On the hunt for a CT200h

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-19, 04:21 PM
bobaaaaa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the hunt for a CT200h

HI ClubLexus Community,

Currently driving a Honda Integra Type S (K20Z1) lightly modified, looking to sell up- (hard decision, as I've owned the car for about 8 years; very emotionally attached)

In the market for a pre facelift CT200h F Sport, what are some things I should be looking out for with these cars?

Looking to build it up to a cool looking lux/daily. Not concerned about performance at all.

Thanks in advance, look forward to sharing my journey!

Cheers

Last edited by bobaaaaa; 01-20-19 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-20-19, 05:03 PM
BrettKA7
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Having leased one from 2013-2015, a must for me would be the navigation system. The non-nav is so bad that I exited my lease just to get away from the crappy little green radio screen. The non-nav interface would be a deal breaker if I were looking for one now.

A must for for me is also F Sport for the cosmetic upgrades but you and I may like different things - from what I can gather the F Sport has a firmer suspension.
Old 01-20-19, 05:10 PM
bobaaaaa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BrettKA7
Having leased one from 2013-2015, a must for me would be the navigation system. The non-nav is so bad that I exited my lease just to get away from the crappy little green radio screen. The non-nav interface would be a deal breaker if I were looking for one now.

A must for for me is also F Sport for the cosmetic upgrades but you and I may like different things - from what I can gather the F Sport has a firmer suspension.
Thanks for your feedback BrettKA7. Definitely looking for one with navigation. F sport or nothing ATM, although it's quite hard to find one with a sunroof (another must).
Old 01-21-19, 07:34 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Models prior to 2014 (facelift year) have the older intake manifold design which is said to help exacerbate headgasket failures. Lexus also made over 90 changes to make the car more quieter and refined for 2014. Revised suspension and increased structural rigidity including with extra welding and new structural adhesives (in addition to structural safety enhancements for 2015+ MY) I think there are other small changes as well. I forget. You may want to read up on some of the engine threads. I would honestly go for the 2014 if possible. Many revisions and designs from the engine to the structure of the car. I was going to go for a high mileage 2011 at first but then just decided to go for a 2015 as it included all the above PLUS the enhanced structure over the already enhanced 2014 MY.
Old 01-21-19, 10:46 AM
Dan41510
Driver School Candidate

First of all I would not buy the pre facelift CT. You're going to have this car for a while so might as well pay a little extra for an f sport. i just bought a 2016 f sport 2 weeks ago. I regret not buying the 2016 special edition with the red and black interior/black rims and fully package. The only reason didn't buy it is because I have a German Shepherd who drools like no tomorrow and I also saved about 2k (about 40 dollars a month.) However I would also look for a certified pre-owned ct and low mileage 20-30k miles. Navigation and the sunroof where not a deal breaker for me. (I use my phone for navigation with a mount that's my personal preference and the car has Bluetooth.) However, the only deal breaker for me would be high mileage. The F package is also must. Some also come with no power seats to the passenger side (look out for that.) Also remember to negotiate the price of your warranty and if possible the car price. I live in the Bay area and went down to a Lexus delearship in Los Angeles. So I also wouldn't stick to a local delearship that won't negotiate.

Last edited by Dan41510; 01-21-19 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-21-19, 02:12 PM
bobaaaaa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by E46CT
Models prior to 2014 (facelift year) have the older intake manifold design which is said to help exacerbate headgasket failures. Lexus also made over 90 changes to make the car more quieter and refined for 2014. Revised suspension and increased structural rigidity including with extra welding and new structural adhesives (in addition to structural safety enhancements for 2015+ MY) I think there are other small changes as well. I forget. You may want to read up on some of the engine threads. I would honestly go for the 2014 if possible. Many revisions and designs from the engine to the structure of the car. I was going to go for a high mileage 2011 at first but then just decided to go for a 2015 as it included all the above PLUS the enhanced structure over the already enhanced 2014 MY.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to upgrade the suspension as soon as I buy the car so the suspension upgrades won't matter as much although the increased structural rigidity would be nice.

