CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

adding a new audio system to a CT ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-19, 04:08 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Default adding a new audio system to a CT ?

Hi so i have done some google searching and the onlyt hing i have found is back in 2011 someone took their CT to a custom shop and had navigation double dinn aftermarket added to their car
but not found anything else at all.
i am wondering have they come up with anyting has anyone any info on any systems that have been made to fit in the CT ? i am thinkign about a CT but a few that i like i have seen dont have factoyr navigation and thats a deal breaker for me i need a built in navigation system
if no one has why is that ? is it becuase there just is not enough depth in the dash area where the factory radio is ?
Old 03-08-19, 12:11 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,641 Posts

The navigation in the CT is a dinosaur from the 1950s. why do you need to have it? It's a worse foundation for a custom system because it has an external amp with filtered signals. you'd have to spend some serious coin and time rigging something up.

the space where the radio goes is awkward and without fabricating something totally custom, anything you stuff in there won't look right and will be awkward to access. the CT isn't too popular of a car to begin with so you won't find many who have went totally custom
Old 03-09-19, 12:26 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
The navigation in the CT is a dinosaur from the 1950s. why do you need to have it? It's a worse foundation for a custom system because it has an external amp with filtered signals. you'd have to spend some serious coin and time rigging something up.

the space where the radio goes is awkward and without fabricating something totally custom, anything you stuff in there won't look right and will be awkward to access. the CT isn't too popular of a car to begin with so you won't find many who have went totsally custom
so the nav doesn't match quality of the other same year vehciles like the 2014 ES and 2015 RX and NX that i have driven have decent navigations units so a 2015 ct would not have a quality navigation ?

i just don't use phone navigation i wont put anything in the window other than the rearview mirror i drive in places where its insane but yes they will pull you over for having a gps or phone mount in your window and ticket you. and i have had those handheld units before and more often a car i have owned has been broken into to have the garmin window unit stollen but no one has ever broken into my cars with navigation oem so for me its a must have feature i wont live withou because i drive 50k a year at the least and i use the GPS all the time
Old 04-29-19, 07:24 AM
maxchlin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An Android based system just released early this yea that seems very promising. Still trying to get more info out of this China-based company. Will report back.
Old 04-29-19, 10:03 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Even the Navi from 2019 Lexus is slow and clunky. takes forever to enter a dest. better than before but still clunky. Up to you.

the best ones i use mirror your phone screen. like a 2018 M240i i tested out. just enter your destination when stopped and it goes on your screen. think of your phone as just a input tool.

also those android ones just get directions and apps up on a screen but do nothing for audio quality. you still need decent pre-amp signals.