Navigation Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-18, 07:40 AM
Kiwijapan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Conversion

Hi there

my wife has a 2012 CT200h we bought new in Japan. We are planning to move to New Zealand in a month or two and we are wondering if there is a way to effectively update the navigation system to it works in New Zealand. Anyone every managed to convert the navigation on a Japan model CT to work in another country? Thanks for any advice!

i really want to take it with us but a waste if the navigation doesn’t work
Old 04-23-18, 09:47 AM
alphabeta1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dealership

Barring the import process discussion...it used to be that you could pop in a new dvd. However, with the HDD navigation it is a little more complicated.

#1. I see no reason that you can't call the closest dealers in A) Japan and ask to do this ahead of time and what the price would be and B) New Zealand and ask for a quote. - Go with the cheaper one.
If the answer is no, ask more questions...do new zealand maps for the ct200 exist? how many versions are there? how long do map updates take? what is the average dealer price?
(For example, for some reason a Jap dealership might not have updated New Zealand maps, but you could ask them to work with someone you've spoken with at the New Zealand dealership.)

#2. This might be something that some people do themselves by getting some sort of "Techstream" system on ebay *acquiring the updated New Zealand maps?
(Also, if the CT was not sold in New Zealand, other map software for a different model lexus that WAS sold in new zealand could *theoretically work, albeit with some possibly needed modifications. )

Here is more detail on what you are looking at. I think it generally applies to your situation. Hopefully this information can help guide a deliberate effort to get proper New Zealand maps.
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=192034