stock 2014 Lexus CT200h to VIP car

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-18, 01:12 PM
awkFishy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock 2014 Lexus CT200h to VIP car

Hello,

I'm really new to owning my 2014 Lexus CT200H, and I've always grown up around Hondas and only focusing on performance. So this is completely different for me to want to change my daily into a VIP car.

I don't really know anything at all when it comes to cosmetics.

So my questions would be for now are:

1. What are the wheel specs and what should I go with if I plan on bagging the car?
2. For when I do want to bag the car, do I get that done first or should I invest in the wheels first?
3. What best wheel companies would you suggest I check out in the SoCal area?
Old 03-31-18, 03:03 PM
squid808
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

First off congrats on your CT!
I would first look at other CTs to see different styles and base your idea off them. Next I suggest buying and installing your suspension wether bags or coilovers first. You don't want to buy wheels and then they won't fit after.
I can give you some ball park wheel specs depending on what setup you decide to go with (assuming air suspension):
Slammed and tucked front/back utilizing natural camber only: 18x9 +35-45 215/35/18 and 18x9.5 +25-35 215/35/18.
Flush lip to fender: 19x9.5 +38-45 215/35/19 and 19x9.5 +25-35 215/35/19.
Also check out the modded thread. There are a lot of nice cars there with wheel specs posted.
As for any car shops in your area I'm not sure because I don't live in cali, but Evasive Motorsports is located in cali and they are an authorized dealer for various JDM wheels.
The following 3 users liked this post by squid808:
awkFishy (03-31-18), chocolek (09-01-18), Miamiboy87 (04-02-18)
Old 03-31-18, 04:04 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by awkFishy
Hello,

I'm really new to owning my 2014 Lexus CT200H, and I've always grown up around Hondas and only focusing on performance. So this is completely different for me to want to change my daily into a VIP car.

I don't really know anything at all when it comes to cosmetics.

So my questions would be for now are:

1. What are the wheel specs and what should I go with if I plan on bagging the car?
2. For when I do want to bag the car, do I get that done first or should I invest in the wheels first?
3. What best wheel companies would you suggest I check out in the SoCal area?
It is really going to depend on whether you you want to go tucked, flush or cambered. squid808 gave you some good starting points for wheel specs. I wanted total tuck with mine, so I ran a square 19x8.5 +45 and got my wheels totally tucked under the wheel wheels. Wheels are going to be your preference, do you want JDM or new school, either way, just don't cheap out. My suggestion is go wheels first, but don't know how long you are going to take on this project and how much you have to spend.
The following users liked this post:
awkFishy (03-31-18)
Old 03-31-18, 04:11 PM
awkFishy
Driver School Candidate

Thank you @squid808 for pointing out the basics for me on that. That actually helps a lot. I used to follow a few VIP looking CTs on IG, and that's generally what I was basing off of my ideas, but I would search through their posts to see what they did & they generally didn't provide it so that's why I had to post the thread here with as very basic questions possible.
Old 03-31-18, 04:15 PM
awkFishy
Driver School Candidate

Thank you @oldwineguy ! I followed you on IG the moment I did get my CT & I truly like the way you fixed yours up along with how @fancyprius does his style.
It's my daily & it's my first project, so I plan on going on with it for as long as I possibly can. I'm still a student & freshly moved to CA on my own, so financing is a problem but I'd save up to do whatever I can. But in your response compared to @squid808 , you say to get the wheels first. That's where I guess I'm more confused at. Should I get the wheels first & then get my car lowered/bagged after to fit it in?
Old 04-01-18, 09:52 AM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by awkFishy
Thank you @oldwineguy ! I followed you on IG the moment I did get my CT & I truly like the way you fixed yours up along with how @fancyprius does his style.
It's my daily & it's my first project, so I plan on going on with it for as long as I possibly can. I'm still a student & freshly moved to CA on my own, so financing is a problem but I'd save up to do whatever I can. But in your response compared to @squid808 , you say to get the wheels first. That's where I guess I'm more confused at. Should I get the wheels first & then get my car lowered/bagged after to fit it in?
I have always done wheels first because I think it makes the biggest difference in the look of the car. I made the mistake of going spring first, then bags, but then there is a huge difference in cost, so it's tough just to jump into bags. @fancyprius followed me also and asked me alot of questions when he started modding his CT. He has a great car, we just had different styles. DM Roland on IG if you have VIP questions, he can answer your questions about his build.
Old 04-02-18, 02:03 PM
Miamiboy87
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm guessing it depends on how you want your setup.. these guys done it before so i'm assuming it won't matter. I plan on getting air in a couple of months. With that said, i'd want my wheel setup to be tucked but close to the wheel wheel, so i'd get wider wheels but I won't know by how much until I put bags first. If that makes sense why you would do air first. Running a squared setup (all same tire specs front and rear) close to stock, then you could get wheels first.

-Also, if it were me, i'd invest in the large price items first, that's up to you though.
Old 04-02-18, 02:31 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Miamiboy87
I'm guessing it depends on how you want your setup.. these guys done it before so i'm assuming it won't matter. I plan on getting air in a couple of months. With that said, i'd want my wheel setup to be tucked but close to the wheel wheel, so i'd get wider wheels but I won't know by how much until I put bags first. If that makes sense why you would do air first. Running a squared setup (all same tire specs front and rear) close to stock, then you could get wheels first.

-Also, if it were me, i'd invest in the large price items first, that's up to you though.
So are you saying you would do yours differently if you were to do over and get air first?
Old 04-02-18, 03:13 PM
Miamiboy87
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by oldwineguy
So are you saying you would do yours differently if you were to do over and get air first?
I have wheels now, but they are basically same as stock, only the offset changed by a couple of numbers. Tire sizes and rim remained the same. Going forward, I'd go with Air first only because I plan on going to 18's with wider wheels on front and rear.
Old 04-02-18, 08:37 PM
squid808
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah it seriously depends on the situation. Like if you plan to bang it out mod after mod where money is no issue I would go with suspension first, get it slammed and measure your wheel specs, then order wheels. This way you can get the damn perfect fitment you want with no headache.
If you on a budget and can't bang it out then wheels would be a good choice to start with so you can stand out from the crowd while you save up for the suspension. Or who knows, you might even be satisfied already lol.
Also would recommend getting adjustable lower arms for the rear and camber plates for the front. With these parts you would have a ton of control with fitment.