Drag Strip Discussion about Lexus straight line racing on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and top speed flats.

new 1/4 mile time

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-05, 10:16 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree. with cheater slicks & good launch, car should get down to 12.80-12.90s.

Old 11-26-05, 11:39 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad I don't live in Florida..... someone always having negative comments for everything my car did. I'd be pissed.............. I wish some people would worry about there own damn car.
Old 11-26-05, 11:52 AM
nasc300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

grow up kids
Old 11-26-05, 11:54 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
I'm glad I don't live in Florida..... someone always having negative comments for everything my car did. I'd be pissed.............. I wish some people would worry about there own damn car.

I agree.

"I'm the 1JZ this." - "Well, I'm the 1JZ that".

The ish is tiring.
Old 11-26-05, 12:11 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Ok maybe im a bit negative, but im not congratulating someone that does not like me and i do not like for spending and doing tons of mods to go .3 faster in the 1/4mi over stock. There is no traction excuse for a car with LSD and 275 width tires. Those times are either driver error or theres a malfunction with the car itself. I would not be proud of 13.3 with a car that becides cams and a Y pipe, is modded as far as it can go on the stock twins. People do mid 12s with less.
Old 11-26-05, 12:20 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
Ok maybe im a bit negative, but im not congratulating someone that does not like me and i do not like for spending and doing tons of mods to go .3 faster in the 1/4mi over stock. There is no traction excuse for a car with LSD and 275 width tires. Those times are either driver error or theres a malfunction with the car itself. I would not be proud of 13.3 with a car that becides cams and a Y pipe, is modded as far as it can go on the stock twins. People do mid 12s with less.
You haven't said one positive thing to Chino or about his car since I've been on this damn forum. You can quit with the "cover up" ****. He's got a fast car, faster than yours - so bow down. When you are faster than him........ I'll accept your "mouth", but until then - pull out the credit card and get back in the garage because your car doesn't amount to his. /end rant
Old 11-26-05, 12:25 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Your pathetic banter is really annoying, go back to trying to make your budget 1jz fast. I'm normally a pretty DAMN nice guy, but my patience is short today I guess.

Chris
Old 11-26-05, 12:40 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

LOL

How is a 13sec modified car fast when everyone else with his mods runs 12s on street tires? Somethings wrong with his car, and he knows it too. Going from 13.5 @ 104 on a bone stock 1JZ with just 1bar (which was respectable) to 13.3 @ 107 with exhaust, fmic, intake, wider tires, better suspension, street tuned safc, 1bar or higher, is just embarassing to the whole community. I would sell my car if i did all those mods and only got .1 or .2 tenths on average and 2mph.

Last edited by VJ RC51; 11-26-05 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-26-05, 01:00 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

starting to sound like supra forums around here
Old 11-26-05, 01:01 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by quikturbo
Your pathetic banter is really annoying, go back to trying to make your budget 1jz fast. I'm normally a pretty DAMN nice guy, but my patience is short today I guess.

Chris
Last i checked a 35R is an expensive turbo. As far as my motor goes on stock twins, it will only get modified with parts i can use when i single convert. All i am looking for is 13s on stock, which i can do when i find and install an LSD, just to prove these cars can do it since no one believes. I dont care to run 13.3's with alot of bolt ons, id rather save and drive around stock and buy a single turbo conversion when the time comes around to do so. No matter what mods you have done to a stock turbo'd 1JZ, it will never be fast.

He will never do it, but i would love to see what he can do on factory boost the way it sits, 8-9psi.
Old 11-26-05, 01:15 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
You haven't said one positive thing to Chino or about his car since I've been on this damn forum.
It's goes both ways though, it's not just him alone. They both need to squash it.
Old 11-26-05, 01:15 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Last i checked a 35R is an expensive turbo. As far as my motor goes on stock twins, it will only get modified with parts i can use when i single convert. All i am looking for is 13s on stock, which i can do when i find and install an LSD, just to prove these cars can do it since no one believes. I dont care to run 13.3's with alot of bolt ons, id rather save and drive around stock and buy a single turbo conversion when the time comes around to do so. No matter what mods you have done to a stock turbo'd 1JZ, it will never be fast.

He will never do it, but i would love to see what he can do on factory boost the way it sits, 8-9psi.
You first touted your car being a "budget" project, which is where my comment was directed.

To me the bickering back and forth just seems petty. It's great to have some good old competition, just don't take it too seriously.
Old 11-26-05, 01:36 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Well ok ill chill out.. I just have alot of pent of venting from his recent posts on a forum posting a 15.5sec throw away run i had saying thats as fast as it goes and i could not reply to and back myself up, that was low right there. Reading he ran 13.3 made my day tho, i would be flat out embarassed to have run that with his mods. 13.3 is fast if it was side mount IC, stock exhaust, and really nothing but 1bar.. but 13.3 with fmic, supra tt exhaust, safc, stuff he wont even tell ppl thats done to it.. is dog slow. Sorry i dont mean to be negative here, but thats horrible times for that car. With drag radials if it didnt get faster then 12.99, time to park it and rebuild the motor and check the harness/ecu
Old 11-26-05, 01:39 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

how did i know that vj rc51 was going to end up having more posts in my thread than myself....

ric- if you read my FIRST post, like you should.. i already told you theres a mechanical malfunction w/ the car... you might want to read before you reply....

once again, your assuming i have mods that i dont which is getting really annoying... SAME suspension as before, 0% all the way across on the AFC... only real mods were exhaust, fmic and radiator/fans... know ur facts before you make yourself look stupid.

you have still yet to beat my first pass ever in my car which was 14.1 so that might be why your hating so much but its all good. im not here to impress you.

the run was just for the hell of it cause i didnt have anything else to do and my boy wanted to go to run his car so i was like wth, why not.....

if i really cared about my time, i wouldnt run it unless it was 100%... look into the knock sensor fix and see how much hp you regain from doing it. my mph went up and thats all i really cared about. plus with tires that look like this:

i wasnt really expecting much of it.... btw, i did go AROUND the waterbox. im not an amature. atleast i didnt manage to pull a 15.5 with a twin turbo car.

thanks to the rest of you clublexus guys for your inputs Ill throw up some impressive times one of these days
Old 11-26-05, 01:42 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Like i said man, ill go get you an 18sec time slip so u can show the world if you wish. I know theres is a mechanical problem with your car, but why race it and post times like your proud if you know its going to run bad? I'm awaiting an DaveH LSD if i do not find a stock LSD sooner, and ill go put down a high 13 for ya, on stock boost. Remember, my 14.4 was faster mph then your 14.1, but im sure youll make more excuses when i beat your time.

Last edited by VJ RC51; 11-26-05 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: new 1/4 mile time