CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

CT-200h Info and Locations

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-16, 11:45 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default CT-200h Info and Locations

I'd prefer to talk to someone who actually owns one vs going to a dealership if possible. I have been interested in this car for a while and spotted one in my favorite color combo for sale (White/Saddle).
Is there anyone in Jacksonville FL on these boards who has this car that wouldn't mind me 'test driving' to see how it feels? Perhaps tell me how the car works out for them. I have for the most part seen nothing but positive things said for this car, but how does it operate on long trips? I understand the powertrain is pretty much a prius system, so even if they car I'm looking at has 105K miles, how would you say that effects the battery? How is the fit and feel of the car. Powerwise I'm sure I'll feel it lacking (coming from a GS430), but I've driven my cousins HS250 (BLEGH DESIGN), and assume that the CT handles and feels somewhat similar to that car.

I didn't post this in the FL thread as this thread pertains mostly to the CT. But I reiterate if there are any Jacksonville FL owners on here with this car, I would appreciate any info on them and letting me take a look in person. Thanks!
Old 09-19-16, 12:52 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

As I remembered when I test drove both the HS and the CT back on 2012 -2013 year....... the HS had better power, but less mpg. I think the HS had a bigger engine. I think the HS did not sell well bc of its lower mpg and higher cost. I think thd HS is still selling in Japan/Asia markets.

Originally Posted by Jewcano
I'd prefer to talk to someone who actually owns one vs going to a dealership if possible. I have been interested in this car for a while and spotted one in my favorite color combo for sale (White/Saddle).
Is there anyone in Jacksonville FL on these boards who has this car that wouldn't mind me 'test driving' to see how it feels? Perhaps tell me how the car works out for them. I have for the most part seen nothing but positive things said for this car, but how does it operate on long trips? I understand the powertrain is pretty much a prius system, so even if they car I'm looking at has 105K miles, how would you say that effects the battery? How is the fit and feel of the car. Powerwise I'm sure I'll feel it lacking (coming from a GS430), but I've driven my cousins HS250 (BLEGH DESIGN), and assume that the CT handles and feels somewhat similar to that car.

I didn't post this in the FL thread as this thread pertains mostly to the CT. But I reiterate if there are any Jacksonville FL owners on here with this car, I would appreciate any info on them and letting me take a look in person. Thanks!

Last edited by lexusrus; 09-20-16 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-19-16, 01:27 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Originally Posted by lexusrus
As I remembered when I test drove both the HS and the CT back on 2012 -2013 year....... the HS had better power, but less mpg. I think the HS had a bigger engine. I think the HS did not sell well bc of its lower mph and higher cost. I think thd HS is still selling in Japan/Asia markets.
Just looked it up, you're right. HS250H had a 2.4L vs a 1.8L in the CT. I used to have a 1.8L in my previous Sentra, and that thing felt highly anemic. Curious about real world applications with the CT however if they were able to pull more power from it, or if it also feels as 'sluggish' as my old Sentra did.
Old 09-19-16, 04:05 AM
gshadow325
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

My CT is in the body shop because a lady did not want to stop for a stop sign. Now I get to drive a Chrysler 200.

Not that you're comparing a 200 to the CT, I'm giving you what I like about the CT vs this car.

Long drives, I can't stand the commute of 20. Not sure how I'd do with 10k in 4 months in the 200. CT has lumbar support. Seats are narrower than the 200. Mine at 50k feels new to me vs this 200 at 30k feels like it is falling apart.

CT drives smooth, acceleration is smooth. No feeling of shifting or revving up to match gearing.

We have a few cars in the driveway. 2016 VW GTI, 2003 4 runner, 2001 volvo c70 convertible and a 1995 previa. Long trips, depending on the load it's a toss up between the previa or CT believe it or not, For comfort.

Only two complaints with the CT
-passenger seat is very low with no adjustability when it's a manual
- No rear cup holders! I bought a center console from Amazon for $25 to fix that!
Old 09-19-16, 06:37 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,172 Likes on 1,000 Posts

I would think you may be able to find a used one closer via www.cars.com or www.autotrader.com

Drive a same model year Prius with the 1.8 for a feel of engine power as that is what is in the CT.

