CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Limited Service Campaign (LSC) CLB

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-12, 11:29 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

No fill up at my dealer either, took under 2 hours about 1:45 minutes......also did the 5k service.
Old 05-15-12, 11:31 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OutlawTita
One other side note.....my loaner while they had my CT was another CT but it was a regular CT premium. Personally I thought there was quite a difference in the way my SE F Sport handles compare to the regular CT. Driving over familiar daily routes I could tell a definite difference in handling characteristics.....no regrets here about ponying up for the upgraded suspension, lowering springs, and sway bar.
I could not agree more the SE handles much better especially in sport mode.
Old 05-15-12, 02:09 PM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the CT at the dealer right now getting the service done.
Old 05-18-12, 01:55 PM
Tom59
Intermediate

Dealer called offered to pick up my car and fill it with gas. I am going to wait till next service date instead that way it will be EMPTY. I just wrote in my survey I was disappointed about no gas. Got a call today explaining the pump was down for repair......but the girl should have explained it.
I'm guessing they A: tried to save a buck or B: they forgot C: they are embarrassed by my question

I seriously doubt they would have offered gas without my questioning it. Hey, why should some get it and not others. Plus if its free its for me.
Old 05-18-12, 03:15 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like this is for early models, our CT isn't in that range since it ends with 208xxxx

You guys are too funny - driving a Lexus and complaining over free gas...OMG. You know those surveys hurt their overall? I would have just asked them about it but not put it in the survey.
Old 05-18-12, 09:42 PM
pri2lex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tom59
I could not agree more the SE handles much better especially in sport mode.
what does sport mode do differently on the SE?
Old 05-19-12, 05:04 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pri2lex
Not sure on the SE it does anything differently.
Old 05-19-12, 05:09 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by s4play
Looks like this is for early models, our CT isn't in that range since it ends with 208xxxx

You guys are too funny - driving a Lexus and complaining over free gas...OMG. You know those surveys hurt their overall? I would have just asked them about it but not put it in the survey.
Yeah , sure you wouldn't. What does driving a Lexus have to do with anything.

The survey is a short one they send you after a service. Not the initial long survey about everything including your dogs name.
I simply asked why doesn't your dealership offer FREE gas like the rest do. I drove 50 minutes out of my way waited two hours , FREE gas is 4.00 a gallon or 40.00.

Are you saying someone offered all your friends 40.00 and not you , you don't ask. I didn't ask at the time because we were late for an engagement and I was already halfway home when I thought about it.
Otherwise we would have. I didn't demand gas and gave the girl and excellent review. Whatever....

Last edited by Tom59; 05-19-12 at 05:15 AM. Reason: sp
Old 05-19-12, 05:13 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Sport Mode:

The “touring” personality of the car is introduced with the Sport mode which is calibrated toward performance and handling. In this setting, the throttle is cranked up considerably, power control from the battery is increased from 500 to 600 volts and the CT’s electric power steering is adjusted to be more responsive. To liven things up a bit, the stability and traction control systems become less intrusive.

These adjustments obviously cut into fuel economy, but much of the pleasure of owning a car like this isn’t so much the extra performance it provides in all driving situations, but the knowledge that it’s there when you’re in the mood for it.

Does this new system live up to Lexus’s claim that with the CT, “fun-to-drive and hybrid can be used in the same sentence?” Motor Trend’s test drive says, “Lexus quotes a 0-to-60 time identical to the Prius at 9.8 seconds. Despite the not-so-sporty times, no amount of flogging by us journalist types during the drive could get the indicated fuel economy under 34 mpg. Not bad.” The magazine also commented, “The most remarkable thing about the CT 200h is how easy it is to forget that you’re driving a hybrid. Regardless of driving mode, transitions to and from electric power and gasoline power are so seamless that you simply forget they’re happening. Power is plenty adequate in most situations, but can leave you wanting when passing or climbing hills.” Car and Driver reports that, “We think the CT has a nicely balanced chassis, although it is difficult to tell because the stability control kills the fun before any mirth has a chance to materialize, and there’s little power with which to modulate the car’s cornering attitude.”
Old 05-21-12, 06:23 AM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

Recall done, Nicole at Glendale Lexus was awesome.

Filled up my tank, 10K service done, all is well.

QUESTION - how many of you use higher air pressure ratings for better handling/fuel mileage?
i'm at 42/40.

I'm actually getting 42 all day long in the POWER MODE. yep. I use less throttle and it seems to
lag much less, i've come to this conclusion now after 1 month of leaving it in the power mode.

Last edited by GenozWorld; 05-21-12 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-21-12, 06:23 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pri2lex
Sport mode on the SE accentuates the F Sport suspension package. I drove a loaner CT while getting the recall work done and to me it was just a noticeable difference in handling between the two vehicles......even during normal driving. During "spirited" driving the difference was even more pronounced. Much less body roll and more precise steering.....the SE feels like a go-cart.

After 6K miles on my CT SE I am more than satisfied to have traded in my GS400. Sure I miss the torque and horsepower from time to time but overall I think the CT may be even more fun to drive. The only time I miss the power is when trying to accelerate quickly from 50 to 75 (which I rarely need to do anyway....merging on the highway at a moderate pace is not that big of a deal) and when going up steep hills (it is not really difficult but the little 4 banger does make more noise when you get it up around 5k rpm).

Personally I think the extra battery power in Sport mode may help your mpg instead of hurting your mpg. It certainly isn't enough difference to notice. However, I can tell the difference in the suspension from normal and sport. I can't speak about eco mode since I haven't used it since my original test drive.