Drag Strip Discussion about Lexus straight line racing on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and top speed flats.

new 1/4 mile time

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-05, 11:38 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
So basically FMIC is a bad idea on stock twins for a street car?
From respectable ppl that ive talked to about the idea, the stock twins are very small, and do not flow alot of air. We can't push them to high psi because of the ceramic blades, and because of that fact, keeping it at the safe 1bar area..... the stock SMIC is more then capable of handling the turbos. No matter what mod's you do to the engine, the turbos are limited to their airflow and 1bar. Power comes from their airflow, and well.. in stock 1jz form, even at 14psi, the engine is pretty damn efficeient at using it. It actually tends to run a bit rich, u can use an SAFC to lean it out. Also adding a FMIC will increase lag on the stock system. Stuff like cams, y-pipe help a little bit, but being all the power comes from the turbos and their CFM.. well u can put on anything u wish, but youll always be limited by them. In the heavy SC body with a power robbing auto, the most it will ever run is high 12s, no matter how many other mods you have (well nitrous would help lol)
Old 11-28-05, 11:57 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

wait flow isn't the only thing that makes power.
yes it is the one most easily comprehended and easiest to point out as the major contributor to your power level.
we also cant forget Volumetric Efficency. i.e. bolt-ons help the efficency of the turbos and motor thus creating more power at the same psi.
i will find credible sorces for this info if need be
Old 11-28-05, 12:08 PM
nasc300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ATL-SC
yes it is the one most easily comprehended and easiest to point out as the major contributor to your power level.
we also cant forget Volumetric Efficency. i.e. bolt-ons help the efficency of the turbos and motor thus creating more power at the same psi.
Absolutely true That is why he gained 3 mph at the same psi. But ultimately you cannot outflow the turbo and make more power than the CFM's the tiurbo is capable of. Now if you placed a turbo "A" wich is capable of a max 300hp on a lawn mower it would take lets say 70psi and 10000rpm to make 300hp while on a 302 ford that same turbo would only need to make 7psi and 5500rpm to produce 300hp. Now If I increase the VE of the 302 by installing high flow aluminum heads it would only take lets say 4psi to make 300hp. But in all 3 cases the turbo is maxed out no matter engine size or the VE of the engine.
Old 11-28-05, 12:11 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ATL-SC
No you are 100% right, but how the 1JZ is built, its built more then enough to handle the flow of the stock turbos. All the bolt ons you can put, cams, fmic, hardlines, etc to help with the airflow might get some hp here and there yes, but no matter what the mods you do to your 1JZ, the MAXX ppl have ever seen in very fresh motors is just shy of 400rwhp. Good for high 12s in the SC3 body, or a bit faster in a 5spd mk3.

I always say cost of parts, because i dunno about the rest of you, i'm not made of money. For the cost of getting cams, y-pipe, downpipe, and the supporting things for a built 1JZ on stock twins to run high 12s on a track only setup (race gas, etc), you can go with a small single that the stock injectors can handle with an s-afc, an ebay fmic, and make your hardlines and DP.. and for about the same cost, you can be running 12s all day, on pump gas.
Old 11-28-05, 03:53 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,409 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
Hm notice once how i never brought my car up in comparison to chino's, ever? Mine is stock, his is modified. 13s is not fast. I can go out and buy an LS1 camaro and run 13s bone stock. My GN ran 13s bone stock. When he is running mid 12s to high 11s, ill be impressed. I am not here to congratulate someone i do not get along with for working on their car for months to get .1 tenth faster. If he ran 1 second faster, i'd personally go buy him a round of beers, no lie. All he did was do months of work and part testing for me as i sat around and watched, now i know the answer for sure. Stock twins are useless and not worth modding on. My first performance mod (becides boost controller on stock motor, might as well for fun),. will be a single GT35R. Thanks for doing all the testing for me, your the man
You should be dealing with your car and not his. Wonder why everyone is against you ?
Old 11-28-05, 03:57 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jgscott
You should be dealing with your car and not his. Wonder why everyone is against you ?
I am dealing with my car, it runs beautiful just like the factory intended. I could care less if ppl hate me for telling the truth about a fraud.
Old 11-28-05, 04:13 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

time to rant....

first off, whats wrong with going to the track for ****s and giggles? he ran because he didnt want to just sit there. hell ive ran my stock SC. not everyone goes to the track to run a record pass, you yourself didnt even do that.

as for the CEL and leaks, he did his mods before the CEL came on. that just happend two days before he went to the track. as for the leak, its not serious enough to blow his motor with just 3 passes.

