No acceleration problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-18, 07:19 AM
Laith1988
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No acceleration problem

Greetings everyone.

​​I have a 2011, 56k miles ct200h. The car was parked outside in a hot day (36°C/96.8 F) for half an hour, returned back to the car and started it up with the a/c running too, drove for about 15 meters and sunddenly the car won't accelerate no matter how much throttle I gave. So I coasted my way to a safe stop and noticed the following :
*HV Battery was on 1 pink/purple bar.
*ICE was running strange and loud with a bit of vibration.
*No warning lights on the dashboard.
So I turned off the a/c, waited for the HV battery to charge to 3 bars and then I switched the car off and started it again. Car drove pretty well after that.
When I got back home, I ran an ECU scan and there are no fault codes stored in the ECU. I also checked the inverter coolant when in "Ready" mode, the coolant is bubbling inside the reservoir, so I guess the pump is working properly.

It's worth noting that the car started (since 7 months) to show some slugginesh in acceleration for seconds and would go back normal when the ICE kicks in. Also, HV battery would drain pretty fast in moderate acceleration.
I'm suspecting that my HV battery is worn or starting to worn off.
Any insights ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-18, 02:36 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

If your hybrid batteries are having issues, then shouldn't you be seeing some warning lights on the dash display?

Originally Posted by Laith1988
Greetings everyone.

​​I have a 2011, 56k miles ct200h. The car was parked outside in a hot day (36°C/96.8 F) for half an hour, returned back to the car and started it up with the a/c running too, drove for about 15 meters and sunddenly the car won't accelerate no matter how much throttle I gave. So I coasted my way to a safe stop and noticed the following :
*HV Battery was on 1 pink/purple bar.
*ICE was running strange and loud with a bit of vibration.
*No warning lights on the dashboard.
So I turned off the a/c, waited for the HV battery to charge to 3 bars and then I switched the car off and started it again. Car drove pretty well after that.
When I got back home, I ran an ECU scan and there are no fault codes stored in the ECU. I also checked the inverter coolant when in "Ready" mode, the coolant is bubbling inside the reservoir, so I guess the pump is working properly.

It's worth noting that the car started (since 7 months) to show some slugginesh in acceleration for seconds and would go back normal when the ICE kicks in. Also, HV battery would drain pretty fast in moderate acceleration.
I'm suspecting that my HV battery is worn or starting to worn off.
Any insights ?

Thanks in advance.