CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

What are the headlights and seat options for the CT200H?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-19, 03:53 PM
b2884987
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What are the headlights and seat options for the CT200H?

I saw some CTs with half cut DRLs and some CTs with full lined DRLs. When I went to the dealer, there was only one CT in their inventory with leather option.

Which CT model would get you the option of full lined DRLs and the leather seats (not leatherette)?

Bonus question: Is the leather option in the CT rare?
Old 07-28-19, 08:26 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 224 Likes on 125 Posts

Leather is an option, but some packages force you into leather. This is based on my 2014, not sure how newer ones have changed, if any.

Full-lined DRLs are only on cars with the LED headlight option. It was a stand-alone option that is extremely rare, as most dealers didn't bother ordering them. The few cars that have them are usually custom-ordered cars by customers (like me!).
Old 07-29-19, 07:42 AM
yeldogt
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Leather was part of the "luxury package" ... it came with memory control for the seats and mirrors. Also added auto dimming to the outside mirrors.

LED headlights was a stand alone option.

Lexus used a tiered system for most of the options. The base car was NuLuxe interior .... all the base ones I looked at had the first level option package "seat comfort package" : heated front's and power passenger. Those cars all seem to have another stand alone option: The dimming mirror with backup camera --since no nav display in dash. My dealer had 25 of them -- we bought two for the company.

The premium package was next -- only important thing was the wipers. Luxury was after.

IMO -- they had too many packages for the cars. All the cars should have come with the wipers. Since the base car had no display -- just a quick look inside could be confusing as they sold a display package with upgraded radio w/o NAV.

They sold the F Sport with and w/o leather package.

Parking assist as well as pre collision/radar cruise were stand alone.

When I was looking at 15's -- I could only find one w/ LED and it was a high optioned car w/o F Sport. My dealer sold many of the base like mine -- the car got too expensive. At 37k -- it was way overpriced. People bought something else.

If you can find a high optioned car at a decent price .. that's the one to buy. Typically options don't add much in the used market .. especially the older they get. They only thing I will say about the NuLux .. it's actually very nice and you can not kill it. It's like MB tex -- the MB vinyl ... many prefer it to leather. Both of our cars are black with the two tone black/tan interior .. very comfortable seats.

One thing I did do to both of them was change out the fog lights -- I don't know why Lexus did this. The CT has really cheap plastic fog light w/ H16 (I think that's the number) bulbs -- they are worthless. Our Gen 3 Prius use the same looking light -- except it's larger and glass and blue to take a full 50w bulb.

Any upgraded fog for the Prius will fit the CT .. I used a projection driving light aimed low. No lining and its much better on country roads around me with deer.
Old 07-29-19, 07:49 PM
b2884987
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Raidin
Leather is an option, but some packages force you into leather. This is based on my 2014, not sure how newer ones have changed, if any.

Full-lined DRLs are only on cars with the LED headlight option. It was a stand-alone option that is extremely rare, as most dealers didn't bother ordering them. The few cars that have them are usually custom-ordered cars by customers (like me!).
How did you custom order it? Did you buy the part from Lexus and installed it yourself?

Originally Posted by yeldogt
Leather was part of the "luxury package" ... it came with memory control for the seats and mirrors. Also added auto dimming to the outside mirrors.

LED headlights was a stand alone option.

Lexus used a tiered system for most of the options. The base car was NuLuxe interior .... all the base ones I looked at had the first level option package "seat comfort package" : heated front's and power passenger. Those cars all seem to have another stand alone option: The dimming mirror with backup camera --since no nav display in dash. My dealer had 25 of them -- we bought two for the company.

The premium package was next -- only important thing was the wipers. Luxury was after.

IMO -- they had too many packages for the cars. All the cars should have come with the wipers. Since the base car had no display -- just a quick look inside could be confusing as they sold a display package with upgraded radio w/o NAV.

They sold the F Sport with and w/o leather package.

Parking assist as well as pre collision/radar cruise were stand alone.

When I was looking at 15's -- I could only find one w/ LED and it was a high optioned car w/o F Sport. My dealer sold many of the base like mine -- the car got too expensive. At 37k -- it was way overpriced. People bought something else.

If you can find a high optioned car at a decent price .. that's the one to buy. Typically options don't add much in the used market .. especially the older they get. They only thing I will say about the NuLux .. it's actually very nice and you can not kill it. It's like MB tex -- the MB vinyl ... many prefer it to leather. Both of our cars are black with the two tone black/tan interior .. very comfortable seats.

One thing I did do to both of them was change out the fog lights -- I don't know why Lexus did this. The CT has really cheap plastic fog light w/ H16 (I think that's the number) bulbs -- they are worthless. Our Gen 3 Prius use the same looking light -- except it's larger and glass and blue to take a full 50w bulb.

Any upgraded fog for the Prius will fit the CT .. I used a projection driving light aimed low. No lining and its much better on country roads around me with deer.
Does the NuLux leather have ventilated seats and memory control?

Did you change the whole fog light housing from a Prius to a CT? Or did you just changed the bulb itself?
Old 07-30-19, 08:12 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,641 Posts

In this era, I wouldn't go ga-ga for the LED option if there are better cars available at better prices. In other words, don't pay a lot extra just for the stock LEDs. These appear to be (very likely) the same units as inside the early 3rd gen prius with the LED option. They are a first generation LED system. Which means their performance is dismal at best. Lots of foreground and no distance. I remember road tripping in my friend's new Prius w/ the LED option (also rare for the prius) and we couldn't see jack. had to use the high beams most of the trip (deserted road)

2nd gen was a little bit better

And now we're on 3rd gen tech. they keep getting better and better.

So yes they'll work and yes you'll have light. but i wouldn't necessarily think you're in the same league as today's cars w/ LEDs in terms of performance.

also you burn a driver or on board chip set on one of those bad boys, they're $2,000 a piece at Lexus or $1,300 a piece used on eBay (if you can find them)

as a used car thats meant to be low cost and low maintenance, i'd personally stay away from proprietary special lights and don't offer that much in the way of performance to begin with.

brand new sure. but these cars are out of warranty now (except for the newer ones)
Old 07-30-19, 11:03 AM
yeldogt
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by b2884987
How did you custom order it? Did you buy the part from Lexus and installed it yourself?

Does the NuLux leather have ventilated seats and memory control?

Did you change the whole fog light housing from a Prius to a CT? Or did you just changed the bulb itself?
No -- when you get the leather package it also comes with the memory package. The leather is not an active ventilated seat -- just perforated on the seating surface.

Whole light changed .... The OE Valeo for the Prius are available for around $100 set. Glass lens with larger housing. I went with driving light style. The OE light assembly for the CT is all plastic and can only take the smaller bulb. The switch out is easy .. it's harder to remove all the plastic clips to get to where the light is vs switching them out.
Old 07-25-22, 03:19 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 778 Likes on 482 Posts

Old thread but figured I'd ask about fog lights.

Has anyone changed out their fog lights to OEM Toyota LED fog lights? Are they worth the upgrade?

Thanks,
-Nigel