CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

After 300k, it was time to say goodbye :(. Various parts available.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-21, 01:15 PM
spiral
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default After 300k, it was time to say goodbye :(. Various parts available.

The good ole 2012 CT, just as it passed 300k miles, we decided it served us well but was just getting too small for our family. When we purchased Larry (the Lexus) in 2013, kids weren't in our immediate future. Now 2 kids later and them growing like weeds, it was just becoming too small with car seats and growing legs. If my seat was in the right spot, my daughter would non-stop kick the seat just moving her feet and the passenger seat had to be pushed up enough to accommodate the other seat it just wasn't fun/comfortable for long distances. It was a sad day last week, but we traded it in, which means I now have a spare engine dismantled and all the parts organized.

I am offering these parts to anyone that wants them for FREE (plus shipping costs). I don't have a list of everything at the moment, but plan on working on it if there is any interest. Right now parts that I have BRAND NEW unopened include: Valve Cover Gasket, Intake Manifold Gasket, PCV Valve. Gently used (like less than 1000k miles) Duralast Ignition Colls (yeah yeah yeah, i know, but they were used as a backup and would be great in a pinch). Recently Ultrasonically cleaned: EGR cooler, pipe, valve, elbow (i wouldn't mind getting a little $$ for these components though as I'm sure I could sell them easily on ebay). Other items would be any/all engine sensors, throttle body, and various other engine parts. The head I had priced out to be refinished for $200 at Keystone. I'm sure there are other parts too, but that is just what comes to mind right now. Let me know if you are interested in anything and I can make arrangements to get stuff to you.

Spiral

PS. We ended up looking at an ES350, but settled on the Avalon Hybrid to save some $$. Weirdly it actually is getting better fuel economy than the CT.
The following 2 users liked this post by spiral:
Raidin (06-30-21), Trexus (07-27-21)
Old 07-01-21, 08:55 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Why not ES hybrid? haha... still congrats.

And yep the A25AFKS hybrid powertrain is Toyota's newest hybrid powerhouse and it's no joke. Way more powerful, responsive, and fuel efficient than older generation hybrid systems. I was averaging 44.1mpg in my ESh whereas my CT would average about 35.5. Avalon is a bit lighter than ES, so you should be able to do a tad better.
Old 07-03-21, 11:23 AM
KKM
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Generous of you on your offering. I also have a 2012, will probably replace the intake manifold with the redesigned next time I clean the EGR. I'm assuming you have the original. But congrats on the Avalon, CS always rated it very highly.
Old 07-15-21, 05:01 PM
GrizzlyMan
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

300k miles, wow...

any pics on how it looks after such milestone?
Old 07-26-21, 04:09 PM
LyLToKyo1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan
300k miles, wow...

any pics on how it looks after such milestone?
I'd also like to see what condition your car is in also after 300k miles. That's fantastic news since I'm halfway there!
The following users liked this post:
GrizzlyMan (07-26-21)
Old 07-27-21, 06:41 AM
spiral
Pit Crew

So that was honestly the real tough part when making our decision. The car was still in fairly awesome shape. The carpets (with the exception of the driver's) still looked brand new. The driver's seat had slight wear on the outer side bolster of the seat where my belt would rub getting into the car. The outer coating on the rims was starting to chip away maybe more to me scrubbing too hard/pressure washing instead of letting cleaners do their job. About 5 months ago, a deer ran into the drivers side right behind the rear door so there was a couple little dents and the chrome trim was dented (so weird to have a deer hit me while going 80 mph, car was solid on the road during impact too), the antler made a small scratch on the rear window but wasn't noticeable unless it was pointed out or you were trying to find imperfections. The front bumper just had normal daily highway commuting road rock chips that looked more like dead bugs. Also a few scrapes here and there. Obviously more noticeable after a fresh wash. When the dealer gave it a once over, they even commented that they were impressed with the condition of the car after 8 years and 300k miles. I don't "trash" my cars by any means, but I also am not a compulsive about keeping it clean either. I'll vacuum it out every so often. The rear seats, within a day, bounced back from having two kids seats attached for the last 5 (and 3) years. Oh, and the "eye" sore, the car wash knocked off the front right tow jack cover, so I had to get a replacement. When I ordered it, the description specifically said "silver", so pretty disappointed it came black (but i guess understandable). I wasn't too happy either because they showed me the video of it falling off, but they didn't want to "go in the pit because it's disgusting down there". All told, with the repairs/maintenance, the car may have had the lowest cost of ownership I've had (It was also the first "luxury" car i've owned too). I've owned Ford, chevy and Saturn and I'm pretty sold on staying with Toyota from here on out.