I had a CT for 2 years and the mileage is great, power anemic and I felt the engine loud when trying to accelerate to keep up with traffic as that is the nature of the 1.8. Seats are great but low and yes the passenger one has no adjustments. I had an F Sport SE so cannot comment on the regular suspension ride. It was the low passenger seat and bad F Sport SE ride that made my wife complain enough that we replaced it with an HS250h as our commuter car.
Old 09-19-16, 06:56 AM
gshadow325
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Clutchless
I would think you may be able to find a used one closer via www.cars.com or www.autotrader.com

Drive a same model year Prius with the 1.8 for a feel of engine power as that is what is in the CT.

I had a CT for 2 years and the mileage is great, power anemic and I felt the engine loud when trying to accelerate to keep up with traffic as that is the nature of the 1.8. Seats are great but low and yes the passenger one has no adjustments. I had an F Sport SE so cannot comment on the regular suspension ride. It was the low passenger seat and bad F Sport SE ride that made my wife complain enough that we replaced it with an HS250h as our commuter car.
I install 70 sq ft of soundskins sound dampener in the doors(dual layer on inner and outer skins), floor and cargo floor to kill the noise. Kill it, it did!

Is there a power passenger seat option on these cars that allow for the height to be adjusted?

I am trying to resist the urge to lower the car for fear of killing the ride. only suspension mod i'm doing is RPF1's that is 15.5# hopefully this will get me into the 40's for MPG
Old 09-19-16, 09:01 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

So the front passenger seat has 0 adjustments period?! No leaning forward or back for the headrest, no up or down for the seat cushion, no lumbar, nothing? Why would they cheap out that much?

But good information here folks, I appreciate it. Keep it up. So far it sounds like the car MIGHT be a tad too weak, which is a shame imo . I did feel the HS250H was 'weaker' in power but it had ample power for daily driving.
Old 09-19-16, 10:28 AM
gshadow325
Pit Crew

It just doesn't go higher or lower.
Old 09-19-16, 10:32 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

^Ah so it's fixed level for passenger only? But it does lean back/forward, move back/forward, and lumbar correct?
Old 09-19-16, 11:01 AM
jeepguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Ah so it's fixed level for passenger only? But it does lean back/forward, move back/forward, and lumbar correct?

yes, they just didnt include a motor to save weight. no lumbar on the passenger side
Old 09-19-16, 11:11 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Originally Posted by jeepguy
yes, they just didnt include a motor to save weight. no lumbar on the passenger side
Gotcha gotcha, that's not too bad of an issue to be honest.
Old 09-19-16, 12:10 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to carmax and test drive one.
Old 09-20-16, 01:01 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Power Passenger seat moves back and front. Seat back moves front and back. No lumber.

We like our CT. For a commuter car, it is great . Suspension handles very tight and nice.

Low cost to operate.

Gotcha gotcha, that's not too bad of an issue to be honest.
Old 09-20-16, 07:11 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Originally Posted by irondonkey
go to carmax and test drive one.
Checked my local area, none that I see that are within range. Plus I looked the prices, and their no haggle prices are through the roof....nowhere near 'fair market value'.
Originally Posted by lexusrus
Power Passenger seat moves back and front. Seat back moves front and back. No lumber.

We like our CT. For a commuter car, it is great . Suspension handles very tight and nice.

Low cost to operate.
And this is the general consensus I'm hearing. Low cost sounds great, good fuel economy, comfortable. The only thing that has me on edge is that 1.8 if I wanna jump back into an anemic car. I'll have to find one locally to test drive to see how it feels again.
Old 09-20-16, 10:24 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,172 Likes on 1,000 Posts

gshadow325 - I did install sound deadening in the CT200h. I did the paint on stuff on the fenders behind the felt pads and installed Raamat everywhere behind the front seats and in the doors. It did make a big difference. We ultimately got rid of it because it was so low and the front passenger seat had no adjustments and my wife had hip pain she blamed on the low fixed seat. After getting the HS250h with higher adjustable seats, she no longer has the hip pain! Happy wife, happy husband!

Quick Reply: CT-200h Info and Locations