CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Install $75 LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-14, 07:38 PM
kwues
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carm01
Installed a pair of these on my 2014 F-sport as everyone here inspired me to get them for a much better look and clarity of light. Its shame that Lexus really dropped the ball on the headlamps for this car. I think someone mentioned that the Corolla has LED headlamps lolz

Super easy installation. Ordered them on Thursday Morning and got them Saturday.

Hopefully they will last and not overheat and pop; my only concern over getting the GTRs

Lights look good! Do you have the issue of the DRLs looking more yellow, like in previous posts in this thread? Yours look pretty close to match unless it was just either the angle, time of day, and/or camera. Thanks.
Old 09-17-14, 06:00 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Originally Posted by kwues
Lights look good! Do you have the issue of the DRLs looking more yellow, like in previous posts in this thread? Yours look pretty close to match unless it was just either the angle, time of day, and/or camera. Thanks.
From what I see in the pictures, they are still "yellowish" for sure, but the low beam, together with the fog lights will overpower much of the yellowish tinge of the DRL's.

Don't forget, when you turn on the low beams, the DRL's intensity is reduced immediately by design. Looking at the DRL from the front is no brainer. You can hardly see the DRL color given the intensity of the low beam. Looking from the side, is when the yellowish tinge shows, as seen in the last picture.
Old 09-17-14, 02:06 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

These Philips h11 LED bulbs are more expensive, but they provide optically correct beam patterns, DO NOT have a separate fan (which can fail), and are only rated at 9W....

Steve
Old 09-17-14, 05:28 PM
LoveCT
Driver

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
These Philips h11 LED bulbs are more expensive, but they provide optically correct beam patterns, DO NOT have a separate fan (which can fail), and are only rated at 9W....

Steve
Philips is a trustworthy brand. But it's priced high.

Low beams I can understand, but if someone is looking to put these in fog lamps, I don't see the business case. The complete Lexus LED fog lamp module, which is universal across many models including the CT, costs just a tad higher than the price of these bulbs.

Last edited by LoveCT; 09-17-14 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-18-14, 06:31 AM
Hypebeast
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow those are pricey! Only about $70 over what you are paying on ebay though, and they do come with a warranty, so it's tempting.
Old 09-18-14, 08:43 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

^ only 70$ ?? I Paid under 60$ for mine, these are at a 110$ premium.
Old 09-18-14, 09:59 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Some pictures:

Old 09-18-14, 10:00 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Also

(1) Keep in mind that these replace an H16 bulb (low wattage fog light bulb found in newer Lexus vehicles).

(2) Philips H11 LED - 9.3 Watts, 6 LED's per fog.
OEM Lexus - 5.9 Watts, 2 LED's per fog.

These are brighter then the OEM Lexus LED fogs.

Steve
Old 09-20-14, 11:31 PM
Carm01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xchriz012x
looks way nicer than the first generation ones.
but any idea why my check engine light would be on?
Here, not sure if this could help, but browsing i did find these load resistors to compensate for a computer code of a burned out bulb. Im not sure on the IS if those have such a thing my 2008 IS250 AWD had bi-xenon, so i didn't have to fool with LEDs.

Hope it helps!

http://www.carid.com/lumen-car-bulbs...-10063403.html

so you might need something similar. DigiKey is a good source for Electronic parts

Last edited by Carm01; 09-20-14 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-20-14, 11:55 PM
Carm01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LoveCT
From what I see in the pictures, they are still "yellowish" for sure, but the low beam, together with the fog lights will overpower much of the yellowish tinge of the DRL's.

Don't forget, when you turn on the low beams, the DRL's intensity is reduced immediately by design. Looking at the DRL from the front is no brainer. You can hardly see the DRL color given the intensity of the low beam. Looking from the side, is when the yellowish tinge shows, as seen in the last picture.
I'm not stressing out of the minor difference here, they are fairly close, despite that DLR might be 'cool white' 5000k its not that bad to be honest. The only way you will really see them is IF you are specifically looking at every passing car, and then maybe, anyways, they are just fine for me.

Wonder how blue DLR would look ? Hmmmmmm
Old 09-21-14, 05:34 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Originally Posted by Carm01
I'm not stressing out of the minor difference here, they are fairly close, despite that DLR might be 'cool white' 5000k its not that bad to be honest. The only way you will really see them is IF you are specifically looking at every passing car, and then maybe, anyways, they are just fine for me.

Wonder how blue DLR would look ? Hmmmmmm
Well yes for sure. It all depends on your personal threshold for the color difference, or in street language, how **** you are about these differences. That they are not 100% match will give sleepless nights to a few.
Old 09-29-14, 09:13 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts
Default Anybody tried the 2014 New LED 60W 6000LM low beam lights yet ??? Any OVER HEATING?

Anybody tried the 2014 New LED 60W 6000LM low beam lights yet ???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390923750239...84.m1423.l2649

Any OVER HEATING (therefore melting the headlight housing)? I had this problem with my other older car when I switched to a higher out (wattage)put halogen bulb years ago before the LEDs came out. The plastic headlight housing kind of melted.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 10-02-14, 03:24 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Anybody tried the 2014 New LED 60W 6000LM low beam lights yet ???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390923750239...84.m1423.l2649

Any OVER HEATING (therefore melting the headlight housing)? I had this problem with my other older car when I switched to a higher out (wattage)put halogen bulb years ago before the LEDs came out. The plastic headlight housing kind of melted.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
I've had these for a couple days. I replaced the 1st gen ones which I moved to the fogs. I can't really tell the difference, but I really like the quad matching look. No heating issues so far.
Old 10-06-14, 11:12 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

UPDATE 12/01/2014: I put these into my CT200h both in the low bean and the fog lights. The difference is BIG. Now people get out of my way especially at night when i have both low beam and fog lights on. It is not "blinding" to the approaching traffic on two lane roads so as to cause problems. The fog lights not only projects out, but also to the sides across something like two lanes so I can see. This is especially helpful when I am traveling out in the middle of no where country roads where there are no "street lights". These are just PURE WHITE (not the cheap cheezy blue lights you see running around). Also these are 30 watts/3000 Lumins each (HIGHER OUT PUT VERSUS THE "OLD ONE").

So far no over heating/melting problems. And no radio/cell/GPS interference (I don't use the "FM radio" that much, but I do use cell and GPS a lot).

The best price I found as at $59 for the pair with free shipping. It took about 14 days or so shipping from China:

H11-6000K-60W-6000LM-One-body-Design-Auto-CREE-LED-Headlights-Fog-Lamp-DRL-Bulb

I hope this helps.

I will post pics when I get some free time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Originally Posted by jtnoboru
I've had these for a couple days. I replaced the 1st gen ones which I moved to the fogs. I can't really tell the difference, but I really like the quad matching look. No heating issues so far.
Thanks.

I ordered these "2nd generation" LED lights and they are from China (cheaper at $59 per two with free shipping). It says delivery takes around two to three weeks. I will have to wait and see. I will keep you all posted and take pics after I install them.

Last edited by lexusrus; 12-01-14 at 03:18 AM. Reason: updating
Old 10-07-14, 04:23 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to know if anyone fit these kind of LED into low bean for 2nd Gen Lexus IS car? not sure if the cap can be close with these bulb installed.

Quick Reply: Install $75 LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough