CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

DRIVE: 2012 CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-15, 01:53 PM
BillitZky
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CT200H F-Sport Package

For the CT200H F-Sport Package, does it include the sway bar/strut performance upgrade? or that is separate upgrade that you need to pay for? If it is a separate upgrade, what are the benefits and would cost at the dealership to install?
Old 10-19-15, 09:07 PM
CTFSportSE
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up my '12 Nebula Gray SE this past Friday. I've always been a German car fanatic and I'm retiring an E60 BMW 5-series that has been my favorite daily driver and highway cruiser (I already miss my heads up display) and an 2015 Passat TDI that I bought to replace my BMW, but then ended up replacing it too.

The CT200h was purchased on a whim. My mom has a RX400h and she got just a base CT as a loaner a few years ago when she was getting the inverter for her hybrid system replaced under recall. I piddled with the car off and on for 5 days and really came to appreciate it for what it is. It ISN'T a race car, but I DO get a ton of compliments.

Hard for me to give up German engineering, but I'm doing so in favor of STRAIGHT reliability. I never thought I would give up on BMW (I've owned over 20) and I was looking for a 335d when I bought the Passat. Reviews weren't all that great on the diesel BMWs, and Passat owners were reporting 50-50mpg. I'm waiting to see what VW does about the emissions 'issue' and how that's going to affect the resale value. I live in a non-emissions testing state, so I don't think it will hurt me.

It doesn't handle or perform anywhere near like my BMW, but it isn't suppose to. I keep telling myself to NOT compare the two cars. They're not remotely on the same level. I DO enjoy leaving it in 'eco mode' when I'm not in a hurry and seeing 44mpg. I can switch it over to 'sport mode' when I want to feel handling similar to my 5-series.

I'm at 26k and hoping to keep it until at least 100k so long as its reliable (and I have no doubt it will be). I've owned right at 65 cars and I just turned 35 yesterday. To say other cars can grab my attention is an understatement; but I'm trying to re-prioritize my life.
Attached Thumbnails DRIVE: 2012 CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition-20151017_134329.jpg   DRIVE: 2012 CT 200h F-Sport Special Edition-lf.png  

Last edited by CTFSportSE; 10-19-15 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-22-15, 12:43 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CTFSportSE
Just picked up my '12 Nebula Gray SE this past Friday. I've always been a German car fanatic and I'm retiring an E60 BMW 5-series that has been my favorite daily driver and highway cruiser (I already miss my heads up display) and an 2015 Passat TDI that I bought to replace my BMW, but then ended up replacing it too.

The CT200h was purchased on a whim. My mom has a RX400h and she got just a base CT as a loaner a few years ago when she was getting the inverter for her hybrid system replaced under recall. I piddled with the car off and on for 5 days and really came to appreciate it for what it is. It ISN'T a race car, but I DO get a ton of compliments.

Hard for me to give up German engineering, but I'm doing so in favor of STRAIGHT reliability. I never thought I would give up on BMW (I've owned over 20) and I was looking for a 335d when I bought the Passat. Reviews weren't all that great on the diesel BMWs, and Passat owners were reporting 50-50mpg. I'm waiting to see what VW does about the emissions 'issue' and how that's going to affect the resale value. I live in a non-emissions testing state, so I don't think it will hurt me.

It doesn't handle or perform anywhere near like my BMW, but it isn't suppose to. I keep telling myself to NOT compare the two cars. They're not remotely on the same level. I DO enjoy leaving it in 'eco mode' when I'm not in a hurry and seeing 44mpg. I can switch it over to 'sport mode' when I want to feel handling similar to my 5-series.

I'm at 26k and hoping to keep it until at least 100k so long as its reliable (and I have no doubt it will be). I've owned right at 65 cars and I just turned 35 yesterday. To say other cars can grab my attention is an understatement; but I'm trying to re-prioritize my life.
You bought the fastest color anyway . 65 cars? How big is the trust fund.
Old 10-22-15, 12:54 PM
CTFSportSE
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
You bought the fastest color anyway . 65 cars? How big is the trust fund.
Its interesting that you ask about a trust before before asking about my work ethic. No trust fund: I paid cash for all of my cars except the first/only brand new car I bought in 2002 while in college. I took out a loan for it and it owing money on a vehicle set off my anxiety so bad that I worked a LOT of overtime and paid it off in just under 3 months.

I don't like debt, unless its for a home that builds equity. I worked and paid my way through college, graduating debt-free.
Old 10-26-15, 03:54 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CTFSportSE;9225621[B
]Its interesting that you ask about a trust before before asking about my work ethic.[/B] No trust fund: I paid cash for all of my cars except the first/only brand new car I bought in 2002 while in college. I took out a loan for it and it owing money on a vehicle set off my anxiety so bad that I worked a LOT of overtime and paid it off in just under 3 months.

I don't like debt, unless its for a home that builds equity. I worked and paid my way through college, graduating debt-free.
I was joking ......its called satire or sarcasm..... 65 cars is hard to believe even if you were 65 yrs old that is one every yr. I'm much older than you and have owned 20 or so that with my kids driving too.

A few of mine were of the 250-500.00 variety also......

You didn't owe me an explanation and can you send me your resume.