CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

DRIVE: 2012 CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-11, 07:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

I have lots of photos i've taken with my DSLR, but my main laptop is taking a dump again. I'm doing everything from my iPad right now so i have limited access to my pics. Should have more up shortly. Everything so far is from my iPhone and twitter account. iOS5 FTW btw.
Old 10-13-11, 09:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Day 2: Thursday 10/13/11:

Okay so i've put approximately 80 miles on the car today (I racked 80 yesterday). The F-Sport Springs and Sways make the ride a lot flatter than the factory setup. I will admit I have not driven the regular F-Sport car yet as these cars just arrived from Japan in the last week. But from all the CT's i've driven in France last year and out here, the F-Sport Suspension parts just make the ride a lot more better. The springs obviously help lower the stance of the car but TRD USA did a great job of keeping the spring rates very comfortable for Lexus standards. The F-Sport Sways really keep the car flatter around the corners, it's very confidence inspiring. Its a shame there isn't more power to supplement the sporty character of the CT but there's nothing .

Here are a few pics I tweeted from today:

Ocean Blue NuLuxe is a really nice color. Think of the BMW Carbon Black color but a tad more blue bias. It looks really sharp in the direct sunlight. I've always been a fan of NuLuxe, and this is even more reason why the CT F Sport SE is desireable.

This is the 2 piece Tumi Luggage set which is only available with the CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition. 900 lucky owners will receive these items with their CT F Sport SE. The larger back is a carry-on size duffle and the smaller bag is actually a backpack. Both feature signature Tumi design w/exclusive F-Sport badging and Ocean Blue zippers and inner liners.

Close up shot of the F Sport & Tumi badging.

You know it's authentic when you have these badges inside the inner pockets of each back. Note the Ocean Blue zipper and inner liner.

And just for kicks, I decided to bring my iPad 2 along today. Unfortunately it's too large for the Universal Device Holder. I was curious to see if the iPad would work with the Lexus Premium audio and it did! Unfortunately it doesn't charge your iPad2, but it does allow you to control the audio just as if you plugged in your iPhone/iPod or other USB compatible audio accessory.

More to come. BTW, if any of you are in Southern California this weekend and would like to check out the CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition in Person, I will be bringing it to The Pursuit 3 @ Toyota Speedway in Irwindale. If you wanna know more about it, check my signature and click on the banner below.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-15-11 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-14-11, 02:44 AM
Darienlim
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A quick question for you, the low beam headlights, are they LED or regular halogen for the Special Edition?
Old 10-14-11, 06:04 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Darienlim
A quick question for you, the low beam headlights, are they LED or regular halogen for the Special Edition?
LED........Daytime running lights......that is on my invoice.
Old 10-14-11, 06:21 AM
Darienlim
Driver

Originally Posted by Tom59
LED........Daytime running lights......that is on my invoice.
Hehe, I know all CT has the LED daytime running lights strip. But my question was the low beam headlights. Are they LED or the halogen? The reason why I asked was the picture Flipside showed, it was LED low beam headlights. But I want to make sure if that car in the picture was the Special Edition (like what we are getting) or just an upgrade on a F-Sport CT. KWIM?
Old 10-14-11, 08:46 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Darienlim
From what I was told, regular halogen projector only w/LED running lamps.
Old 10-14-11, 01:56 PM
itruns
Driver

There is one in stock at Hennessy Lexus Gwinnett, just arrived today
Old 10-15-11, 03:52 AM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I called Longo Lexus today asking if they had an SE in stock. Guy said not at the moment... they've only gotten 2 F-Sport packages (non-SE) 1 of which was sold last week and the other is getting shipped in from Japan. Still waiting for an SE to show up.

Any tips Flipside? Will there be any inventory list of who has what?

And to the guys who have already purchased their special editions..... were you able to get any discounts?

Another question.... I see that it says nav package and audio package, does it come with other options such as reverse outside tilt down mirror, heated seats, bluetooth, homelink, backup camera, etc., etc.? Is there anyway to ADD them to the package or are they all built "as is"?

Last edited by djyoshi626; 10-15-11 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-15-11, 05:52 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
I called Longo Lexus today asking if they had an SE in stock. Guy said not at the moment... they've only gotten 2 F-Sport packages (non-SE) 1 of which was sold last week and the other is getting shipped in from Japan. Still waiting for an SE to show up.

And to the guys who have already purchased their special editions..... were you able to get any discounts?

Another question.... I see that it says nav package and audio package, does it come with other options such as reverse outside tilt down mirror, heated seats, bluetooth, homelink, backup camera, etc., etc.? Is there anyway to ADD them to the package or are they all built "as is"?
....I believe they have some differences as far as options. Mine came with remote start. Let me see if I can figure out how to post my invoice.
I didn't see the outside mirror listed. But everything else you have listed is on there.

