CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

How do you like your CT200h? Need to hear from the owners instead of reviewers!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-16, 10:37 PM
DarkMastyr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2014 F-Sport, non-nav.

Pros: consistent gas mileage (~42 mpg), no major maintenance items yet, reasonably comfortable, backup camera in rear-view mirror works well.

Cons: occasional annoying rattle in rear roof that we can't track down, no actual pressure readout from TPMS system, unnecessarily bumpy ride given that the handling is still not that great for a supposed sport suspension (got the F-sport mainly for appearance & blue color), halogen headlamps in a supposed premium car, messy bluetooth integration, buttons on steering wheel feel a bit chintzy, and expected fuel range seems to change as a function of the tank fill (can start out with 450+ miles at a full tank, but starts registering 0 miles left after only 350 miles driven).

Overall a good car though. Good mileage and good premium feel for a hatchback.
Old 04-12-16, 05:02 AM
yeldogt
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The in-service date was when the car was first sold -- the warranty would be 4 year and 50k from that point ...How much do they want to CPO the car?
Old 04-13-16, 01:40 PM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I like my 2015 OK. I've had it for a year and a half, and will hit 10K miles soon. Obviously, I can't speak to reliability other than to note that it IS a Lexus. I prefer to drive my lovely wife's RX on the weekend, so the CT is the very definition of a commuter car that takes me to work and home. From a handling perspective, it's actually more fun to drive than I expected. I don't notice the lack of power too much on surface streets. The electric motor makes up for the lack of torque , so it can actually feel pretty lively. Especially in sport mode, which is why the sales people ALWAYS tell you to do the test drive in sport. I smiled when I read that your sales guy did it for you. That's pretty blatant. My only complaint is that it doesn't feel much like a Lexus, to me. It feels like exactly what it tries to be. A nice utility car. Unfortunately, even though I knew that when I bought it, I still miss having something a bit more special. The good news is that I know that's a "me" problem, not a "CT " problem, so I'm OK

My advice is to enjoy the handling and gas mileage, and deal with the lack of power. You won't notice it as much as you think you might.

Last edited by User 41924; 04-13-16 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-15-16, 12:18 PM
theboss252
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, I've owned mine for 15 days. Going into it I was a little skeptical coming from a turbocharged BMW and all the negative review's I read about the poor acceleration. But, I was looking for reliability (never will I own a BMW again ), quality, etc from Lexus. My wife owns a '14 IS350, so I know about Lexus quality.
I have been impressed with the acceleration in Sport mode. I've been driving around the city mainly in eco to tap the gas mileage (42-44 so far) so once you get a chance to switch it to sport, it's actually really peppy, compared to what the articles say.
The cabin is Lexus quality and the seats are comfortable. With both seats down in the back, you can actually haul around quite a bit of stuff.
I am so happy with my decision and really looking forward to the reliability/customer service experience you get with Lexus.
Old 04-17-16, 12:40 PM
yeldogt
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

theboss252: I'm not sure about this -- but with the Prius when in 'eco' the auto HVAC operation is modified for maximum efficiencies. I don't like the way it works when the weather is extreme -- hot or cold. I don't use the eco mode in either car -- if you notice the AC not working as you would .....like don't panic -- switch out of "eco".

I find the car very usable space wise ..... not sure you will see much of the Lexus service experience ... with 10k service intervals.
Old 04-18-16, 11:20 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Had my 2016 F-Sport since February. I have 1900 miles on it.

Installed RX350 Bi-Xenon the very next day. The sound system already sounded decent but I upgraded speakers, amp, subwoofer. Sounds very clear and loud now.

Installed F-Sport Blue springs. Handling is sharper and a tad firmer. It's great.

I zip around in sport mode much of the time. Car hangs out at indicated 41.1mpg and likes to stay there--consistent MPG.

I'm annoyed at some things. I may make a video review.

Like for example the moonroof seems like an after thought. It zeems budget/low rent how it pops up so high instead of sliding INTO the roof like my 15 year old BMW did. Also you can't one touch close the moon roof. You have to hold your finger there for it to close all the way--what year are we in again?

The moon roof cover is a bit rough/unfinished. The edges seem a bit frayed and rough. Nit picking here. But still.. it's a Lexus.

Upon extremely close visual inspection (i'm very picky) I found the rear left door to stick out maybe 1mm. I had to make adjustment to the striker to correct it. All other doors and panels are lined up perfectly. I did find a piece of dirt/dust under the factory paint on the passenger door. Bummer.

The paint seems to very prone to easily scratching. If you gently rub the paint with a microfiber and detailer spray lets say on a bug spot, you immediately see little scratches--very soft clear coat. So be VERY gentle when you wash/detail this car.

The AC blows too strong in its weakest setting. I find myself cycling it on/off due to too much air.

The door sounds cheap when slammed on accident, but feels and sounds solid when softly shutting it. If the window is opened when the door is shut, it rattles around and sounds cheap. My old BMW did not do this. I installed dynamat on the interior of the exterior door panel and it made a big difference. The door feels very solid now.

The car loses traction very easily if you accelerate in a turn. That's saying a lot with a 3300 lb 134 hp car.. whats going on here?

These are nitpicks. The car is still great and I love it. The quality and materoals is also very nice in most areas. The handling is great and the economy is stellar! Not bad for an entry level Lexus!
Old 04-20-16, 12:25 PM
xaznx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ct is a wonderful car. We originally were going to purchase a prius, but the looks kinda discouraged us. We had a beater civic that was very economical as a work or errand car as my wife and I both work retail and wanted something nice and fuel efficient as we commute a bit at the time. the Civic was coming up with 150k miles and so we got rid of it. Bought the ct and love it.. Car looks nice and sporty and its awesome to fill up when light is on with premium with 18-20$ for full tank that runs with around 400+ miles for a full tank. To be honest with you Its hard driving this car after taking the isf out as its super slow but in comparison to a 2013 civic as our other commuter car, the ct drives so much nicer. The original tires lasted 48k miles and just got them replaced. Oil changes I do myself and uses I think 5 qts of oil, in comparison to 10 qts in the isf. and have had no problems at all with this car. I would definitely purchase another ct, only thing I would do different is to spend a few more and get the f sport version. which to my understanding is only cosmetic. But thats my 2 cents. Hope this helps.
Old 04-21-16, 08:20 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

You said IT!!!! It is an entry level Lexus. Even with "its entry level faults", the CT200H is still way nicer than a Pruis or Civic or anything similar. Of course, one can not compare the CT200H to something like a BMW or MB or Audi. The CT200H is built on a different philosophy/thinking in mind. Even within the same brand, the Lexus RC-F, for example is a lot different versus the CT200H. Each model is aimed at a different group of buyers /drivers/purposes.

Originally Posted by E46CT
Had my 2016 F-Sport since February. I have 1900 miles on it.

Installed RX350 Bi-Xenon the very next day. The sound system already sounded decent but I upgraded speakers, amp, subwoofer. Sounds very clear and loud now.

Installed F-Sport Blue springs. Handling is sharper and a tad firmer. It's great.

I zip around in sport mode much of the time. Car hangs out at indicated 41.1mpg and likes to stay there--consistent MPG.

I'm annoyed at some things. I may make a video review.

Like for example the moonroof seems like an after thought. It zeems budget/low rent how it pops up so high instead of sliding INTO the roof like my 15 year old BMW did. Also you can't one touch close the moon roof. You have to hold your finger there for it to close all the way--what year are we in again?

The moon roof cover is a bit rough/unfinished. The edges seem a bit frayed and rough. Nit picking here. But still.. it's a Lexus.

Upon extremely close visual inspection (i'm very picky) I found the rear left door to stick out maybe 1mm. I had to make adjustment to the striker to correct it. All other doors and panels are lined up perfectly. I did find a piece of dirt/dust under the factory paint on the passenger door. Bummer.

The paint seems to very prone to easily scratching. If you gently rub the paint with a microfiber and detailer spray lets say on a bug spot, you immediately see little scratches--very soft clear coat. So be VERY gentle when you wash/detail this car.

The AC blows too strong in its weakest setting. I find myself cycling it on/off due to too much air.

The door sounds cheap when slammed on accident, but feels and sounds solid when softly shutting it. If the window is opened when the door is shut, it rattles around and sounds cheap. My old BMW did not do this. I installed dynamat on the interior of the exterior door panel and it made a big difference. The door feels very solid now.

The car loses traction very easily if you accelerate in a turn. That's saying a lot with a 3300 lb 134 hp car.. whats going on here?

These are nitpicks. The car is still great and I love it. The quality and materoals is also very nice in most areas. The handling is great and the economy is stellar! Not bad for an entry level Lexus!
Old 06-14-16, 10:45 AM
gymjenkie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to "borrow" this thread hehe... I am trying to decide to trade in my 2014 is250 f sport package with navigation & blind spot assist ... for either a 2016 CT200h f sport with navigation OR a 2016 Audi A3 E-Tron, lease for 36 months though.

I've had the 2010 Toyota Prius for like 4 years before my sister stole it from me, then I had the 2015 Honda Accord Coupe, then 2015 Honda Civic Coupe, and now a 2014 Lexus is250, so I've had my share with driving a hybrid to a 4 cylinder and currently a V6.

Both cars' monthly payment is the same, so I am having the hardest time deciding!

From what I read in the previous posts, the CT doesn't sound too bad. I mean I did have the Prius before and same engine so I'm assuming the acceleration is the same. As for the Audi, I've never owned a car german or American made car, so no clue on that whatsoever :/
Old 06-15-16, 12:54 PM
jbny
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lease = German Car
Buy = Japanese (Lexus/Acura)

Don't know much about E Tron but Audi lately have had a good run with reliability, friend of mine bought an S3 and it's been good for a year or so, go ahead and lease the German car , it's the safest way to switch.

I bought a CPO late 2013 ct200h F sport and have been pretty happy with it, it looks fast standing still but slowwwwwww enough to cause me to get into an accident if i don't shift from eco to sports mode on a ramp, but i consistently get 48-50 mpg.
Old 06-18-16, 07:55 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

The CT200H is built on a different philosophy/thinking in mind.
Yes....namely, reliability. None of the German 3 can give you that,