CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Old Member, new Lexus - Seat Memory Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-19, 06:30 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Old Member, new Lexus - Seat Memory Question

It seems like forever ago I boosted my SC300 and converted to a 5 speed. I sold the SC300 and bought a 96 Dodge Viper. Several tumors and financial trials later, the 237,000 Camry Hybrid is starting to have some issues. Yesterday we bought a 2013 CT200h. We had a Gen2 Prius and loved it until I had brain surgery, then it was just too loud and rough.

Anyway, Now that I can only drive in short spurts, and my wife does the majority of the driving, memory seats were a mandatory option. She's 5'1" and I'm 6'2". I looked for months and did not find any models with seat position memory until this one. I'm just curious how many of you have the memory seats since it seems the majority of these don't.
The following users liked this post:
Kansas (11-13-19)
Old 11-13-19, 07:45 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 224 Likes on 125 Posts

You have to get one of the top luxury packages to get those. I'm guessing most dealers don't order CTs like that because of the price of the car at that point. I custom-ordered mine so I have them for that reason.
Kansas (11-13-19)
Old 11-13-19, 02:10 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts

I looked up the VIN's for at least 15 CT's currently on eBay motors at https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive.../vehicle-specs and didn't find a single one with memory seats.

Maybe it was luck that when I asked the Kansas City Lexus dealer to search for a fully optioned CT in early 2014, he found one in a couple of minutes at another fairly close Lexus dealer. It had all packages and options except F sport which I didn't want and was even in the only exterior color I wanted. But then my wife thought we needed a vehicle bigger than her Prius so I passed on the CT. She was right of course. That CT, though, was really cool.

Other that what Raidin said, which I totally agree with, my theory is that high specification vehicles can be harder to find as used vehicles because people tend to keep them longer due to them being more satisfying. At least that is what my wife and I have been doing lately - buying less expensive models but ones that have all the available packages and options.
Old 11-13-19, 02:36 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,641 Posts

I dunno if it's because it's more satisfying... all that tech on the CT is quite aging by today's standards. The nav is useless, the DRCC is old fashioned--hell today's brand new radar cruise isn't all that impressive, the LEDs are 1st generation tech and lacklustre.

I think it's just the # of CT200hs out there period (hint not a lot, compared to other cars) then the chance of THOSE being on the used market at any given time, means there's very little chance that out of the few CTs that exist for SALE, that you'd find ones with those rare options. it's just #s, really.

this car began to dwindle in sales after 2013 or so cause the market was trending towards crossovers and nobody wanted to pay 35k for a luxury compact. so production went down too.

But that's what i like about this car. not exactly rare, but also no really all too common. I feel a bit giddy inside every time I see a CT200h, particularly an F Sport (both pre and post facelift)
Old 11-13-19, 07:24 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by E46CT
all that tech on the CT is quite aging by today's standards. The nav is useless, the DRCC is old fashioned--hell today's brand new radar cruise isn't all that impressive, the LEDs are 1st generation tech and lacklustre.
Please tell me more.

I don't know how gen 6 and gen 7 navigation systems could be useless when they get us to our destinations in daily use.

The DRCC might be slightly "old fashioned" in that it doesn't work below 25 mph like the very latest versions but it works great otherwise.

The optional self leveling LED headlights on the CT are pretty wonderful compared to the standard halogen headlights that suck pond water.

Does your CT have any of these optional features? DRCC, LED headlights, navigation?
Old 11-14-19, 03:12 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kansas

Does your CT have any of these optional features? DRCC, LED headlights, navigation?
It has Navigation, but no sweet LED headlights, though I assume an easy retrofit. No DRCC either. Obviously it has leather because that's required for memory seats. I'm personally not a fan of the facelift, so I'm pretty happy with it. It's name is Baymax (Disney Big Hero 6) because like him and me - not fast.

Old 11-14-19, 04:43 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ishootstuf
It has Navigation, but no sweet LED headlights, though I assume an easy retrofit. No DRCC either. Obviously it has leather because that's required for memory seats. I'm personally not a fan of the facelift, so I'm pretty happy with it. It's name is Baymax (Disney Big Hero 6) because like him and me - not fast.
Sorry, I was directing my comments to E46CT.

