CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Courier CT hits 500,000 mile milestone

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-19, 09:12 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,621 Posts

How did I miss your pictures. Looking good. I love the patina its got on it (dirt wise). it shows you really use this thing. You should pull the front bumper one of these days and clean /scrub the radiator and condenser and remove all debris and leaves. There's probably quite a bit of stuff in there! Tooth brush and soap and water on the radiator fins
The following users liked this post:
Raidin (11-11-19)
Old 11-10-19, 11:16 AM
Gvandagrif
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here

Was researching for awhile on a “new” car purchase and ran across the CT200H by accident while looking at another car. Bought a 2012 with the F-Sport and premium options with 143k on it. This thread gives me hope that the decision was as good s as I hoped it to be
Old 11-11-19, 08:23 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 219 Likes on 124 Posts

Uploading pictures from my friend who detailed my car for me:

This is before the detail job.

Old 11-11-19, 08:37 AM
Raidin
Advanced

And these are after the detail job:

The following 5 users liked this post by Raidin:
4Rfor4 (01-15-20), Khaotic (11-15-19), TobiasSing (12-09-20), Trexus (11-16-19), vrsantana (04-17-21)
Old 11-11-19, 12:44 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great, particularly the inside, nearly zero wear for half a million miles. Your rear wheel liner is coming off. Did you hit something? prior rear bumper pulled off before? minor, can push it back in with your fingers =)

Paint looks great too and some wear is expected. you could use a polish though, preferably with a machine. It'll add 3 notches of depth. you can tell where your paint has a slight white/cloudy haze to it (i have eagle eyes) but over all it looks really good all things considered.

the engine bay is clean too. i need to do mine. need to get to a pressure washer one of these days.

What are the current nagging issues? any noises or vibrations or all solved?

My steering wheel trim squeaks as i turn the wheel, (need to pull the steering wheel off one day and wrap the trim tabs with insulating tape)

My front strut or strut mount makes a creaking sound if i go over bumps with the wheel turned at full lock (rare) but enough to be annoying.

Other than that mine is good. Nearing 50,000 miles.

Also notice how our engine bays are sealed at all four sides. Most cars don't get that treatment. We also have seals at the front doors at the B pillars.

We are missing some seals at some point though. And i'm trying to address this in a cheap new fun DIY coming soon. (if all goes well)

Last edited by E46CT; 11-11-19 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-12-19, 09:16 AM
Miamiboy87
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks great. Who's gold wheels in the back is that for the CT?
Old 11-12-19, 10:08 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

whose*

that looks a bit big for a CT...
Old 11-12-19, 02:14 PM
daddiojigg
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

E46: you were right the first time-- who's.

My bet is that those wheels are for the golf on the road. possibly the Audi but definitely for the guy who has that awesome garage(detailer?)

I stand corrected: whose is for possession

Last edited by daddiojigg; 11-12-19 at 02:17 PM. Reason: content
Old 11-13-19, 08:01 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Originally Posted by E46CT
Looks great, particularly the inside, nearly zero wear for half a million miles. Your rear wheel liner is coming off. Did you hit something? prior rear bumper pulled off before? minor, can push it back in with your fingers =)

Paint looks great too and some wear is expected. you could use a polish though, preferably with a machine. It'll add 3 notches of depth. you can tell where your paint has a slight white/cloudy haze to it (i have eagle eyes) but over all it looks really good all things considered.

the engine bay is clean too. i need to do mine. need to get to a pressure washer one of these days.

What are the current nagging issues? any noises or vibrations or all solved?
Originally Posted by Miamiboy87
Looks great. Who's gold wheels in the back is that for the CT?
Originally Posted by daddiojigg
My bet is that those wheels are for the golf on the road. possibly the Audi but definitely for the guy who has that awesome garage(detailer?)
Thanks, E46CT!

The liner is coming off because the shop that worked on it didn't do a great job. I can't push it back in because the mounts are loose. The rear bumper was removed and repaired from a small wreck, the rear fender also sustained damage as well as the wheel.

My friend used a stage 1 polish on the whole car (minus the front areas where I have PPF), but many parts of my car have also been repainted over the years from wrecks, so maybe that's why? I don't know much about this sort of thing.

My engine bay was pretty dirty. I figured the car deserved it after 500k miles. Sadly, we discovered the hard way that an ignition coil that was swapped back when we were diagnosing the EGR issue had lost its seal. Some of the water from the wash managed to seep in and caused both a solid, then a flashing CEL. Water in the engine at that coil. Had it replaced.

Beyond that, the moonroof part that was replaced before caused a rattle. It won't sit still so we are trying different things to quiet it. My rattles and vibrations are intermittent, but I haven't heard any in a long time. No issues with turning the steering wheel either.

