CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Cargo dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-20, 12:44 PM
zippinbye
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Cargo dimensions

Still trying to find a CT 200H for my university student daughter. Most of what I find for sale is private party. I don't want to bother or distract a seller until I know for sure the car would accommodate my kid's large musical instrument. It's a grand concert harp. Musicians in the crowd might find such a proposal laughable, knowing how bulky these instruments are. But, I have determined it would fit in a Lexus RX, a Toyota Venza and RAV4, and even a Matrix with some effort, meaning perhaps no passenger at the same time. Obviously a CT is not known for its cargo abilities, but I suspect it is in the "ballpark" of working for our needs. In all other aspects it's a much better fit for my daughter than the aforementioned Toyota products. All the online CT 200H cargo data speaks in terms of cubic feet, which is useless to most people, other than as a comparative indicator between different vehicles.

Would somebody be willing to post some measurements from their CT? Here's what I need: rear seats folded down, passenger seat back approx vertical, that same seat full track forward (also a second spec with passenger seat full aft in the tracks possible): the distance between said seat back and a closed rear hatch ... basically in a manner one might try to place a set of snow skis, discounting the obvious length advantage of laying them up the center console. Also, the minimum width between the strut tower area. Essentially, I'm trying to fit 74" x 37," but it's a variable and odd shape. A slight "cheat" might be possible, allowing for slightly diagonal placement. Of course if you happen to own and transport a Salvi Diana Grand Concert Harp, I'd be happy to hear "yeah, it will work." But it's kind of a rare need, so I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if a member here has such experience.

Thanks in advance for any info you could provide.

Cheers,

Rich

Last edited by zippinbye; 01-12-20 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-17-20, 03:58 PM
zippinbye
Pit Crew

Bump, for a hope at an answer?

Old 01-18-20, 07:00 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 254 Likes on 201 Posts

I just checked cars.com and found a number of CT200h for sale at car dealers around Vegas including at Lexus of Las Vegas and Lexus of Henderson. Why don't you load up the harp and take to a car dealer for a test fit in a CT200h? I did something like that when I test drove an LS460 in 2007 ... surprised the crap out of the salesman when I asked to test fit my wife's wheel chair in the trunk.

Another vehicle you could consider is a Toyota Prius v which was also discontinued after 2017. It is more wagon-like and has the same hybrid drive train as the CT200h but far more cargo space: 34.3 vs. 14.3 cu ft.

Unlike the Venza and pre-2018 RAV4, both the CT200h and Prius v were available with automatic emergency braking, radar adaptive cruise control and excellent factory LED headlights. The standard halogen headlights on both the Prius v and CT200h are awful - rated "Poor" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: https://www.iihs.org/
Old 01-18-20, 03:04 PM
spiral
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I measured not to long ago and the width was something close to 36” (maybe a smidge less). Height was 40” with a diagonal of 41-42”. To the back of the front seats at a comfortable location billy rear seats down was shy of 5’. If the front passenger folds down you can gain a bit more.

if I knew more about harps I could be more helpful. But it is amazing how much stuff can fit in a CT. (I can actually get more in my ct than I can my sport Trac bed)

but totally agree with the above, just take the harp With and test fit it.
Old 01-20-20, 01:09 PM
zippinbye
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Kansas
I just checked cars.com and found a number of CT200h for sale at car dealers around Vegas including at Lexus of Las Vegas and Lexus of Henderson. Why don't you load up the harp and take to a car dealer for a test fit in a CT200h? I did something like that when I test drove an LS460 in 2007 ... surprised the crap out of the salesman when I asked to test fit my wife's wheel chair in the trunk.

Another vehicle you could consider is a Toyota Prius v which was also discontinued after 2017. It is more wagon-like and has the same hybrid drive train as the CT200h but far more cargo space: 34.3 vs. 14.3 cu ft.

Unlike the Venza and pre-2018 RAV4, both the CT200h and Prius v were available with automatic emergency braking, radar adaptive cruise control and excellent factory LED headlights. The standard halogen headlights on both the Prius v and CT200h are awful - rated "Poor" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: https://www.iihs.org/
Thanks for the effort of finding actual cars. I was actually at Lexus of Las Vegas last week for the airbag recall on my GX. I inquired about a used CT I had seen on their inventory list. The experience reminded my of why dealers suck! The sales dude tried to upsell me into a new UX200 after I explained I was looking for an affordable kid car I could pay cash for. Followed by "what kind of monthly payment are you comfortable with." What a moron! I'm driving a 2005 GX470 because I love car payments! When I made it clear it was the CT200 or nothing, it was mysteriously not available due to a title issue and was in warehouse storage. Of course the dealership's "insurance policy" prevented me from even doing a walk around inspection of the vehicle. Between the salesman's attitude, spin and and an $1800 starter replacement quote I heard my service advisor giving on the phone, I drove away reaffirmed that private parties, this community, my indie shop and myself are far better resources for dealing with Toy/Lex service, knowledge and transactions.

I digress. Thanks for your time and info.
The following users liked this post:
Raidin (01-21-20)
Old 01-21-20, 08:37 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 219 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by zippinbye
Thanks for the effort of finding actual cars. I was actually at Lexus of Las Vegas last week for the airbag recall on my GX. I inquired about a used CT I had seen on their inventory list. The experience reminded my of why dealers suck! The sales dude tried to upsell me into a new UX200 after I explained I was looking for an affordable kid car I could pay cash for. Followed by "what kind of monthly payment are you comfortable with." What a moron! I'm driving a 2005 GX470 because I love car payments! When I made it clear it was the CT200 or nothing, it was mysteriously not available due to a title issue and was in warehouse storage. Of course the dealership's "insurance policy" prevented me from even doing a walk around inspection of the vehicle. Between the salesman's attitude, spin and and an $1800 starter replacement quote I heard my service advisor giving on the phone, I drove away reaffirmed that private parties, this community, my indie shop and myself are far better resources for dealing with Toy/Lex service, knowledge and transactions.

I digress. Thanks for your time and info.
I would call Lexus and leave a complaint about this experience. Lexus needs to know when their dealers are screwing customers.
Old 01-21-20, 02:55 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 851 Likes on 644 Posts

www.dealerrater.com