CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

F sport blue springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-21 | 08:19 PM
Eastbay24
Driver School Candidate

Default F sport blue springs

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2015 Fsport, but the last owner put coil-overs (2” drop) and 18’s. Ride is pretty rough, and would like it to be smoother. He provided the stock suspension (~40k) black springs.

Wondering how much better stock suspension would be with the blue springs?

And, what site have you guys used to buy the f sport blue springs? Lexuspartsnow or mylparts legit?

Last edited by Eastbay24; 03-17-21 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-17-21 | 08:07 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

I buy all my Lexus springs from eBay. Two lexus dealers in Arizona have ebay accounts. They're super fast and the best prices. I think SSLExus parts or something. i always get confused. try both see who has the better price.

Yes throw those "coilovers" in the trash and pick up the Lexus blue springs.

The blue springs are noticably firmer and make a stiff ride even stiffer. They do improve handling but they do make an already tiny car appear a bit tinier and lower. My CT would look like a kids car from some angles with the springs, and nice from other angles.

Overall i'd say they're nice if you really prioritize handling. I'm not 100% sure i'd be enthused about doing it again though and may just stay stock. the ride is slightly jarring.
Old 03-17-21 | 09:13 AM
Eastbay24
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by E46CT
I buy all my Lexus springs from eBay. Two lexus dealers in Arizona have ebay accounts. They're super fast and the best prices. I think SSLExus parts or something. i always get confused. try both see who has the better price.

Yes throw those "coilovers" in the trash and pick up the Lexus blue springs.

The blue springs are noticably firmer and make a stiff ride even stiffer. They do improve handling but they do make an already tiny car appear a bit tinier and lower. My CT would look like a kids car from some angles with the springs, and nice from other angles.

Overall i'd say they're nice if you really prioritize handling. I'm not 100% sure i'd be enthused about doing it again though and may just stay stock. the ride is slightly jarring.
I’m with you as I’m older and just want it to ride smooth and save gas, haha. I’d put back to stock, but it might look too high with 18’s.

Ride is so much better after raising it 1”. Just bought the blue springs and probably put them on in a few months.

Great info, thanks.

Last edited by Eastbay24; 03-17-21 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-17-21 | 04:52 PM
ddonalds
Rookie

Hmmmm... I have an F sport and my springs are black.
Old 03-18-21 | 09:18 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ddonalds
Hmmmm... I have an F sport and my springs are black.
The "blue" F Sport springs are an additional option in the Lexus catalog. They are 1" lower and a bit stiffer.

The F Sport from the factory comes with normal black springs.
Old 03-19-21 | 07:06 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by Eastbay24
Finally pulled the trigger on a 2015 Fsport, but the last owner put coil-overs (2” drop) and 18’s. Ride is pretty rough, and would like it to be smoother. He provided the stock suspension (~40k) black springs.

Wondering how much better stock suspension would be with the blue springs?

And, what site have you guys used to buy the f sport blue springs? Lexuspartsnow or mylparts legit?
Both those sites you mentioned are legit. I've ordered parts from both. Lexuspartsnow I found to be slightly cheaper.

However like E46CT said there is a Lexus dealer who is all over ebay and they have great prices too. For future reference think its Bell North Scottsdale Arizona. Something like that and I saw they had the springs recently for $190
The following users liked this post:
Eastbay24 (03-19-21)
Old 03-19-21 | 08:08 AM
Eastbay24
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Homer. My order with myL got cancelled as they explained that they are only available as replacements. Ended up getting them on eBay from sslexus.

I’m going to follow E46 diy guide on the blue spring replacement (excellent btw). Currently have BC coilovers.
Old 03-19-21 | 08:18 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks. Did I create a guide on spring replacement? i totally forgot LOL.

and yep those are the two stores. each time i buy from them i get the two mixed up and i always forgot the name(s)

they've both been good to me and really fast. my most recent buy from them is the lexus illuminated sills for my ES. less than half what you'd get charged if you buy it as an option from the factory..

they always ship super fast.
Eastbay24 (03-19-21)
Old 03-19-21 | 09:19 AM
Eastbay24
Driver School Candidate

Are the stock F sport (black) shocks/struts made to work with the blue springs?
Old 03-19-21 | 12:14 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by E46CT
Thanks. Did I create a guide on spring replacement? i totally forgot LOL.

and yep those are the two stores. each time i buy from them i get the two mixed up and i always forgot the name(s)

they've both been good to me and really fast. my most recent buy from them is the lexus illuminated sills for my ES. less than half what you'd get charged if you buy it as an option from the factory..

they always ship super fast.
Been a while since I read your thread but I dont think there was a guide.
Originally Posted by Eastbay24
Are the stock F sport (black) shocks/struts made to work with the blue springs?
Yea. Benefit of getting these springs is they are designed with your specific model in mind.
there are many springs which will fit, but only so many which are made for your car specifically. They maybe didn't engineer the shocks for these springs, but they engineered the springs for your shocks, kind of, if that makes sense.

I used a good brand for my IS and same thing.
Old 03-19-21 | 01:20 PM
Eastbay24
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HOMER350
Been a while since I read your thread but I dont think there was a guide.

Yea. Benefit of getting these springs is they are designed with your specific model in mind.
there are many springs which will fit, but only so many which are made for your car specifically. They maybe didn't engineer the shocks for these springs, but they engineered the springs for your shocks, kind of, if that makes sense.

I used a good brand for my IS and same thing.
That makes sense!

Here is the diy I was referring to.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...ures-tips.html

Old 03-22-21 | 08:44 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

There we go. yeah I remember now. I hope that helps someone in the future. CT is defnintely MUCH easier than the 3IS to do springs on. 3IS rear is a nightmare...
Old 03-22-21 | 08:46 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

And yes as said the springs will work with the stock dampers. Lexus offers these in their catalogue as dealer installed options so they're made with the stock equipment in mind.
Eastbay24 (03-22-21)
Old 03-24-21 | 10:08 AM
Eastbay24
Driver School Candidate

Ssl canceled on me too. Looks like authorized dealers can’t sell the blues them as an accessory anymore.

Any other web stores that may have them?

Old 03-24-21 | 11:17 AM
liera21
Rookie

My car came with the blue springs, I love the look but I don't like that it scrapes on almost any driveway entrance, I installed a cheap ricer lip.

This is what I found:
Lexus CT200h Lowering Springs - Genuine Lexus CT200h Accessories (lexuspartsnow.com)