Other than that, the garage is my friend's garage, Stokes Garage, who detailed my car. He is as meticulous as his garage is kept. Those are his wheels for an S4 he owns.
Khaotic (11-15-19)
Old 11-13-19, 08:13 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Gotcha. Looks good dont get me wrong. I can tell its been detailed well. i'm just a stickler for paint. it can never be perfect though.. trust me i've tried. your car is a workhorse so the job done is fine. If you want to fix the liner, the rear bumper is a breeze to remove. all you need is a small 1/4" ratchet, 10mm and 8mm and a flat tip screw driver. can have it off in 5 minutes. two screws on one side, two on the other, then plastic clips all along the bottom. the liner is just a piece of plastic lined w/ fabric though i dont see how removing the bumper would be necessary. it's probably just positioned incorrectly in terms of the clips that secure it, so it's kinked. but check it out! my body shop did the same exact thing. the liner was sticking out in the exact same spot. so i just kinda massaged it back into place. its perfect now.

yeah the wheels looked like they were for something big and somthing german. my initial thought was porsche but i couldn't see the top of the tire to see how wide it is.
Raidin (11-18-19)
Old 11-16-19, 11:10 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

A very big congratulations Raidin! That is amazing that you hit over 500K miles. I look forward to the day you hit 600K miles...

My step daughter now drives the CT and I miss it. I will drive the CT from time to time and always brings a smile on my face.

I've been racking miles on my HS and I wanna see how far I can take it as well...
Raidin (11-18-19)
Old 11-18-19, 03:50 PM
Floyd91
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's pretty damn impressive. Especially the brake wear.
Raidin (11-18-19)
Old 11-18-19, 04:18 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Gotcha. Looks good dont get me wrong. I can tell its been detailed well. i'm just a stickler for paint. it can never be perfect though.. trust me i've tried. your car is a workhorse so the job done is fine. If you want to fix the liner, the rear bumper is a breeze to remove. all you need is a small 1/4" ratchet, 10mm and 8mm and a flat tip screw driver. can have it off in 5 minutes. two screws on one side, two on the other, then plastic clips all along the bottom. the liner is just a piece of plastic lined w/ fabric though i dont see how removing the bumper would be necessary. it's probably just positioned incorrectly in terms of the clips that secure it, so it's kinked. but check it out! my body shop did the same exact thing. the liner was sticking out in the exact same spot. so i just kinda massaged it back into place. its perfect now.

yeah the wheels looked like they were for something big and somthing german. my initial thought was porsche but i couldn't see the top of the tire to see how wide it is.
I actually expected a full detail job. I thought the cost was great for that, but I guess I was expecting something unrealistic. I basically wanted the car to look brand new. Oh well. It kind of worked out anyway, because it would have been a shame to restore the car like that, only for it to hit the road again and get worn quickly. I think he did great for what he offers, but the car had been repaired and repainted so many times...ugh.

Anyway, I'll check with him on the liner, because I believe he pointed that out too. I did see the one push pin sticking out and pushed it in.
Old 11-19-19, 08:39 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah trust me it loooks good and it's a workhorse so it'll get messed up in a hurry. Looking at it no one would know it has 500k miles. can't wait til you reach 1M. you'll be the first and only 1M mile Ct200h. just a shame the HG popped.. i think we all know the engine could've likely gone on to 500k and beyond had the EGR cooler been replaced. but still interested to see how the transaxle and inverter hold up beyond 500k.

I don't know if you mentioned it but what's your plan going forward for EGR maintenance? anything you'll do differently?

i'm only at 50k but i'm tempted to pull my egr pipe (since it's so easily accessible) to see what it looks like inside. then see if that gives me some sort of indication for what the cooler may look like.
Old 11-19-19, 02:51 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Yeah trust me it loooks good and it's a workhorse so it'll get messed up in a hurry. Looking at it no one would know it has 500k miles. can't wait til you reach 1M. you'll be the first and only 1M mile Ct200h. just a shame the HG popped.. i think we all know the engine could've likely gone on to 500k and beyond had the EGR cooler been replaced. but still interested to see how the transaxle and inverter hold up beyond 500k.

I don't know if you mentioned it but what's your plan going forward for EGR maintenance? anything you'll do differently?

i'm only at 50k but i'm tempted to pull my egr pipe (since it's so easily accessible) to see what it looks like inside. then see if that gives me some sort of indication for what the cooler may look like.
I'm not convinced the EGR system is why HGs go, but the only issue I had was the intake manifold getting clogged up.

So far, the engine is completely original outside of the gaskets and elements that get changed along with it, and the water pump and valve lifters (I think?) which have been replaced with new OEM parts.

I have no plans to maintain the EGR system outside of doing the same thing should the same problem come up again.

Quick Reply: Courier CT hits 500,000 mile milestone