CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Autoblogs first ride in the new Lexus CT200h

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-10, 05:22 PM
LexFather

The initial review sounds promising, especially the way it drives. Still not completely sold on it but its growing on me.

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
This car looks like a modern day AMC Pacer

The car does not flow..

Why not make/sell a coupe version for the U.S market?
Sure it does. You seem to like this BMW AMC car though Your constant trolling here is getting old fast.

Old 06-30-10, 05:25 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^

LMFAO, thats epic pwnage!
Old 06-30-10, 05:32 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

if anything, it looks like the new Top Gear reasonably priced car, the Kia Cee'd. Ill probably get a lot of smack for saying that.

Old 06-30-10, 05:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

1sick, dash - keep this on topic about the article please
Old 06-30-10, 06:41 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As wagon/hatches go, not bad.
Old 06-30-10, 06:44 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF
if anything, it looks like the new Top Gear reasonably priced car, the Kia Cee'd. Ill probably get a lot of smack for saying that.

I'll get even more smack for saying this: The Kia concept picture is better looking than the CT200h.

Seriously, the wheel fitment gets more and more atrocious as this car moves from concept to production. Also, look at the belt line at the rear 3/4 panel. It doesn't match up with the line coming from the trunk. Are you kidding me? That's just LAZY, LAZY, LAZY design. Just adds to the soft laziness of this entire design. No commitment to any design cues or lines in this design whatsoever. What an unfinished vehicle.

I'm not even going to start on the stick-on piece of wood they added on the passenger side interior. ONE FOOT of wood on the entire interior, literally double sided taped on? Wow.
Old 06-30-10, 07:40 PM
LexFather

I have a novel idea. How about compare the Kia concept to the CT concept and the production Kia to the production Lexus.
Old 06-30-10, 07:44 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I have a novel idea. How about compare the Kia concept to the CT concept and the production Kia to the production Lexus.
I assume that's what RXSF was trying to do but he accidentally pulled up the concept photo instead. Even compared to the production Kia Cee'd, I hate to say it but the Cee'd doesn't have any of the lazy bulbous design flaws that I pointed out in my post (which is not to say the Kia is better looking... it's boring as hell. But as a design it doesn't have any lazy miscues like the CT). If the CT was a Kia/Hyundai, you guys would be ripping into it like a pack of wolves.

I have to say though, concept CT > concept Cee'd. Too bad the transition between concept and production for the CT was so rough.

Last edited by knihc2008; 06-30-10 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-30-10, 07:44 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

I like it more than I thought I would
Old 06-30-10, 08:10 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

lol oh yes, sorry if that isnt the right Ceed, but it looks pretty similar to that anyways.
Old 06-30-10, 11:26 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
"The sportiest model this side of the LFA and IS-F" ?!?

That's a big statement to make. I mean, we're comparing it to the regular IS and GS...
My guess is that's Autoblog's hyperbole, plus lumping in the IS-F with the IS line, or overlooking the IS line for some reason.

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Also, look at the belt line at the rear 3/4 panel. It doesn't match up with the line coming from the trunk. Are you kidding me?
I see your point, it would look more like the Kia pic posted with a single line connecting all the way across to the rear. However, it looks to me that the different lines were intentional. In other photos, it appears the rear crease meets up with the door handle, they deliberately had the second crease built into the rear doors:

The press release studio shots also appear to show this. More wedge shaped and with contrasting points, not always simple flow.

Originally Posted by venom21
Found this:

"In electric-only mode the CT200h's range is about 1.8 miles while the maximum overall range is 621 miles from a fuel tank holding just 45 litres."

Daily Telegraph

Anyone want to do the conversions?
That would be 1.8 miles or 2.9 km on electric only

Max overall range is 621 miles or 999 km on full tank

Tank is 45 liters or 9.9 imp gal; 12 US gal.
Old 06-30-10, 11:52 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by encore888
I see your point, it would look more like the Kia pic posted with a single line connecting all the way across to the rear. However, it looks to me that the different lines were intentional. In other photos, it appears the rear crease meets up with the door handle, they deliberately had the second crease built into the rear doors:

The press release studio shots also appear to show this. More wedge shaped and with contrasting points, not always simple flow.
I remember seeing this in a few photos. But gosh you have to look closely and get the lighting just right to notice it don't you? This just goes back to my point of Lexus being lazy with their design and not being able to commit to ideas, lines, and shapes. You half-*** an idea like that, having a new body line coming from the rear door handle, and it looks like someone at the body shop misaligned the rear 3/4 panel or something.
Old 07-01-10, 12:07 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knihc2008
I remember seeing this in a few photos. But gosh you have to look closely and get the lighting just right to notice it don't you?
Like some other L-finesse designs, I'll have to see it in person to know for sure, but it does seem to be rather subtle (which can work both ways, for some--too subtle to tell it's positives, too subtle to tell its negatives). Looking over the 5ES/2IS photos, they have relatively clean sides below the beltline, and side lines flow all the way across. Since the 3RX, L-finesse has moved towards adding lines to the rear 3/4 flanks and near the bottom of the doors. There is also a line emanating from the rear door handle on the 3RX.

Versus sedans, with the RX/CT there isn't a trunklid for which such a body line would terminate in the manner of a sedan. I think it's an interesting idea to add more character lines to L-finesse, but where and how is the question. Anyhow, the CT overall shape and reception will help determine its marketplace success.

Last edited by encore888; 07-01-10 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-01-10, 12:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I like it more than I thought I would
i surely like the ct way more than the hs. if anything, i have more hope on this ct car
Old 07-01-10, 01:48 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think what may decrease the aesthetic beauty is the odd shape of the c pillar

Quick Reply: Autoblogs first ride in the new Lexus CT200h