The following users liked this post:
Raidin (08-06-21)
Old 07-27-21, 10:58 AM
LyLToKyo1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spiral
So that was honestly the real tough part when making our decision. The car was still in fairly awesome shape. The carpets (with the exception of the driver's) still looked brand new. The driver's seat had slight wear on the outer side bolster of the seat where my belt would rub getting into the car. The outer coating on the rims was starting to chip away maybe more to me scrubbing too hard/pressure washing instead of letting cleaners do their job. About 5 months ago, a deer ran into the drivers side right behind the rear door so there was a couple little dents and the chrome trim was dented (so weird to have a deer hit me while going 80 mph, car was solid on the road during impact too), the antler made a small scratch on the rear window but wasn't noticeable unless it was pointed out or you were trying to find imperfections. The front bumper just had normal daily highway commuting road rock chips that looked more like dead bugs. Also a few scrapes here and there. Obviously more noticeable after a fresh wash. When the dealer gave it a once over, they even commented that they were impressed with the condition of the car after 8 years and 300k miles. I don't "trash" my cars by any means, but I also am not a compulsive about keeping it clean either. I'll vacuum it out every so often. The rear seats, within a day, bounced back from having two kids seats attached for the last 5 (and 3) years. Oh, and the "eye" sore, the car wash knocked off the front right tow jack cover, so I had to get a replacement. When I ordered it, the description specifically said "silver", so pretty disappointed it came black (but i guess understandable). I wasn't too happy either because they showed me the video of it falling off, but they didn't want to "go in the pit because it's disgusting down there". All told, with the repairs/maintenance, the car may have had the lowest cost of ownership I've had (It was also the first "luxury" car i've owned too). I've owned Ford, chevy and Saturn and I'm pretty sold on staying with Toyota from here on out.

Wow that thing still looks brand new great job taking such good care of it. Good to know these things are beasts. One more question. How many times did you have to change the hybrid battery in 300k?
Old 07-28-21, 07:06 AM
spiral
Pit Crew

i never had to change the hybrid battery. I would periodically check the vents/fan to see if they were dirty and never felt the need to clean anything in that department. I used the Dr. Prius app to monitor the battery after about 150k miles and it never seemed out of whack. We were prepared, though, and had $$ set aside in the event we needed to replace the cells. Honestly, when we bought the car, changing out the battery was my biggest concern since it was new to me. After plenty of forum searches and the like, it went from a concern to a possible inconvenience.
Old 07-28-21, 10:09 AM
LyLToKyo1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spiral
i never had to change the hybrid battery. I would periodically check the vents/fan to see if they were dirty and never felt the need to clean anything in that department. I used the Dr. Prius app to monitor the battery after about 150k miles and it never seemed out of whack. We were prepared, though, and had $$ set aside in the event we needed to replace the cells. Honestly, when we bought the car, changing out the battery was my biggest concern since it was new to me. After plenty of forum searches and the like, it went from a concern to a possible inconvenience.
Yea thats been my biggest concern as well but wow good to know that its not as big of a deal as I've been making it out to be in my head. Thanks for the info!!
Old 07-28-21, 12:16 PM
spiral
Pit Crew

Watching Chris Fix's YT video (and Nuts and Bolts) on swapping out the old cells as well as reading the install directions from a guy over on priuschat (can't seem to recall his name), really makes it a less daunting of a task. But then again, i didnt actually do it, so maybe it just seems easier in my head??
Old 08-05-21, 12:53 PM
BenjiboyIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats to 300k!!!

Very impressive Lexus, very impressive.
Old 08-05-21, 04:59 PM
GrizzlyMan
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I like the hatchback lppk a lot.
Like ofhers saud, good job taking food care of fhe Lexus, I would not know it has that amount of miles.

I love the hatchback look, wish they had a sporty 350 on one of them but I know it would kill the driving dynamics.
I drove a 2020 Avalon across several states as a rental, is so comfortable but the fwd is a no for me.
Took me a while to get used to the Lexus after driving the Avalon.