agree with some on here - i also had high hopes for this car... but nothing i have seen makes me scream, "I WANT THIS!" I don't feel as underwhelmed as i did with the HS, but it's close...
Same here. I had high hopes (should've known better) for the concept.

Did lexus totally ignore the surveys from here or that didn't matter since we were a small population and that they might have pooled elsewhere?

To those who like this design, carry on
Old 08-18-10, 10:40 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they end up releasing an AWD version...this platform is already set-up for it and that option would increase appeal in various parts of the country.

I don't mind the shape of the car, with better wheels, a more substantial powertrain, and AWD, I would definitely rock it.

Prius drivetrain, crappy fitment, and FWD is a no-go, though.
Old 08-18-10, 10:54 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had high hopes from this car, especially from the concept pictures, but from this latest shot, it just looks like a rehashed Matrix of sorts =/
Agree. This latest real world photo does not flatter it. Looks much better in studio beauty shots but what car doesn't? Holding my breath on how well this car does.
Old 08-18-10, 11:39 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 362 Posts

Yup...
Hasn't excited me but we'll see...
Old 08-18-10, 12:13 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the rear half got lost in translation.

the concept's back glass wrapped around less, so it didn't eat into the rear passenger glass. and the concept rear passenger glass has a sexier shape.

Is lexus adding these small non-premium looking cars because of future mpg laws?...... cuz other than that, the recent new models are watering down the lexus premium image.
and judging from sales of the HS, I don't think most americans are looking for small compact expensive mediocre-mileage hybrids from lexus.
Old 08-18-10, 01:03 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

it's funny how we have clinged on to the tiny little style design cues and still got dissappointed.

these lexus miniscule design cues ain't going to cut it no more.

people are going to start wanting more for the money, they want striking, bold, daring designs.

lexus is falling asleep at everything
Old 08-18-10, 01:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dunnojack

Is lexus adding these small non-premium looking cars because of future mpg laws?...... cuz other than that, the recent new models are watering down the lexus premium image.
Did you miss the $375,000 exotic Lexus with a price tag everyone bishes about?

Originally Posted by dunnojack
and judging from sales of the HS, I don't think most americans are looking for small compact expensive mediocre-mileage hybrids from lexus.
HS is a miss on its own merits. I agree small compact luxury hatches have a hard time here.
Old 08-18-10, 02:38 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

in regards to the LFA and it's price tag, I'm sorry but that's not gonna cut it either.

it looks soft, it doesn't scream ferrari, lamborghini who are it's direct competitor.

peter schreyer has proven it, europeans are the king of car design.
Old 08-18-10, 02:51 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mikemareen
in regards to the LFA and it's price tag, I'm sorry but that's not gonna cut it either.

it looks soft, it doesn't scream ferrari, lamborghini who are it's direct competitor.

duly noted.

If it had a Hyundai or Kia badge you'd be telling us it's the greatest design ever in history of anything created
Old 08-18-10, 02:57 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
duly noted.

If it had a Hyundai or Kia badge you'd be telling us it's the greatest design ever in history of anything created

Old 08-18-10, 03:11 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like it's time to grab a cold one!

Old 08-18-10, 03:53 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

it would have to cost 70k!

are these cars even being bought by the wealthy ? the wealthy are going straight for the ferrari's and lamborghini's with ***** out design.

what is the lfa ? what is the theme ? i can't even picture the Lfa in my head, I can picture a ferrari, a gallardo, but I can't picture a Lfa. that's the difference between european and asian design.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
duly noted.

Old 08-18-10, 05:05 PM
Koma

it would have to cost 70k!

are these cars even being bought by the wealthy ? the wealthy are going straight for the ferrari's and lamborghini's with ***** out design.

what is the lfa ? what is the theme ? i can't even picture the Lfa in my head, I can picture a ferrari, a gallardo, but I can't picture a Lfa. that's the difference between european and asian design.
I try to be pretty open to people's tastes but you obviously have a huge bias towards European makes...

I'm not gonna bite on the price bit of the LFA. It's been beaten to oblivion.

You may have a point on the LFA having a bit of a hard time selling out. But some people are still buying them so I guess this ones a tie. The 458 in my eyes lost it's Ferrari vision. The 599, 430, 612 and even the California all have that Ferrari feel to it. The 458 doesn't quite fit into that family, I feel.

What are the themes of the European cars? I'm not trying to bait here, I just really want to understand your view. It's also hard to picture a car that hasn't even hit production yet. The Ferrari and Lamborghini brands have had a long time to burn their image into your head.

And to bring the thread back on point, to reply to your original comment about bold and striking designs:
I prefer something a bit more subtle and elegant. The direction of MB I think is hideous, the BMWs are getting too much Audish to me, Audi has a good design theme but the A6 and A8 bore me (everything else is superb in my opinion), Acura is bold and daring (and hideous, I wouldn't buy it if it was 20k).

Last edited by Koma; 08-18-10 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-18-10, 05:28 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding the LFA; I think it's fabulous in every way but looking at it with a cold eye I have to agree that it doesn't touch the Italians for style. It lacks the sensual beauty of Ferrari as well as the outrageous futurism of Lambo. The LFA is fantastic for a Lexus but compared to the aforementioned its styling merely says "fast".

Quick Reply: New Lexus Hybrid: CT 200h (42 MPG) Updated with F-sport Debut