CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

2013 LED Headlamp problem (ISO current replacement info as well)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-17, 09:36 AM
cleantone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 LED Headlamp problem (ISO current replacement info as well)

Hi guys. Thanks for clicking. I'm hoping to tap the knowledge base. There are a lot of LED lamp discussions that are a few years old on the forum. I first wanted to bounce my situation off of you. I have a 2013 F Sport BTW. I'm second owner coming up on a year of ownership. During the winter I noticed my passenger headlight was not lit. I use the auto light feature by the way. When I forced the light on it slowly came on. I chalked it up to the cold morning. I've since seen it happen on occasion and forget to look into it. It now appears it will not light at all. Is this normal behavior for the LED lamp? I thought they were meant to last quite a while. No? Regardless I'm looking into replacements. I believe they are LED because they are very cool temp wise. I was a little surprised at how expensive some replacements can be. Does anyone have good recommendations for current H11 bulbs?
Old 04-06-17, 10:23 AM
nacke
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd stick with halogens to avoid problems for now, maybe leds will be problem free alternative in the future.
Old 04-06-17, 10:30 AM
Miamiboy87
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cleantone
Hi guys. Thanks for clicking. I'm hoping to tap the knowledge base. There are a lot of LED lamp discussions that are a few years old on the forum. I first wanted to bounce my situation off of you. I have a 2013 F Sport BTW. I'm second owner coming up on a year of ownership. During the winter I noticed my passenger headlight was not lit. I use the auto light feature by the way. When I forced the light on it slowly came on. I chalked it up to the cold morning. I've since seen it happen on occasion and forget to look into it. It now appears it will not light at all. Is this normal behavior for the LED lamp? I thought they were meant to last quite a while. No? Regardless I'm looking into replacements. I believe they are LED because they are very cool temp wise. I was a little surprised at how expensive some replacements can be. Does anyone have good recommendations for current H11 bulbs?
see if your halogens work on that side..if not, it may be a fuse. Try the other side LED on that side and see.
The following users liked this post:
cleantone (04-06-17)
Old 04-06-17, 10:35 AM
cleantone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Miamiboy87
see if your halogens work on that side..if not, it may be a fuse. Try the other side LED on that side and see.
That's probably worth a try. Thanks.
Old 04-06-17, 01:47 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Is this with the oem LED headlamp setup or the aftermarket led bulbs?
If it's aftermarket, definitely try swapping bulbs, it can be a fan issue (if not fan-less), or it could be a driver or the actual led chip itself.

If it's OEM, try using a multimeter and reading out the power and ground connects, see if there is a diagnosis there.