CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

So I test drove a CT today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-11, 11:13 PM
Jensennn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool So I test drove a CT today...

and coming from a ISx50 It wasn't too bad. I went in for a oil change on my 250 and had some time to test it out. It was the premium edition, going for $35k flat, no negotiation available since Corporate didn't say so, but a $1k Lexus loyalty would be applied.

At first glance I didn't like the styling too much compared to my IS, but upon sitting inside I noticed it was a bit more roomier in the car, especially in the backseat where the IS fails. The dash on this car is a tech geeks dream, I loved how everything was setup it flowed perfectly. When I test drove the model it was engaged in Sport mode and WoW is all I can say, I was surprised at how quick and smooth it hit 60+. The car also offers a eco mode which is really great considering how the car averages 43 mpg, a lot better than the 24 I get

Luckily I didn't jump the gun...yet. But a couple months down the road I may pick up this car for my family to enjoy
Old 03-04-11, 06:31 AM
LexFather

Nice mini-review! The CT is a great addition to the Lexus lineup!
Old 03-04-11, 04:19 PM
marke1
Driver School Candidate

Can you confirm the Lexus loyalty program applies to the CT200h?
Old 03-04-11, 05:54 PM
Bob259
Driver

Originally Posted by marke1
Can you confirm the Lexus loyalty program applies to the CT200h?
Yes it does... at least at my dealer it did
Old 03-04-11, 07:13 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I saw one at my dealer today. Didn't have enough time to drive it, but my salesman, who has known me for 14 years, said it was too underpowered. I sat in it quickly. I"m about 6 feet tall. Once I had the driver seat to where I liked it, I couldn't really fit in the back seat behind myself. Didn't seem any better space wise than the IS350 we have. And no armrest in the back seat. At least the seats fold (but not without me having to push the driver seat forward first to keep the rear headrest from hitting the back of the front seat.

It was a non-metallic black (makes swirl marks more prevalent). Loaded with the Nav, Premium and other package. Sticker $36,650. They also had a base silver model, no options, $29,995.
Old 03-04-11, 08:31 PM
QuentinB
Pit Crew

I didn't get to test drive because the car was being sold when I got there, but I did get to poke around.

Pros:
- Leather is fantastic. (Didn't get to sample Nulux) Seats were comfy and I liked the driving position.
- IP, steering wheel, and switchgear is all really nice other than the panel that the window switches are mounted on. It was fine by me, but relative to the rest of the interior, it wasn't quite as good. Overall, though, there isn't a better interior available for $35k. I loved it.
- Back seat room is pretty good for the front seats adjusted to a 5'8" driver.
- Exterior flows a good bit better in person. You don't notice the somewhat strange C-pillar.

Cons:
- standard wheels are tucked a bit and don't suit the visual heft of the hatch shape. I think something a little more flush or aggressive would really make it a looker. Hopefully the F sport wheels do the trick.
- Cargo floor to ceiling height is rather low. The seats lay flat, but it isn't the vast expanse of space you'd expect on a hatchback. The low ceiling also will leave those taller than 6'2" rubbing their head against the ceiling in the back seats.

Things I missed that I need to look at when I actually test drive:
- rear visibility.
- Nulux interior (Wife said she wants leather, haha)
- how much road noise
- Compare closely Nav v. non-Nav interior. I'm on the fence about this one. I typically won't pay for OEM nav units, but this one isn't totally overpriced.

All in all, pending a somewhat satisfying test drive regarding road noise and handling, this seems like a lot of car for the money. My wife absolutely loved it. Good job, Lexus. You might've cracked into this DINK market.
Old 03-04-11, 09:21 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I spent some time with a really knowledgeable sales guy looking at a couple of CT200h's. Both were grey with grey nuluxe interiors. One was a premium and the other was a base model. Stickers were $30K for the base and $35K for the premium. The interior is really tight. I'm 6'2" and could not get the seat back and down enough to be comfortable to drive it. With the rear seats down the space under the hatch is much smaller than I expected.

According to the salesman, acceleration is much like a Prius but the handling is a lot better. Since the CT is just too small for me, I guess I'll go look at a Prius.
Steve
Old 03-04-11, 11:00 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

thanks for the review
Old 03-05-11, 09:05 AM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well with f sport pkg the car will look alot nicer with wheels and 1 inch drop of the suspension giving a more aggressive look and better handling.
Old 03-05-11, 09:28 AM
mm767cap
Driver

Bought one yesterday. I came down from an IS-F. Let's just say it was time to grow up.

I'm 6'5" and fit just fine, though I would hate to have someone sitting behind me. I don't feel any more cramped than I did in the IS-F. I didn't really want the nav... until I played with it, and then I couldn't imagine not having it. Live traffic, concierge directions downloaded directly to the unit? Totally love it. Besides, the tech of the mouse-like controller is wicked, and very appealing if you are into that sort of thing. So now I've just got to get used to enjoying the challenge of being as efficient as possible instead of the challenge of going as fast as possible.

All in all, I'm really happy with the car so far. My two niggles... the center armrest is so far back that its practically un-useable, so if you rest your right arm, its on the plastic cupholder. Also, the high pitched squeal of the regenerative braking is a tad annoying. Luckily, the stereo ROCKS (I did get the upgrade there as well) so I can just drown it out.
Old 03-05-11, 09:34 AM
mm767cap
Driver

PS, yes I got the $1000 loyalty discount. It runs through the end of March, and you must finance through Lexus
Old 03-05-11, 11:29 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by mm767cap
Bought one yesterday. I came down from an IS-F. Let's just say it was time to grow up.

I'm 6'5" and fit just fine, though I would hate to have someone sitting behind me. I don't feel any more cramped than I did in the IS-F. I didn't really want the nav... until I played with it, and then I couldn't imagine not having it. Live traffic, concierge directions downloaded directly to the unit? Totally love it. Besides, the tech of the mouse-like controller is wicked, and very appealing if you are into that sort of thing. So now I've just got to get used to enjoying the challenge of being as efficient as possible instead of the challenge of going as fast as possible.

All in all, I'm really happy with the car so far. My two niggles... the center armrest is so far back that its practically un-useable, so if you rest your right arm, its on the plastic cupholder. Also, the high pitched squeal of the regenerative braking is a tad annoying. Luckily, the stereo ROCKS (I did get the upgrade there as well) so I can just drown it out.
stereo compared to IS? Handling/Ride compared to IS?
Old 03-05-11, 01:04 PM
mm767cap
Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
stereo compared to IS? Handling/Ride compared to IS?
Every bit as good as the Mark Levinson. The ride is MUCH softer than the IS-F, but that's not hard to do.. The handling is one of the strengths of the car, though there isn't a whole lot of performance to have to handle.
Old 03-06-11, 08:16 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow IS-F to CTh... haha congrats on the new car.
Old 03-06-11, 06:39 PM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I dragged my 7 yr. old son to the dealership today to test drive this car after seeing it finally hit the showrooms. I was quite impressed and like the sporty look and interior of this car. I'm 90% sure when I'm ready to buy my next car, I'm going to land in one of these. Thumbs up to Lexus on this car, I think it's going to do real well. The car I drove only had 100 miles on it and on my test drive we averaged 40 MPG. SICK!!!!! Oh, and this thing handled better than my G35 that's lowered!

Quick Reply: So I test drove a CT today...