Drag Strip Discussion about Lexus straight line racing on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and top speed flats.

new 1/4 mile time

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-05, 08:35 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea what i'm doing with my car? lol.. You have no idea what your doing, and thats a fact. Your the one with the CEL's, leaky engines, and put on more bolts ons to get .1 tenth faster. I seem to be doing all the work on my car, no shops involved, and i have yet had one problem with it, and i drive 500mi a week.

My car is 100% factory stock, becides intake, and runs like a brand new car and i like it like that. I have no ambition to modify the car on stock turbos to try and race and hit lightning speeds, thats not what i bought it for. I bought it to run single turbo and at least 500rwhp. Well i'm not rich, i can not do it over night, and i'm not wasting my $ on worthless mods to run .1 faster. The only reason the car even has the 1JZGTE in it right now was because it was cheaper to swap it, then to fix the 2JZGE that was in the car that had problems. All i'm going to do is hit 13s on stock boost to just prove a point, and it's not ready to do that right now. I only race on the 1/4mi, street racing is for hondas.
Old 11-28-05, 08:41 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeXuSrAcIn
Just curious VJ... what were you expecting him to run? mid 12's??

For the mods he has and the problems his car is having 13.3 is a nice improvement. Realistically, you cant expect ANYONE to gain 1 sec from the mods he's recently done.

Well he should not have raced the car if it had problems. That just creates more problems or breaks more parts. That just proves how amateur he really is. If i had done to my car what he has to his, on 285 width rear tires.. with an automatic.. I wouldnt even tell ppl i ran at the track unless i pulled a high 12 and 2.0 60ft.
Old 11-28-05, 10:15 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

hmmmmm who's the smiley on the right............the same one on the left here
Old 11-28-05, 10:23 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
hmmmmm who's the smiley on the right............the same one on the left here
LOL i dont mean to be an ***, but i feel like i'm on some other economy car forums when ppl get excited over running .1 tenth faster, and still in the 13s. I didnt know 13s were a speed to get excited over. Alot of cars from the showroom floor run 13s.
Old 11-28-05, 10:51 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

I'm really not paying any attention to your bickering, but you say you wont mod your car until you go single right? What mods does chino have that will be useless when he decides to go single? None, right?

Also what does money have to do with any of this and time at that? Nothing right? Was he rushing to get his car finished? You keep mentioning this 2 month and alot of money crap in almost every post.

WHy are you mentioning his cooling mods? sure, they're upgrades, but they wont make you go any faster. I'm sure his car might cool better, but I see no point in mentioning that mod.

SO please let me know why it's a waste to mod the 1jz, with the mods Chino has.
Old 11-28-05, 10:54 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

And another thing, why do you CONSTANTLY post, post after post, when you can edit your original one instead of making a new one? Are you trying to add to your post count? I swear, your count goes up 100 a day.

I've noticed your useless posts over at SF too. And if no one replies, YOU reply to yourself.

(and I know I didn't edit my original post, I did this on purpose.
Old 11-28-05, 10:56 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

ding DETUNED got this round
Old 11-28-05, 11:02 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

In the beginning of this thread, Chino stated that his car ran a 13.3. He didn't say it was the fastest thing out there. Yes, it's quick, no it didn't run a 12...that time. I just dont get why you keep saying..."it's not fast, it's not fast, I'd be embarassed if that was me, i'd sell it, blah blah blah" Dude, ****.

The faster you get, the harder it gets. Drag cars will spend thousands upon thousands to get there car .3 seconds faster. Why don't you go talk **** to them. Chino bought tasteful mods that will work with future setups and he didn't waste his money.

Didn't you post a thread saying that you ran a 14.4 or something? Chino's car is a second faster...that's actualy a lot. Did you see Jesus race Wolverine? one ran a 10.0 and the other ran a HIGH 10 second pass. Wolverine murdered him by 8 cars, both had similar reaction times and similar MPH. You're just reading what is written down, you're not putting real world thinking into any of this.
Old 11-28-05, 11:11 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Nothings wrong with his mods. Becides the lack of maintance on his car, theres nothing wrong with what hes done to it. Stuff like the FMIC only hurts engine cooling, and doesnt actually improve HP, the factory SMIC works fine on the twins. Its all good for looks and to impress people if thats what you want, but his car is no faster, and actually slower then if someone just took a stock 1jz with a posi, slapped on a MBC and some drag radials with an exhaust cutout
Old 11-28-05, 11:13 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
Stuff like the FMIC only hurts engine cooling, and doesnt actually improve HP, the factory SMIC works fine on the twins.
Can you explain this to me?
Old 11-28-05, 11:21 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
Can you explain this to me?
front mount intercoolers go in front of the radiator, heating up and slowing down the air before it enters the radiator to cool the engine. Some cars they can make run up to 20 degrees hotter, or more on stock cooling systems.

I understand what you say Peter when you compare times to car distances and stuff, but that in turn usually means street racing where stuff like that matters. I do not street race, i already been to jail once this year for similar charges, $15 for a night at the track is alot cheaper then $3000 in court, laywer, and almost 2 months in jail. E/T is the only thing that matters to me.
Old 11-28-05, 11:23 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

So basically FMIC is a bad idea on stock twins for a street car?
Old 11-28-05, 11:24 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VJ is the 1JZ Master.
Old 11-28-05, 11:28 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
VJ is the 1JZ Master.
..bator
Old 11-28-05, 11:36 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Chino, next time just sticky the thread and have it locked.

Thanks for all the info bro, I'm confident they'll only get better.

Quick Reply: new 1/4 mile time