CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

2013 ct200h won't started

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-20, 11:45 AM
Kienoihn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 ct200h won't started

Hi everyone I am new in this forum, hope can get some help here I have a 2013 ct200h with 135000km it won't started last week and I did replaced the 12v battery and it working fine since but today try to started nothing happened no light on the dashboard, very appreciated with your advise

Thanks,
Ken

​​​
Old 09-08-20, 07:55 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,621 Posts

You should take it to a hybrid mechanic or dealer. With that amount of information, it would be impossible to diagnose over the internet. Is something draining your battery? any modifications to the car? prior accidents, damage, or repairs? Particularly recent ones?
Old 09-08-20, 10:25 AM
Kienoihn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by E46CT
You should take it to a hybrid mechanic or dealer. With that amount of information, it would be impossible to diagnose over the internet. Is something draining your battery? any modifications to the car? prior accidents, damage, or repairs? Particularly recent ones?
Nothing draining the battery, no modification, no accident, never have a repairs done, since day one.
But did installed a aftermarket remote starter.
I called CAA they came and Test both of my batteries the old and new one both are 100% good,
Twice that happened I can not open the doors with my remotes.

Will tow it to the dealer to get check it.
Old 09-08-20, 12:52 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Well it seems replacing the 12V fixed your problem the first time but then the problem came back shortly after. So it seems something is draining your battery. When you say your car doesn't start.. what happens when you push the start button? do you get an error message? are you able to drive with electric power? does the dash say "Ready"
Old 09-08-20, 05:17 PM
Kienoihn
Driver School Candidate

This is 2nd times happened I can not open the doors with my remotes it won't work only open with the keys, when I press the start botton no light come on, on dashboard nothingt turn on so their is no message, CAA checked the battery it a 100% good on the battery .
even I can not start the car and no light will turn on, on the dashboard but I can turn on interior light, headlight and horn all working,
Old 09-08-20, 10:24 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

I'm useless at diagnostic with most things electronical, but almost always its an aftermarket part causing issues as you described. Is it possible the aftermarket remote starter is to blame? Issue occurred about the same time at all? Even if not, could be the issue.

But like said it sounds like a drain on the battery, or some odd coincidence it was better for a bit after the new one. Sounds like that's clearly the right track to be on.
Make sure they do a full test on that battery, not just a quick voltage check.
They normally don't check for a bad cell (why not ill never know) and with a bad cell a battery may test good, even work good intermittently, but be bad nonetheless. BUT, you got a new battery so would be some serious bad luck if that were the case. Has happend to me though on a newer battery so just throwing it out there.

Last edited by HOMER350; 09-08-20 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-09-20, 09:29 AM
Kienoihn
Driver School Candidate

Hi homer350,
i already uninstalled the aftermarket remote starter, and went to partsource they test both my batteries are good no bad cells, like I said earlier no draining battery anywhere, just I couldn't open the doors with my remotes and I can not start my car it look like it didn't disarm when I open the doors with the key, but today I try leave the car unlock without locking the doors then I went inside to start up it work, any idea ?

Thanks,
Ken
Old 09-10-20, 08:24 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Definitely sounds like something to do with the remote start as per your post above, it seems the car works with a specific scenario of leaving the doors unlocked. I would check the wiring where the remote start is and see that there's no broken connections, no blown fuses, no shorts.

Toyota cranks out hundreds of thousands of cars using basically identical systems and they're known to be super reliable. Prius, CT200h, Scion TC, Lexus HS, and likely a lot more models share the same parts. So it's very unlikely its a car fault. I think someone went in and messed something up. Check everything carefully. Specifically wiring in and around where the start system was pulled from.

I think the car's immobilizer system is wrongly telling the car not

also again... check EVERY fuse

Last edited by E46CT; 09-10-20 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-10-20, 08:38 AM
Kienoihn
Driver School Candidate

I have removed the aftermarket remote starter and checked all the fuses and the wiring back to normal all the fuse are good, now the car start every single without locking. Told by the mechanic try to lock the car with the key and hopefully it will work, and next step will try to lock the car with the remotes, will update then
thank you so much for the feedback.
Old 09-11-20, 09:20 AM
Kienoihn
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, it look like the problem came from the remotes, I tried the whole day yesterday lock and unlock the car with key it work fine, but today want to try lock and unlock the car with the remotes and the remotes doesn't work, anybody have any idea I can reprogram the remotes ? Or do I have to get a new one,
Old 09-11-20, 09:45 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Not sure why the remotes would need reprogramming. But if you needed that, best bet is to go to Lexus. Yeah you can do it yourself with a laptop and software but that's pretty advanced. A car locksmith may also be able to do it. That seems strange though as i don't really see how a key could partially deprogram itself. i would think it either works 0% or 100%.
Old 09-11-20, 10:52 AM
Kienoihn
Driver School Candidate

Sorry I mean the dealer can reprogramming the remotes, yes it very strange to me too the remotes work sometime but most of the time it doesn't work,
Now I think back few weeks back sometime I can not lock the doors by touching the handle and end up locking the doors with the remote.
Old 09-14-20, 05:07 PM
Kienoihn
Driver School Candidate

Hi all it been super busy lately, finally got the car diagnostic check and found out the remotes and the car sometime miscommunication that's why it won't let me start the car.
have to check with the dealer how much it cost to fix that.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 09-15-20, 07:18 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Do you know if the problem is with the car or the remote? Id guess the remote.
Reprogram like discussed or worst case new remote then right? You have a 2nd key fob by chance? Assuming no but that would be an obvious check
Old 09-15-20, 09:15 AM
Kienoihn
Driver School Candidate

I have 2 remotes and both are the same only sometime work, I guess no any other choice, new remotes.

Quick Reply: 2013 ct200h won't started