Drag Strip Discussion about Lexus straight line racing on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and top speed flats.

new 1/4 mile time

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-05, 01:54 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ric- why do i always have to prove to you that you are wrong? why cant you just accept things for a change instead of making nonsense drama out of it?

i believe you did 14.4 at 100mph?

well take a look at this:

im in the right lane... 7430 if you havent figured it out by now....

seriously though- where do you get all this info about me and my car?????
Old 11-26-05, 02:11 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant see the image, work blocks alot of hosting sites..

Let me guess, your posting another one of my test runs? 14.5? 14.6? or the nice 2.9 60ft 15.5? Leaving the line at idle, half throttle in 1st, my car can pull mid 14s alllllllll day long. The 15.5 @ 97mph i got was when i stalled to 2300rpm to see what would happen.. what happened was i didnt even leave the line cause the wheel spin was so bad. Nothing but test runs, i never went to anyone bragging its speed, it was mearly runs to learn the car and to make sure i didnt get a lemon motor, we've all seen and heard about the 15sec modded 1jz's ppl got.

I do not street race my car, i do not claim its fast. It runs exactly how it should bone stock.. 97-100mph trap speeds.

Why don't you park it, since you know toyota so well, fix the seal, fix the knock sensors, fix the o2 sensor, put on some drag radials, and give some real results, not bad times and excuses. It can be done in a few hours.
Old 11-26-05, 02:17 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
i cant see the image, work blocks alot of hosting sites..

Let me guess, your posting another one of my test runs? 14.5? 14.6? or the nice 2.9 60ft 15.5? Leaving the line at idle, half throttle in 1st, my car can pull mid 14s alllllllll day long. The 15.5 @ 97mph i got was when i stalled to 2300rpm to see what would happen.. what happened was i didnt even leave the line cause the wheel spin was so bad. Nothing but test runs, i never went to anyone bragging its speed, it was mearly runs to learn the car and to make sure i didnt get a lemon motor, we've all seen and heard about the 15sec modded 1jz's ppl got.

I do not street race my car, i do not claim its fast. It runs exactly how it should bone stock.. 97-100mph trap speeds.

Why don't you park it, since you know toyota so well, fix the seal, fix the knock sensors, fix the o2 sensor, put on some drag radials, and give some real results, not bad times and excuses. It can be done in a few hours.
bla bla bla..... like i said, im not here to impress you so just let me do my thing.... ill fix it when i get a beater to drive to work everyday cause theres more **** i gotta fix than you think.. im not bragging or claiming my car is fast.. where did you see me say either of those things? i consider this an informative post for the new 1jz owners who are curious about what their cars will do down the track.
Old 11-26-05, 02:27 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

I'm awaiting an DaveH LSD if i do not find a stock LSD sooner, and ill go put down a high 13 for ya, on stock boost.
I find it funny that you are going to put a race tire on the car to make that 13-second pass on stock boost just to "show" Chino up, but you will still be about a second slower. Also your mph won't be too impressive on that pass.... I promise you. Just because Chino chose to skip your "bone stock" stage doesn't mean you have **** on him when your car runs well stock. In my opinion you have ZERO bragging rights until your car is as fast as Chino's - period. Chino has stated time and time again he is at a ZERO tune and that he's on ****ty tires. He is also having a problem with the knock sensors. What happens when he comes out early next year and lays down a 12.80-12.90@110mph - whatcha going to say then? We all know it's bound to happen...... I can't wait to see your remarks after that one.
Old 11-26-05, 02:38 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

LOL

When he pulls a 12 anything, ill be impressed that he could do it and that motor could. His car is not stock, its far from being bone stock. PPL run 12's with less, on street tires.

Short of cams, and a y-pipe.. he has hit the brick wall where thats all the stock turbos can support speed wise. I think anywhere between 12.5 and 12.7 is the fastest anyone has got a 1JZGTE on the stock twins, and thats in a 600lb lighter supra body with a 5spd (less drivetrain hp loss).

In order for him to see a 12.9, he will have to get a t least a 1.8 60ft.

Last edited by VJ RC51; 11-26-05 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-26-05, 02:41 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

LOL

When he pulls a 12 anything, ill be impressed that he could do it and that motor could. His car is not stock, its far from being bone stock. PPL run 12's with less, on street tires.

Short of cams, and a y-pipe.. he has hit the brick wall where thats all the stock turbos can support speed wise. I think anywhere between 12.5 and 12.7 is the fastest anyone has got a 1JZGTE on the stock twins, and thats in a lighter supra body.
theres alot more i can do to my car to make it faster. you just dont think there is because you dont know. post up one sc300 owner w/ a 1jz that runs 12s on stock twins... how many times do i need to shut u up.. ill pull a low 12 for ya on stock twins... bookmark this post for future reference... till then take your negativity away from my thread

Last edited by got_trd; 11-26-05 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-26-05, 02:44 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by got_trd
theres alot more i can do to my car to make it faster. you just dont think there is because you dont know. post up one sc300 owner w/ a 1jz that runs 12s on stock twins... how many times do i need to shut u up
How are you shutting me up?? You just spent 2 months of working on your car for 1-2 tenths of speed.

Ill update you guys w/ my new time sometime in late oct. or nov. Should be somewhere in the 12's and around 3700lbs. Stock ecu, stock fuel
Whoopsss.. sorry Chino, you missed your goal you set 2 months ago. Try again.
Old 11-26-05, 02:47 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

How are you shutting me up?? You just spent 2 months of working on your car for 1-2 tenths of speed.

Whoopsss.. sorry Chino, you missed your goal you set 2 months ago.
i think you missed the "should" part... along w/ the malfunctions currently on the motor
Old 11-26-05, 02:49 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

i think you missed the "should" part... along w/ the malfunctions currently on the motor
Well fix it and run what your car is supposed to run, don't run slow and make excuses. You had 2 months to fix things that you could do in one afternoon.
Old 11-26-05, 02:55 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Well fix it and run what your car is supposed to run, don't run slow and make excuses. You had 2 months to fix things that you could do in one afternoon.

my cel came on last week... now can you stay out of my thread please? i think thats enough nonsense for one thread
Old 11-26-05, 03:00 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

my cel came on last week... now can you stay out of my thread please? i think thats enough nonsense for one thread
So you went to the track, ran 1.1bar with a CEL for knock sensors, not knowing what effects it might have on your engines ignition timing with the bad signal, really advanced or really retarded, risking blowing up the motor for just a 13sec pass?

That is all.
Old 11-26-05, 03:07 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

So you went to the track, ran 1.1bar with a CEL for knock sensors, not knowing what effects it might have on your engines ignition timing with the bad signal, really advanced or really retarded, risking blowing up the motor for just a 13sec pass?

That is all.
yup i ran the car with the cel on and fried o2 sensor, an oil leak, bald tires and still did low 13s... now can you leave me alone and let me do my thing?
Old 11-26-05, 04:38 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

good run.

ric, cut the badmouthing.... just stay out of the thread, its the easiest thing to do.
Old 11-26-05, 05:03 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

wtf is going on in here? race each other dammit........my money is on chino lol
Old 11-26-05, 05:14 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

after reading all of this i have come to one conclusion. i love butter beans

Quick Reply: new 1/4 mile time