The LED headlights are far from an easy retrofit. I would guess that retrofitting OEM LED headlights would cost between $3,000 and $5,000 if new parts were used and a lot less if parts could be obtained from a salvage vehicle. The main problem is that CT without LED headlights don't have the warning harnesses and suspension sensor to support them. The wiring harness for the LED headlights is integrated with other harnesses so it's not just a matter of adding a wiring harness for the LED headlights and the sensor on the suspension that supports the self leveling feature.

It probably not possible to retrofit DRCC either. There is a recent thread about someone in Europe trying to it with salvage parts but last time I checked he had not been successful. I've seen lots of thread about people trying to retrofit DRCC to a variety of models but have never seen anyone successful in doing it. There's just too much integration of vehicle systems to do those kind of modifications.
Old 11-15-19, 12:06 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kansas
Sorry, I was directing my comments to E46CT.

The LED headlights are far from an easy retrofit. I would guess that retrofitting OEM LED headlights would cost between $3,000 and $5,000 if new parts were used and a lot less if parts could be obtained from a salvage vehicle. The main problem is that CT without LED headlights don't have the warning harnesses and suspension sensor to support them. The wiring harness for the LED headlights is integrated with other harnesses so it's not just a matter of adding a wiring harness for the LED headlights and the sensor on the suspension that supports the self leveling feature.

It probably not possible to retrofit DRCC either. There is a recent thread about someone in Europe trying to it with salvage parts but last time I checked he had not been successful. I've seen lots of thread about people trying to retrofit DRCC to a variety of models but have never seen anyone successful in doing it. There's just too much integration of vehicle systems to do those kind of modifications.
Thanks for the info! Definitely not as easy as I thought, but I'm sure I could do it if I were so inclined. When I V10 swapped my F150, I had to do some computer trickery to get past the Ford PATS (Passive Anti Theft System), have working gauges, and eliminate the check engine light. The F150 never came with a V10 and despite bolting in, they are very different electronically. I also ran a JDM 2JZ-GTE ECU firing Ford coils in my SC300 with a USDM 2JZ-GE. The point is, I'm no stranger to this stuff and I have the Techstream software.

I know I'll never even try though as it's not that important to me, and post brain surgery, I just don't have the motivation.
Old 11-18-19, 03:51 PM
Floyd91
Driver School Candidate

Mine has the seat memory. I figured it was something standard on a Lexus.
Old 11-19-19, 08:45 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Floyd91
Mine has the seat memory. I figured it was something standard on a Lexus.
Nope. We're pretty special. I bought mine from one of those street corner dealers that I always swore I'd never purchase from because I couldn't find one with memory seats. I looked for 6 months in the Orlando area. Of course now that I posted this someone will find 20 of them.

It only came with one key, but fortunately, I have been through this before and like I said, I have the Techstream software and USB OBDII cable, so $89 later I have two working key fobs.
Raidin (11-19-19)
Old 11-20-19, 06:13 AM
spiral
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

now that it's been 6 years, my memory might be a little fuzzy, but my recollection is that the memory seat option was part of the perforated leather upgrade. But it was weird, like you couldn't get certain options without first getting a different one. Like tiers. I think there were 4? tiers. Stereo, Seats, Nav, F-sport. I think it was in that order too, but maybe the f-sport could be added at any time? I guess we were lucky as well, ours was a prior lease vehicle that had the Stereo and Seats upgrade, but not the nav or f-sport stuff. Which I'm happy about since we don't need nav (BT smartphones sooo much better, unless you just love the giant screen on the dash) which gave us the extra compartment. Plus it removed the controller from the center console.

It is funny though, because our CT was the first 'luxury" car in my family, so we had all the "bells and whistles" that others didn't. Backup camera, mem seats, auto side mirror in reverse, auto unlock with handle grab, etc.. only to have my mom buy a Subaru Outback 5 months later with all those options pretty much standard.