I seriously doubt any discounts are doable on a vehicle special ordered in my case. I will try like crazy , but am not expecting any. Unless Lexus is dealing on 2012's - highly doubt it-......they are dealing on 2011's on the lot.
I believe you have to ask each dealer they have to ask for them when they do their buy ins. They ask for certain cars. They also work in groups so they can find one in your area.
Old 10-15-11, 07:54 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by djyoshi626

Some of them have arrived at the port as of Monday and some have been shipped to dealers out here in the Western region. I know there is one out at Lexus of Henderson (my good friend works there). Longo is usually the first to get stuff as they had the first Starfire F-Sport regular and that Nebula Gray as of last week. As a matter of fact, the Nebula Gray CT F-Sport will be displayed at
The Pursuit 3 this weekend. I encourage you to come out to Irwindale to see the car as well as the CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition. Look for me at the event and I'll personally show you the car.

Discounts are tough on new incoming models, especially the ones that are limited edtion and or high demand.

They are built as is for each region. As a matter of fact you can get a CT F-Sport loaded with leather, heated seats, memory and etc. That white CT I originally posted in another thread sold last weekend but it had every option minus pre collision/radar cruise. That was a $38k car. The beauty of this F-Sport SE car is that you get the 17" Trident wheels, springs and sways and of course the limited edition Tumi Luggage.
Old 10-15-11, 08:19 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Day 3: Friday 10/14/11:

So I've finally just over the 200 mile mark on the odometer now. As I keep driving the CT F Sport SE on the crowded & bump SoCal freeways, I notice how compliant and comfy the ride is even with the upgraded springs and sway bars. The CT already has a very good ride and handles pretty well out of the box. Usually when you alter the factory suspension, the ride comfort suffers, but that's definitely not the case with the SE. F-Sport (TRD USA) did a great job dialing in these suspension parts to enhance the handling but at the same time retain the smooth Lexus feel. So far theres no weird noises or clunking or sway bar groans. I sometimes forget that this CT's suspension is modified. All these F Sport accessory parts are covered under the Lexus basic bumper to bumper 4 year/50k mile warranty. The beauty of the CT F Sport SE is that you get all the F-Sport accessory goodies all packaged into one. Plus you get the cool limited edition Tumi luggage on top of that! Here are a few more pics from yesterday.

Signature F Sport badging on the very nice steering wheel. This steering wheel is way nicer than my IS F...and feels better too...go figure! Note the special F Sport floormats designed specifically for the CT F Sport Special Edition in the background.

17 " Trident Five Spoke wheel w/special dark liquid graphite finish only available on the CT F Sport SE. The Michelin tires are standard on all CT models.

As many of you know the Pursuit 3 is coming this Sunday and some of our CL family from NorCal has arrived just last night. Of course we had an impromptu mini meet as usual!

More to come!

Last edited by flipside909; 10-15-11 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-15-11, 11:42 AM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
Some of them have arrived at the port as of Monday and some have been shipped to dealers out here in the Western region. I know there is one out at Lexus of Henderson (my good friend works there). Longo is usually the first to get stuff as they had the first Starfire F-Sport regular and that Nebula Gray as of last week. As a matter of fact, the Nebula Gray CT F-Sport will be displayed at
The Pursuit 3 this weekend. I encourage you to come out to Irwindale to see the car as well as the CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition. Look for me at the event and I'll personally show you the car.

Discounts are tough on new incoming models, especially the ones that are limited edtion and or high demand.

They are built as is for each region. As a matter of fact you can get a CT F-Sport loaded with leather, heated seats, memory and etc. That white CT I originally posted in another thread sold last weekend but it had every option minus pre collision/radar cruise. That was a $38k car. The beauty of this F-Sport SE car is that you get the 17" Trident wheels, springs and sways and of course the limited edition Tumi Luggage.

my SC is so beat up. I'm going to hang my head in shame among all the nice Lexus'

Ah okay .... I have a friend who has a family member who works at Longo. I'm wondering if he can get us a discount on the SE

I was inquiring to Longo about the SE edition but he didn't bring up anything about building it to order... I would like to get my SE fully loaded but probably minus the radar/pre collision system.
Old 10-15-11, 04:03 PM
JForce
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't all SE come in the same package? I don't think you can shop around like the base models with different add-ons. All special editions are built to one standard... am i right or wrong?
Old 10-15-11, 05:02 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

^ that's what I'm wondering too. I'd think it's all built the same with the same package and add ons
Old 10-16-11, 05:20 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JForce
Don't all SE come in the same package? I don't think you can shop around like the base models with different add-ons. All special editions are built to one standard... am i right or wrong?
Mine has remote start.....the other invoice I saw didn't mine is an SE. So I'm sure they have some minor differences or maybe remote start is the only one, who knows. Not sure if they sell cold weather packages anymore....but that might be in the NE models. (no idea)

BY , FJ , NV, ZC , V4 these are the options and package installed. 7174.00 worth. plus 875 destination.... 39,299.00 total .....

YES, they are built as-is......they seem to have minor differences. Tumi luggage I was told is valued at 700beans.

If you want certain items buy the F sport and load it up as you prefer.

Quick Reply: DRIVE: 2012 CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition