CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Faced with a potential long commute, my wife is looking at hybrids: Prius vs. CT200h

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-12, 08:12 AM
EVPowers
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also depends on how long you plan on keeping the car.

That 11 year old is not getting any smaller. If he gets to be 6' he is probably not going to be thrilled sitting in the back seat of the CT when you have your front seat all the way back.

That said, if you are going to get another car once he is of driving age, maybe he can survive it for a while.

The Prius is definitely a larger size car, but as you said, it doesn't have the style of the CT.
Prius back seat is extremely roomy and has good visibility.
Old 05-13-12, 10:00 PM
FNFZ4
Driver

New CT owner here and went through the same debate. I dont know but I went with Lexus.
Old 05-14-12, 08:45 PM
jfh
Driver School Candidate

if I was looking at commuting 100 miles a day, the Prius vs. CT question would be a slam-dunk-no-brainer - I would get the CT. It is SO much more comfortable than the Prius; it's not even close.

I had a similar question and drove the Prius, Prius V, and the CT. If I was going to sit in the back, I would pick the Prius V, but since I usually drive from the front seat, the CT won.
Old 05-18-12, 08:57 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks for the input fellas!

We are a long-time Lexus customer so we have no gripes with the Lexus marque. The Prius attracted us with more rear seat legroom and a huge trunk but in the end, it's price tag of $32k+ for a fully loaded one made it a really expensive Toyota. We spent a few grand more and got the Lexus instead - the trade-off was some space but for us, we already have a pair of SUV's in the family so if we really need space we have other choices.

Thus we picked the CT200h and she indulged me with the F-sport package since that was more for me

This is overall our 8th Lexus vehicle in our family so by far its the most popular brand for us!

The car is not fast and certainly no M3/IS-F which I'm more used to power wise but I have to agree this car is fun to drive and handles great for what it does best.
Old 05-21-12, 06:28 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

glad you like it....I couldn't agree more with you. I think you will find that the "fun" factor for the CT will grow on you and help you forget the lost torque and hp. It took me a few months but I am getting to the point that I think about it less and less and enjoy the CT more and more.
Old 05-21-12, 07:04 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

They aren't that far apart in price and you get that Lexus feel, quality, ride, and quality. Plus it looks fantastic