I'm trying to keep this build to a budget, just so I can have a nice and clean daily. I'm looking for something different after all the years of exhaust drone and boy racer (not a bad thing) lifestyle.
Old 01-21-19, 02:19 PM
bobaaaaa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dan41510
First of all I would not buy the pre facelift CT. You're going to have this car for a while so might as well pay a little extra for an f sport. i just bought a 2016 f sport 2 weeks ago. I regret not buying the 2016 special edition with the red and black interior/black rims and fully package. The only reason didn't buy it is because I have a German Shepherd who drools like no tomorrow and I also saved about 2k (about 40 dollars a month.) However I would also look for a certified pre-owned ct and low mileage 20-30k miles. Navigation and the sunroof where not a deal breaker for me. (I use my phone for navigation with a mount that's my personal preference and the car has Bluetooth.) However, the only deal breaker for me would be high mileage. The F package is also must. Some also come with no power seats to the passenger side (look out for that.) Also remember to negotiate the price of your warranty and if possible the car price. I live in the Bay area and went down to a Lexus delearship in Los Angeles. So I also wouldn't stick to a local delearship that won't negotiate.
I would always prefer the top spec, however I'm trying to leave some coin aside for some modifications. Definitely not looking to keep this one stock.

I have noticed some F sport models don't have the electric seats or a sunroof. Luckily in Australia all models with F sport models come with navigation and a different front/ rear bumper.

Lets see where this takes me.
Old 01-21-19, 02:32 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

I hear you. I love flying under the radar in a mostly stock looking, quiet, high riding CT.

Also tired of thinking about my next car maintenance project. I can just ride the CT and all I have to worry about is gas and an oil change once a year. Also just so you know this car rides hard stock. if you plan on lowering it, it will be unbearbly stiff.
Old 01-22-19, 02:43 AM
bobaaaaa
Driver School Candidate

I hear you. I love flying under the radar in a mostly stock looking, quiet, high riding CT.

Also tired of thinking about my next car maintenance project. I can just ride the CT and all I have to worry about is gas and an oil change once a year. Also just so you know this car rides hard stock. if you plan on lowering it, it will be unbearbly stiff.
There's just something about it, hovering around in a very quiet luxury-mobile. The first time I ever drove a CT200h was when one of my family members got one for a courtesy car during a scheduled service at Lexus. Although it was a base model, the principles remained the same.
Old 01-22-19, 08:10 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bobaaaaa
There's just something about it, hovering around in a very quiet luxury-mobile. The first time I ever drove a CT200h was when one of my family members got one for a courtesy car during a scheduled service at Lexus. Although it was a base model, the principles remained the same.
i wouldn't exactly call it luxury... the ES is barely *near* luxury. GS and up are luxury. CT is premium economy =D it's the size of a corolla hatchback. but barely. barely bigger than a Prius C.
Old 01-22-19, 02:23 PM
bobaaaaa
Driver School Candidate

i wouldn't exactly call it luxury... the ES is barely *near* luxury. GS and up are luxury. CT is premium economy =D it's the size of a corolla hatchback. but barely. barely bigger than a Prius C.
Yeh understand, Luxury on the grand scheme of things it is not. Coming from an Integra it's a whole new world. Not that the Integra is bad, just different.
Old 01-22-19, 03:23 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

it's probably the only small car i've been in where i don't feel like i'm going to die if someone hits me. (not that i would rule it out) but at least it doesn't feel like it lol.
Old 01-23-19, 12:37 PM
chargerfan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bobaaaaa
I would always prefer the top spec, however I'm trying to leave some coin aside for some modifications. Definitely not looking to keep this one stock.
may I ask, what mods you have planned for it?
Old 01-23-19, 04:33 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 224 Likes on 125 Posts

What market are you in, boba? Here in the US, moonroofs were standard across the board until what, 2015 or 2016?

Also, there is a package that gives you everything you get with navigation, minus the navigation software, touch controller, and some app suites. It's called the Display Audio Package, and you can identify it by finding the navigation screen, but without the remote touch controller. Instead, it will have a rotary dial controller.
Old 01-24-19, 09:56 PM
bobaaaaa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chargerfan
may I ask, what mods you have planned for it?
Pretty simple stuff, LED bulbs all around, BC BR coilovers, wheels (not sure on brand and specs yet), visors, tint (5% rears and 25% fronts) if not already tinted and that's about it tbh.

Quick Reply: On the hunt for a CT200h