CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Just got a new 2016 F-Sport Ultra White

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-20, 10:03 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Did interior LED.
The DE3175 dome bulbs don't fit nicely. OEM slips in fine, aftermarket are a hair longer. I bought a nicely revires "sealight" brand then tried Sylvania, same thing. The Sylvania wedged in good enough it won't fall out (and it works) but I don't like the fit.

I bought Sylvania 168 wedge bulb for the puddle lights. They didn't have 194 so figured ill be ok. Installing soon.

Led 921 I think it was for the reverse lights.

I dont have a sodder for the turn signal relays and never used one. Sure its simple enough but I dont want to screw anything up. Putting that off for now.
Old 08-06-20, 04:56 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Ok now I've installed LED puddle lights, vanity (to complete interior), headlights, and reverse lights. Not sure the plan with the Fogs yet. I went through 3 styles on my IS before I landed on complete LED housing swap for the Fogs.

Looking forward to this evening to see how it all plays out. Most excited about headlights and puddle lights. Does much to change the feel of the whole car.
Old 08-07-20, 09:47 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,621 Posts

I bought some cheapo chinese LED fogs. They work ok. but as I mostly don't use them, they're there just cause they look shiny and chromey. When I want to get "Serious" about the fogs, there's no better plug and play option than Morimoto Type T fogs. I can create something custom like I did for my 3IS, but i don't care to put that much effort into it. My Bi-Xenon RX350 is powerful enough.

For the interior dome light, I get the square SMD LED panels. you can get them with as many LEDs as you want, sky's the limit. If you get the 24-LED ones, they are.... BRIGHT.
Old 08-07-20, 11:57 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Update, more than happy with the LED hadlights. Some highly reviewed brand found on Amazon, talked about it many Toyota forums. I half expected to be returning or settling for "decent enough". Only $90, lamen folk or even most enthusiasts unfamiliar with Lexus would think they're OEM. Better than the $150 kit I bought for my other car.

This with the LED puddle lights (and other LEDs) = new car.
Originally Posted by E46CT
I bought some cheapo chinese LED fogs. They work ok. but as I mostly don't use them, they're there just cause they look shiny and chromey. When I want to get "Serious" about the fogs, there's no better plug and play option than Morimoto Type T fogs. I can create something custom like I did for my 3IS, but i don't care to put that much effort into it. My Bi-Xenon RX350 is powerful enough.

For the interior dome light, I get the square SMD LED panels. you can get them with as many LEDs as you want, sky's the limit. If you get the 24-LED ones, they are.... BRIGHT.
I may go that route with Fogs too. Find the best reviewed $30 pair, there are 100s of those options Id never touch for low beam use, but OK for fogs or high beam i suppose.

I tried 2 brands on the dome light. Each too long to fit nicely. They worked and all, but felt like I was going to break the housing trying to wedge them in there. I've had this issue on another car too. I bough Sylvania thinking it's be OEM like fit, but nope. However I left it in there.
Old 08-07-20, 12:19 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HOMER350

I may go that route with Fogs too. Find the best reviewed $30 pair, there are 100s of those options Id never touch for low beam use, but OK for fogs or high beam i suppose.
The Morimoto type T fogs i reference are $160. And that's if you score a good deal.
Old 08-07-20, 01:20 PM
HOMER350
Racer

The Morimoto type T fogs i reference are $160. And that's if you score a good deal.
yeah i have them saved i won't be doing that on this car though. Projects are minimal for the vehicles.
Old 08-07-20, 01:33 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HOMER350
yeah i have them saved i won't be doing that on this car though. Projects are minimal for the vehicles.
The $40 china ones are fine to use occasionally, but mostly for the new chrome finish they bring to the front of the car. they do create glare which i feel like a turd when i use. so i save them for empty roads.
Old 08-11-20, 10:21 AM
HOMER350
Racer

The $40 china ones are fine to use occasionally, but mostly for the new chrome finish they bring to the front of the car. they do create glare which i feel like a turd when i use. so i save them for empty roads.
thats the problem with the Winjet LED fogs I put on the IS. They were competing with the headlights even angled downward...so I didn't use them so much. Great light...but pretty annoying.

Whats also annoying is all the cheaper light mfgs. advertise "☆☆☆SUPER BRIGHT!!!☆☆☆"....and its like hey man I dont want your super bright crap...just a good enough light for occasional or light use.
Old 08-11-20, 12:14 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah bright is highly subjective and 98% of people--"brightness" is the only measure by which they judge lighting.
Old 08-13-20, 09:10 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Found some Putco yellow halogens laying around. Think they're 4500k.

Had them laying around for a reason, not my favorite look. Like the idea of the "classic" Lexus look with the soft yellow fogs but in reality white LEDs preferred on a modern car. Still these are not those super bright yellow LEDs I've seen on 3 Tacomas this past week lol.

My focus now is on a recent home purchase so this got my Fogs done for now. 1 of the oem halogens had burnt out so now I have something functional for if/when I need them. And supposedly yellow is the most effective light color for fog lights.

If someone likes the yellow look these are ok, but better to do a yellow vinyl over the lens with a halogen bulb. Better color without that obnoxious LED yellow you can see shining bright from miles away. my opinion at least.

Old 08-13-20, 06:00 PM
TobiasSing
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

The SLF bulbs from Diode Dymanics work very well for a yellow LED bulb option. I've got them on my IS. Very deep pure yellow color without any obnoxiousness. Not super cheap though lol. They also have a fog light replacement with their SS3 pods if you really wanted light. They totally blow away the Morimoto fogs. But they look a bit odd, not as pretty.
Old 08-14-20, 08:20 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Hadn't been following lighting in a while, those SS3s look like they perform well. A shame that they look like poop though. they don't even have an external round lens to match OEM aesthetics so they look kinda experimental.

I wouldn't mind rigging one of these up in the front windshield though.. lol.. https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-le...ta-tacoma.html
Old 08-14-20, 06:15 PM
TobiasSing
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

yeah they do have a kit for our cars, which at least has an angled surround extension to help it meet up with the bumper without gaps. But then it's just 4 dots in there. Not pretty at all. They did have another more pretty option, more stock looking, but doubt it's as bright. Ah, can't have it all.
Old 08-15-20, 02:34 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Hadn't been following lighting in a while, those SS3s look like they perform well. A shame that they look like poop though. they don't even have an external round lens to match OEM aesthetics so they look kinda experimental.

I wouldn't mind rigging one of these up in the front windshield though.. lol.. https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-le...ta-tacoma.html
haha, how did we ever get this far in life without one of those?
Old 08-31-20, 08:32 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Got a 2 pack of OEM leather key fob sleeves. F logo i think they were for the ISF. Not an exact fit for the CT with a larger hole for the panic button (to include missing trunk button i think) and a smaller hole near the lock/unlock for a light i would imagine.

Considering a new gear selecter. A lot of people do this?? Want something simple and black, something harder and heavier. Thinking oval black carbon fiber or round. Dont want it to stand out just not liking the existing one. I would guess I'm not alone on that.

Quick Reply: Just got a new 2016 F-Sport Ultra White