CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Is CT200h any fun to drive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-15, 02:20 AM
Mutorcs
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it dangerous to buy this car with 130'000 on it?
I'm considering it but I'm not sure this is a good idea because of running costs...
Old 02-19-15, 10:23 PM
Mutorcs
Rookie

So I went to test one with 17" rims, sat nav and the 10 speaker system... I LOVED it!!!!
The driving position, the sensation of comfort, the firm engaging ride and the impressive handling for a car of that weight! To answer my own question: this car IS fun to drive
Switching between different modes seemsto be pretty fun too... And this car really looks cool, even without the F Sport package
Now the next step is finding one to import from Germany!
Old 02-20-15, 07:38 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 219 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutorcs
So I went to test one with 17" rims, sat nav and the 10 speaker system... I LOVED it!!!!
The driving position, the sensation of comfort, the firm engaging ride and the impressive handling for a car of that weight! To answer my own question: this car IS fun to drive
Switching between different modes seemsto be pretty fun too... And this car really looks cool, even without the F Sport package
Now the next step is finding one to import from Germany!
That's exactly how I feel about mine. Best driving position I've ever encountered, great seats and comfortable for long drives, firm but not harsh ride makes you feel that you're following the road with great stability.

I also would say that if one has been maintained properly, you should be able to make it last a long time. Mine only has 45k miles on it but I plan to keep it more or less forever. Many Prius models make it well past 200k and 300k miles, and the CT is basically a Prius underneath. Maintenance cost is also a little less than most cars since the tires wear out slower (unless you drive fast all the time), and the brakes last a long time too since they don't get used often. You also don't have a timing belt you have to change.

Beyond the basics like oil and air filter changes, you have a coolant change at 100k miles than every 50k miles afterwards, spark plugs every 120k miles I believe, and that's it. Most people recommend a transmission fluid change to keep the transmission lasting longer but Lexus says you don't have to worry about it.
Old 02-25-15, 01:14 AM
Mutorcs
Rookie

Do any of you know if the 10 speakers sound system comes automatically with sat nav? That's something important for me... I don't want the base 6 speaker system!
For example, I have this one http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat...ml?origin=PARK that seems to have "convenience pack" and "comfort pack". But I don't understand what's inside those packs...
Old 02-26-15, 07:08 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Do any of you know if the 10 speakers sound system comes automatically with sat nav? That's something important for me... I don't want the base 6 speaker system!
For example, I have this one http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat...ml?origin=PARK that seems to have "convenience pack" and "comfort pack". But I don't understand what's inside those packs...
I don't know how Euro cars are configured since they have package and trim names we don't get here in the US, but one way you could do it is by looking at the pictures. Here in the US, if you get the Navigation or Lexus Display Audio package (both give you the big screen on the dash), you automatically get the 10-speaker system. My car has this, and in the front, you can see 2 tweeter-style speakers on both A-pillars, and then a left, center, and right speaker on the dash at the bottom edge of the windshield. There's also a speaker in the luggage area (subwoofer?). That's 6 speakers right there. The other 4 are in the doors.

You just need to find pictures of a car without those speakers or a different configuration to tell them apart, then you'll know what a car looks like when it has a 6-speaker or 10-speaker system just from the photos. Hope this helps.
Old 03-01-15, 01:01 AM
Mutorcs
Rookie

Unfortunatly I find it pretty hard to see the difference honestly...
But from what I understand, when a car comes with rear view camera, it ALWAYS comes with the 10 speaker system. So I'm trying to find this rear view camera... But I can't find it ^^
Old 03-01-15, 08:46 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Unfortunatly I find it pretty hard to see the difference honestly...
But from what I understand, when a car comes with rear view camera, it ALWAYS comes with the 10 speaker system. So I'm trying to find this rear view camera... But I can't find it ^^
In the US, the rear camera comes with either tech package (with or without nav), and both tech packages include the 10-speaker system. Keep in mind, however, that the rear view camera is also a stand-alone option (with a screen in the rear view mirror), albeit rarely chosen.
Old 03-01-15, 10:49 AM
Mutorcs
Rookie

Here in Europe, there is a "premium navigation pack" which comes with sat nav, rear view camera AND the 10 speaker system.
The simple "navigation pack" doesn't come with either the camera or the 10 speakers