Drag Strip Discussion about Lexus straight line racing on the 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and top speed flats.

new 1/4 mile time

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-05, 10:27 PM
jalapeno
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this really is sick....man..I really haven't done very much to my car, but i read this board religiously, so that i'll have the information i need so that when i do do more stuff to my car, i have somewhat of an idea what i'm doing. i'm glad that people like chino post what they do, about what they've done to their car, and what it has done as far as performance, what things could be better, ect. ect. If people like chino didn't post about this stuff because they were scared that some ***hole was going to bash them, and tell them they should give up and sale their cars..wow, people like me wouldnt have anywhere to look...thank you chino for doing what you do, and thanks to everyone else here who is so generous with their information, and so encouraging. this board is really a good place, its too bad you have to have the idiots who just don't get laid enough come on here and just ***ch... good work chino... and keep it up.
Old 11-30-05, 07:50 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

jalapeno that was one of the best posts i've seen in a while from a newer member.
and that is what this is all about shareing our knowledge from experince to help others.
hell if chino didn't post so much i wouldn't have ever made the decision to order my 1jz.
Thank you
Old 11-30-05, 04:30 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the kind remarks guys. and sorry some of you had to read thru pages and pages of b/s with vj rc51 hating on me... maybe he will get banned here next along with the other forums hes already been banned on and this sc community will go back to normal again.

me being the guy who supposibly "knows everything he knows by reading forums", i actually do things to my car and take it to the track to see results and report the results to my fellow sc community. i didnt make this thread to try to show off that i ran a 13.3 or brag about it. it was strictly just so some of the new guys who are interested in doing 1jz swaps get an idea of what 1jz's do in the 1/4 w/ a few basic bolt ons.

i just find it funny that someone has to try to down me and make me look bad for doing what i do and put **** in my face about it. yet he has nothing to prove himself since he didnt do 100% of his swap himself and after numerous passes at the track (some even with the pass. headlight out, lmao) has still yet to beat my first pass ever stock on stock boost.

with that said, i will still be keeping my fellow sc enthusiasts updated with what i do to my car and the results. its going to take more than one ignorant member to bring me down.. next up for my car are jic coilovers so my next update thread will more than likely be in the steering suspension section....

once again thanks guys for having to put up with the useless b/s
Old 11-30-05, 10:01 PM
Tommyd1919
Lead Lap

as some of you know I have a pretty rare (at least in the States) Blitz 4 core FMIC for my swap... Its actually made for the JZZ30 soarer and not the supra... This was going on at the same time as my (stock twins) 1JZ swap... However after reading through these posts I have decided that it is completely a waste of my time to use it and I have decided to hang it over my fireplace as a conversation piece instead.... Thanks VJ for helping realize the error in my ways.
Old 12-01-05, 05:14 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommyd1919
as some of you know I have a pretty rare (at least in the States) Blitz 4 core FMIC for my swap... Its actually made for the JZZ30 soarer and not the supra... This was going on at the same time as my (stock twins) 1JZ swap... However after reading through these posts I have decided that it is completely a waste of my time to use it and I have decided to hang it over my fireplace as a conversation piece instead.... Thanks VJ for helping realize the error in my ways.
Can you take pics when you hang it over the fireplace?
Old 12-01-05, 07:52 PM
Tommyd1919
Lead Lap

Yea Im just trying to decide if I should fab up some brackets to hold it over the fireplace or if I should just run screws straight through the thing,, I will keep you updated
Old 12-02-05, 05:25 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommyd1919
Yea Im just trying to decide if I should fab up some brackets to hold it over the fireplace or if I should just run screws straight through the thing,, I will keep you updated
Hmm use brackets......are you sure you want to put it over the fireplace though?? Intercooler may cause more heat
Old 12-02-05, 04:43 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I feel like slapping myself for actually reading through this whole thread.

Chino: Good times. I'm totally with the 1 guy who brought up the point that if people like you and me didn't post our mid-level times, people wouldn't even know what to expect on a non-extreme setup.

BTW...I'm surprised my post in April didn't get this kind of treatment from VJ.
Oh...wait a minute....never mind....he wasn't even on the forum then.
I ran a 14.130 with an LSD and 275s and I've got a 2JZ with a half-decent sized single. Tell me how pathetic my time is. What a tool.

Speaking of big intercoolers (oldie but goodie):

~Alan
Old 01-18-06, 07:40 AM
xxwiz8opxx
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Sry if im getting a little off track , chino ur car is the **** congradz on the 13.3 i just picked up my first sc400 with a 1j in it and im tryign to fig out if maybe my car could hit 12's. I have a fmic, bov, full 3inch dual exhaust, boost controller and on high boost can push 18psi also i have 275 toyos in the back wrapped around 19's. Just wondering what you guys would think i would run cause i havent took it to the track yet.
Old 01-18-06, 08:31 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xxwiz8opxx
Sry if im getting a little off track , chino ur car is the **** congradz on the 13.3 i just picked up my first sc400 with a 1j in it and im tryign to fig out if maybe my car could hit 12's. I have a fmic, bov, full 3inch dual exhaust, boost controller and on high boost can push 18psi also i have 275 toyos in the back wrapped around 19's. Just wondering what you guys would think i would run cause i havent took it to the track yet.
......post pics
Old 01-18-06, 08:35 AM
xxwiz8opxx
Rookie

I will post sum in a lil bit, only got like 4 off my phone and they r crappy, more than likely you know the car its was everton's he has a white supra.
Old 01-18-06, 09:34 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

:-\
i don't like this Thread... VJ helps me on AIM, along with Mteele and Brown Duckz. . .
that = The Best.
Old 01-19-06, 08:05 AM
xxwiz8opxx
Rookie

ChuckB heres some pics, there ****y cause my digi broke so im stuck with just the sidekick pics off my phone, will try to get sum hi res shots this weekend. hope you all enjoy

Old 01-19-06, 08:08 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=xxwiz8opxx]ChuckB heres some pics, there ****y cause my digi broke so im stuck with just the sidekick pics off my phone, will try to get sum hi res shots this weekend. hope you all enjoy [QUOTE]

Did you do the swap yourself?
Old 01-19-06, 08:14 AM
xxwiz8opxx
Rookie

Nope picked up the car already with the 1jz in it

Quick Reply: new 1/4 mile time