(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
As you continue to prove you are here to troll. You come to Clublexus to
-post negative about Lexus
-be a Honda fanboy
-not comment in threads here where its complimentary towards Acura and Honda

No Honda/Acura fan should really comment on anything being ugly or even try to leverage something else looks/shares with something else. They are the ugliest and the king of rebadges. They aren't sold in Europe and the CT was designed with the Euro market in mind (where Lexus has been for 20 years). It also is a hybrid, something Acura doesn't have and has stated they will copy Lexus and finally build.

Now please go away.

Gotta love it when the Honda fanboyz come up in here
Old 03-12-10, 12:54 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06TLDude
I could care less if you think Honda/Acura makes ugly cars. Acura doesn’t put money in my pocket or take it out. I don’t work for Honda/Acura, I don’t own stock, have a Honda/Acura coffee mug, etc. Actually, I don’t see what Honda/Acura has to do with me thinking this car is ugly. IMHO, the CT 200h is an ugly rebadged Toyota Matrix. I give it

Don't take it personal.
Your username has a Honda/Acura model in it, and your signature is a negative/derogatory one towards Toyota.

I am curious why you continue to post on a Lexus-biased forum, other than to troll, bait for arguments, and disrupt the community?
Old 03-12-10, 02:01 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Okay to keep this back on track...who's going to the NY Auto Show to see the CT200h in person? So far my good friend jruhi4 and I will be going!
Old 03-12-10, 05:42 AM
06TLDude
Rookie

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Your username has a Honda/Acura model in it, and your signature is a negative/derogatory one towards Toyota.

I am curious why you continue to post on a Lexus-biased forum, other than to troll, bait for arguments, and disrupt the community?
Don't take it personal I don't like this car. Maybe it will look better in person. Anyway, I thought members were allowed an opinion.

Last edited by 06TLDude; 03-12-10 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-12-10, 06:09 AM
LexFather

Don't take it personal I don't like this car. Maybe it will look better in person. Anyway, I thought members were allowed an opinion.

PS
Please don't deleted my post without deleting the post above by TRDFantasy.

You made things personal a long time ago
. You have 46 posts here, 40 all either defending Honda and/or attacking the forum and members.

Does you need your memory jogged? Some of your quotes below;

Acura #2 not bad I know some of you Acura haters are pissed off about that. I guess we know why one reason Acura still out sells Audi and Infiniti just to name a few.
For a brand that's supposedly irrelevant you guys sure do spend a lot of time talking about them.

Unlike so many on this forum, I don't lose sleep over Acura or any car company for that matter. You would think you guys owned stock in Honda. Since Acura seems to bother you so much you should write the letter, not me. You sure do seem to have the time and energy for Acura. Anyway, have fun talking about the same old things, Acura sucks, the beak, no V8, etc, etc.
Actually, Acura getting hybrids is old news and was probably already bashed, I mean discussed here.
And now you are in this thread....you made your bed, you lay in it. If you had joined this forum to actually bring value and contribute members wouldn't make the comments they have made.

You posted your opinion on the CT (which we all could have guessed you would have said) and its time to move on.

Exit this thread. And change your signature to something that doesn't cause arguments and flaming on a Lexus forum. Would you like someone to have a sig that says "no V-8s, no RWD, and beaks" on a Honda forum?
Old 03-12-10, 06:50 AM
LexFather

Thread back on track

Originally Posted by flipside909
Okay to keep this back on track...who's going to the NY Auto Show to see the CT200h in person? So far my good friend jruhi4 and I will be going!
He's going to NY??? I would love to go....but as you know April is tough for me...
Old 03-22-10, 01:40 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Lexus just announced CT200h for NA market, arriving early 2011.

One interesting bit was that in power mode, hybrid system went to 650v, from 500v in normal mode....

The CT 200h will also be equipped with four drive-modes: Normal, Eco, Sport and EV. Normal mode has an essentially linear throttle response that gives naturally progressive power while the Power Control Unit (PCU) limits drive voltage to a maximum of 500 volts. The Eco mode adjusts air conditioning settings and the throttle for the best possible fuel economy. For an enhanced fun-to-drive experience, Sport mode, a first for the Lexus hybrid line-up, can be selected. Sport mode provides more direct Electric Power Steering (EPS) settings and throttle while the PCU boosts drive voltage to a maximum output of 650 volts. Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC) are less intrusive when Sport mode is selected, allowing for more lively driving. In EV mode, under certain circumstances, the vehicle can be driven up to one mile using only the electric motors.
Another interesting first for Lexus here:

The cabin is trimmed with metal and a new synthetic material called NuLuxe™ that is soft to the touch like leather. Leather-trimmed seating will be available as an option.

A sporty, wide-grip steering wheel gives the driver command of the road while three large, high-visibility dials, speedometer, tachometer/hybrid meter and fuel gauge, in the instrument panel (IP), provide the driver with pertinent information. In Normal or Eco modes, the IP features a blue background. When the Sport mode is selected, a tachometer replaces the hybrid meter on the IP and the IP back lighting turns red. The drive mode switch and center console are also illuminated in red adding to the cabin’s sporty atmosphere.
http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/l...um-155565.aspx
Old 03-22-10, 02:14 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Surprisingly, maybe only to me, the CT200h takes 87 octane gasoline.
Old 03-22-10, 02:16 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TorontoIS
Surprisingly, maybe only to me, the CT200h takes 87 octane gasoline.
Why? It doesn't make much power to begin with and the gas part of the engine is pretty basic. Doesn't the Lexus ES take regular as well?
Old 03-22-10, 02:20 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

The cabin is trimmed with metal and a new synthetic material called NuLuxe™ that is soft to the touch like leather. Leather-trimmed seating will be available as an option.

I take it that this is something like MB-Tex / leatherette?
Old 03-22-10, 02:22 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DustinV

BMW also has leatherette in their 1 series.
Old 03-22-10, 02:39 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pagemaster
BMW also has leatherette in their 1 series.
I'm aware of that. Personally I have nothing against artificial leather since it has more long-term advantages over real leather.

I'm just wondering how some of the "must-be-real-leather-or-bust" diehards here will react to this news, considering they have continually bashed premium cars with fake leather...
Old 03-22-10, 02:41 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

I'm aware of that. Personally I have nothing against artificial leather since it has more long-term advantages over real leather.

I'm just wondering how some of the "must-be-real-leather-or-bust" diehards here will react to this news, considering they have continually bashed premium cars with fake leather...
I'm ok with leatherette as well. Part of Lexus and Toyota seats are simulated leather anyway

It will be interesting to see what others say, but one thing is clear is that Lexus has really designed this upcoming 200 to resemble a German interior
Old 03-22-10, 02:41 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 721 Likes on 496 Posts

Sure sounds like it.

I'm a diehard leather person myself Call me old school but I like my luxury/premium cars with cows and wood The leatherette is not a surprise for a premium hatch but if I do end up with a CT, it'll have real cow in it
Old 03-22-10, 02:45 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

I eagerly await the CT-200h launch in Europe. I'd love to get my hands on one for a testdrive and then compare it to the BMW 1 series I currently drive.

The problem is, I've not seen a Lexus here in Stuttgart in months! The Lexus dealership here must have a really hard time since this is Porsche/Mercedes territory. A few months ago I was in central Munich on that infamous shopping street where the rich and famous go - not a single Lexus in sight.

Regarding leatherette, I feel that it looks just as high quality, upscale and premium as real leather. And, most importantly, it lasts longer and is easier to clean, too.

Quick Reply: PR: All-New Lexus CT 200h Hybrid Makes North American Debut 2010 NY Auto Show