CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Urgent query for CT200H owners!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-14, 03:08 AM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobbyk
Good to know. I'm gonna keep my ears open for that and hopefully escape it or catch it early!!

What sort of rattles are you talking about? What was your issue with the moon roof?
The moon roof would shudder as it opened or closed. First they tried lubing the rails but made no difference. Eventually they diagnosed the problem as being the gear set and moonroof motor. Took about 3 weeks to fix as they had to strip the entire roof lining to get to the required components. After stripping everything they opened the box that was ordered form Japan and it was the wrong parts. 3 weeks with a loaner.
The loaner had the same problem with the centre console button. It would also make unusual noises when parked like it was about to implode.
Happy to get my car back but had to get the liner cleaned because of grease splotches.

My warranty will be running out soon and am considering purchasing an extended warranty.

More problems are appearing as the car is ageing. The driver's footrest is starting to give way, now the drivers door handle is feeling loose and the drivers electric window is beginning to 'clunk' when reversing direction.

I am hoping that Lexus is not living on past glories with its reliability history. As much as I would like to purchase a 200t NX, there is no way I would go near that engine until lots of poor smucks purchase it and Lexus sorts out the inevitable initial problems.
Old 11-17-14, 05:30 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

The sunroof issue sounds like bad luck. With all of the parts in a car, it's bound to happen occasionally. Kind of a bummer that it was the wrong part though, and the grease on the headliner is unacceptable. Did you ask them to clean it? I have to ask what's so inconvenient about a 3 week repair, when they give you a free loaner with a full tank of gas and no restrictions. I know it's not your car, but that seems like a pretty minor annoyance. To me the worst part about a loaner is having to sync my phone (I listen to music on my phone) and the garage door. Maybe my expectations are just too low, but it seems to me that they go a long way to minimize the inconvenience of an unscheduled service. For me, it works!

I admit that I'm REALLY picky about cars, but even I don't believe they are resting on their reputation for reliability. 5 Lexus vehicles in the past several years, and there have been only 3 issues where I think they under performed. 1 of those was the dealership (i.e. the often absurd "working as expected" dance), not Lexus. I don't know of any other MFG that has fewer issues, OR goes as far to minimize the inconvenience when they do have an issue

You mention that your car might be ageing, and I wonder how many of the issues you mention are simple adjustments that would normally be expected over the first 3 or 4 years. Although I'm curious about your footrest issue, I would be willing to bet they would fix every one of your issues at no charge while your car is in for the next oil change.
Old 11-17-14, 01:01 PM
Bobbyk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by miop4000
The moon roof would shudder as it opened or closed. First they tried lubing the rails but made no difference. Eventually they diagnosed the problem as being the gear set and moonroof motor. Took about 3 weeks to fix as they had to strip the entire roof lining to get to the required components. After stripping everything they opened the box that was ordered form Japan and it was the wrong parts. 3 weeks with a loaner.
The loaner had the same problem with the centre console button. It would also make unusual noises when parked like it was about to implode.
Happy to get my car back but had to get the liner cleaned because of grease splotches.

My warranty will be running out soon and am considering purchasing an extended warranty.

More problems are appearing as the car is ageing. The driver's footrest is starting to give way, now the drivers door handle is feeling loose and the drivers electric window is beginning to 'clunk' when reversing direction.

I am hoping that Lexus is not living on past glories with its reliability history. As much as I would like to purchase a 200t NX, there is no way I would go near that engine until lots of poor smucks purchase it and Lexus sorts out the inevitable initial problems.
I would love to have a loaner for 3 weeks!!! Rackup the kms while mine is stationary-ideal scenario imo.
The grease marks are definitely unacceptable and I hope you brought it to your dealer's attention.
I hope the moonroof issue is a rarity.
Old 11-19-14, 04:04 PM
my95tsi
Pole Position

I wanted to update everyone that my steeing intermediate shafts were a non-issue after I brought it to a real Lexus dealer instead of a Toyota dealer. They had my car for an hour as I waited and it ended up just being a lose bolt. They tightened it down and no more steering clunk, as good as new.
Old 11-19-14, 08:59 PM
Bobbyk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by my95tsi
I wanted to update everyone that my steeing intermediate shafts were a non-issue after I brought it to a real Lexus dealer instead of a Toyota dealer. They had my car for an hour as I waited and it ended up just being a lose bolt. They tightened it down and no more steering clunk, as good as new.
Aren't you glad that it was a minor glitch after all!! I just picked up my CT last week and my steering does make clicking sounds if rotated left or right and while driving over small bumps. I'm taking it to the Lexus dealer tomorrow and hopefully, it is as minor as yours.

But I'll get them to take care of the reverse chimes,seat belt chimes and roll down windows.
Old 11-20-14, 05:20 PM
Bobbyk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by my95tsi
Took mine to the dealer after noticing sounds coming from the steering column and lo behold!! They confirmed that my intermediate shafts are gone!!!

Since it happened within a week of my picking up the car, they are going to replace them.

I hope yours got fixed right. But it seems that this is an underlying issue.