CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

US model with Dynamic Radar Cruise, do they even exist?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-20, 06:45 PM
primalgeek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US model with Dynamic Radar Cruise, do they even exist?

I've got a 2011 and I love it. Drive the hell out of it, 40k miles this year. I plan on keeping it for another year and buying a 2016+.

Buuuut, this time, I really want to get an F Sport with the Dynamic Radar Cruise option since I drive so much, (90% is highway), but damn if I have seen one.

Been looking on and off for a few months now, been checking Ebay, CarMax, Craigslist, and CarVana.

I've been looking at the pictures and checking the steering wheel for the button and verifying the VINs on the Lexus site.

I knew it was rare option, but I thought I read somewhere that it was a more common option in the later models.

Has anyone even seen one?
Old 02-14-20, 07:43 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Raidin has one. He says it was hard to get and he had to special order it. So they're unicorns as I understand it. I'm sure he'll chime in. You're left looking at dealer photos and seeing if they took a photo of the interior which shows the button.

Personally I've tried the radar cruise control on the new corolla and i found it kinda clunky and i had to intervene quite a bit. it's fast to react to cars cutting in front of you but VERY slow and laggy to react to accelerating back to speed (once the lane opens up) then cars get annoyed and flash you. And this is even with the most aggressive setting. So I had to hit the gas manually. Got annoying after a while and I just ended up turning it off. So if the old 1st gen DRCC is similar, i'd probably not find much value to it.
The following users liked this post:
Raidin (04-15-20)
Old 02-14-20, 09:27 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 258 Likes on 204 Posts

I don't know how rare DRCC is on the CT200h but when I had the Merriam Kansas Lexus search in early 2014, a CT200h with DRCC and PCS in my preferred color (white) was quickly found at another Lexus dealership in Springfield Missouri 175 miles away. Maybe that was a coincidence. I considered the CT200h after availability of the redesigned 2014 Highlander Hybrid kept slipping and slipping- I don't think those became available until summer, 2014. My wife wanted me to get a hybrid (she already drove one) and we didn't consider any vehicles that didn't have adaptive cruise control and automatic emergency braking.

We passed on the CT200h in Springfield (wife talked me out of it!) since we really needed a vehicle as least as large as a Highlander. We currently have two Toyotas with DRCC and PCS - a 2012 Prius v wagon and a 2014 Sienna van. We bought the Prius v out of dealer inventory in 2012 but I had to special order the Sienna in 2014 to get DRCC and PCS.

Adaptive cruise control has to be my favorite automotive feature - it makes driving so much less stressful. It's not a feature that you can "set and forget". It's sort of a learned skill to interrupt and resume it in traffic and to toggle among the three following distances but I can drive hundreds of highway miles without ever touching the brake or gas pedal. I use it in city traffic too - a lot.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kansas:
flotus1 (02-14-20), internalau (02-16-20), Raidin (04-15-20)
Old 02-14-20, 01:43 PM
flotus1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is one in Washington State
Old 02-16-20, 07:13 AM
internalau
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kansas
I don't know how rare DRCC is on the CT200h but when I had the Merriam Kansas Lexus search in early 2014, a CT200h with DRCC and PCS in my preferred color (white) was quickly found at another Lexus dealership in Springfield Missouri 175 miles away. Maybe that was a coincidence. I considered the CT200h after availability of the redesigned 2014 Highlander Hybrid kept slipping and slipping- I don't think those became available until summer, 2014. My wife wanted me to get a hybrid (she already drove one) and we didn't consider any vehicles that didn't have adaptive cruise control and automatic emergency braking.

We passed on the CT200h in Springfield (wife talked me out of it!) since we really needed a vehicle as least as large as a Highlander. We currently have two Toyotas with DRCC and PCS - a 2012 Prius v wagon and a 2014 Sienna van. We bought the Prius v out of dealer inventory in 2012 but I had to special order the Sienna in 2014 to get DRCC and PCS.

Adaptive cruise control has to be my favorite automotive feature - it makes driving so much less stressful. It's not a feature that you can "set and forget". It's sort of a learned skill to interrupt and resume it in traffic and to toggle among the three following distances but I can drive hundreds of highway miles without ever touching the brake or gas pedal. I use it in city traffic too - a lot.
+1
ACC on our 16 RAV4H is pretty good although it's only on higher speed but then again it's more tiring to drive on the freeway since they're usually longer drives. I don't care much about the lane keeping assist as one or more hands will still have to be on the steering wheel anyway.

I'm sure TSS 2.0 is even better!
Old 04-15-20, 01:13 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 227 Likes on 125 Posts

Guess I missed this thread.

I agree with everything E46CT said. They are very hard to find, and especially problematic if you're very specific as to what else you want on your car in addition to it.

E46CT, your experience with the Corolla system mirrors my CT's. It can be very obnoxious. I learned to work around the delays, but remain hopeful since a recent 2016+ RX loaner with the full speed version did much better.

I'm sad to hear that the Corolla is using the same old system, though. A Corolla hybrid with that option would otherwise be an excellent commuter.