as for the FMIC... he got a deal that he couldnt let pass. therefor he got it and installed it. it may not be giving him a lot of power now, but once he does go single, it will be a huge improvement over the stock sidemount. the same thing goes for the cooling mods.

why must every post of yours be negative? there is absolutely no need to come into this thread and say anything at all unless its along the lines of "nice run... i hope i can get there on stock boost, that would be cool!" something like that.

the purpose of this community is to encourage and support fellow members, not to tell them they are idiots and full of ****. thats just not what we do here.

my advice is to get over yourself before you **** off the wrong people and either get banned or knocked out by someone you insult on here. not that either would happen, but at the rate you are bashing people (chino in particular) its not too far fetched. for your sake and the sake of all of us who have to read through 6 pages of your crap to find any good info, just dont post unless its helpful. bottom line.

end rant!
Old 11-28-05, 04:24 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

In the heavy SC body with a power robbing auto, the most it will ever run is high 12s, no matter how many other mods you have (well nitrous would help lol)
This is on stock turbos, yes?
Old 11-28-05, 04:43 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry if I missed it somewhere, but Chino, what rpm torque convertor do you have?

does anyone have some slicks they can lend chino so he can go run a 12 and put an end to this?
Old 11-28-05, 05:32 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

I am dealing with my car, it runs beautiful just like the factory intended.
Yes it is, over a second slower than Chino's car. Chino has an exhaust and turned the boost up UNTUNED. I'd say he is doing fairly well for the mods he has. You said the intercooler doesn't help on stock twins - so that mod doesn't count right?
Old 11-28-05, 05:49 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chuckb
sorry if I missed it somewhere, but Chino, what rpm torque convertor do you have?

does anyone have some slicks they can lend chino so he can go run a 12 and put an end to this?
My tranny is stock.. Stock converter, stock valve body... The only thing i've done to it is put a b&m trans cooler on it.

No need for slicks yet, hehe... I know i can hit 12's on street tires so i want to do that first. because if i do it on d/r's or slicks then someone will have to bash on me for that as well as everything else i do... hint hint
Old 11-28-05, 05:54 PM
nasc300
Lead Lap

fmic work even better on stock twins @ 1bar than it would a big single @1bar. Reason being that the tiny stock twins are working much harder and heating the air much more that a big single would a such a relatively low boost.
Old 11-28-05, 09:20 PM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DETUNED
I've noticed your useless posts over at SF too. And if no one replies, YOU reply to yourself.

(and I know I didn't edit my original post, I did this on purpose.
He got banned from from SF actually. for calling someone a "meatstick" This being over cell phone service provider debate.

Oh and if having an FMIC is bad then i guess have a tad cooler intake charge is bad too.

Chino YOU WILL hit 12's the way your car sits on street tires and tuned.
Old 11-29-05, 02:39 PM
Tryk
Pole Position

I just read this thread.

wow....just wow. Can someone ban VJ RC51!? What a whiny moron. Its dumb kids like this that are making the SC section go downhill. I think I read about 20 posts in this one single thread from him that said the EXACT same thing.

Something like... BLAH BLAH BLAH 13.3 is slow for the mods BLAH BLAH BLAH he should be running 12.8's BLAH BLAH BLAH I can't believe you are only running 13.3 with your mods BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. 13.3 is so slow BLAH BLAH BLAH

This thread is about Chino's times at the track, ONE post from you stating your opinion would have been enough.

This idiot should really be banned, or should at least have to sit in the corner for a few flippin years.

Congrads on the times Chino, keep up the modding and keep us updated
Old 11-29-05, 05:40 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just read 6 pages that should be to congradulate chino for a good run with still some tech issues and instead its more about someone who can't get off another guy's JOCK. Who cares if Chino didn't hit his mark in the time frame he was hoping for? We all set goals and sometimes for many different reasons can't reach them in the time frame we wanted if at all. Point is he was just updating us about his latest pass and that it did better even tho he had some tech issues.I don't post over here much But I do read a lot since I've done my 2jz-gte swap. I always read that Chino is really doing things little by little to get his car running better each time and he's always passing info along to members here of his experiances including me in pm's and than here you come like Clockwork Jocking him and taking over his threads. Just cuz you don't believe in him doesn't mean that others here don't.

Do you go to the mall and tell all the kids in line that the guy in the Red suit isn't really Santa Claus?

Quick Reply: new 1/4 mile time