CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Questions about 2017 infotainment system and connecting a raspberry pi to it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-18, 10:09 AM
Dagobert69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about 2017 infotainment system and connecting a raspberry pi to it.

So I bought a 2017 model at an auction with low mileage that needed some minor repairs. I don't actually have the car with me at the moment, waiting for it to be repaired. I do have some questions though. Does USB audio work through an android phone at all? The other thing is, so I prefer to use Google Maps and if the car doesn't do audio android through USB, I'd like that as well. I think the car uses TomTom for GPS? That's just garbage.

So I was looking at getting a new head unit and since no one makes a dash kit for it, I would need to pay to get a custom one made. Which is when I came across Grom Audio's VLine device that connects to stock head unit screen and gives you the whole android system, it uses the CD button to switch to it. Problem is, it's 600$ for the newer model when it comes out. I don't even know how reliable it is. So then I thought about raspberry pi, odroid or anything similar. It's essentially the same thing as Grom Audio's VLine right? So I looked into it and people have done this but they've connected it to another touch screen. Do you think it's possible to connect it to the stock head unit screen and use the CD button to switch between systems? Can I still get steering wheen controls? I don't even know what type of connection the screen uses, proprietary? Hdmi?